‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chater Thirty Seven

“So, she’s smart, she’s fuckin’ hot, she plays hockey, she likes your weird ass, AND she cooks,” Matt said and I looked towards Maggie who was making some omelets and frying some potatoes, “Dude, what the hell?”

“I’m just that awesome,” I said and Maggie giggled.

“So where did you two meet- I mean, other than the ice, how did this happen?” Mike asked and Maggie and I looked at each other and smirked.

“We met at the 2011 All Star game, we were on the same team,” Maggie said and I smirked and nodded my head, “He wouldn’t stop flirting with me.”

“Ah yes, the damn Kane charm,” Mike chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“So what was his first pick up line?” Tom asked and I smirked and shook my head, covering my face with a hand as Maggie laughed.

“Hey,” she answered and my friends looked at me.

“That was the line?” Mike asked and Maggie nodded her head, “Hey? After everything I’ve ever taught you-“

Excuse me? That you taught me? Bitch please,” I said and Maggie just laughed, “I’m all natural, bro!”

“Uh huh,” Tom looked at me, “If you’re so natural, then why did you start with hey?”

“Because Toews didn’t give him a chance to finish,” Maggie said and I rolled my eyes, “If he had anything left to say- I’m known to be able to make men speechless.”

“I believe that,” Matt muttered and Tom snickered.

“What did Jon say to you?” Maggie asked as she threw food on a plate and passed it to the four of us and then went on making her own breakfast, “’Just stop’ or something like that?”

“Yeah, we were on the couch for the meeting and said ’hey’ and he pushed me back and told me to just stop,” I said and the guys laughed.

“So,” Maggie hopped up onto the counter across from up, placed her plate of food onto her lap and looked at us, “What’s the plan for today?”

“I don’t know about you guys, but I could sit here and stare at this sight all day,” Tom said and Matt and Mike snickered as he just stared at Maggie.

“You could do that,” Maggie said and shrugged her shoulders, “Or you can ask your bro to take us out on the boat,” she said and then smirked towards me.

“Like hell I’m goin’ to take them out on the boat with you,” I said and she giggled.

“I figured,” she said and then walked over towards me, “Ya know, I always wondered what it would be like to have sex on a boat,” Maggie said and I heard the guys choke on their food and I smirked and chuckled.

“Then we’re definitely not taking them out on the boat,” I said and she smiled brightly.

“Ok, boat another time- Show me around Buffalo instead! I’ve only ever been here for games!” she said and I nodded my head.

“Ok, add to list,” Matt said, “She’s got his sex drive-“

“Dude, just stop, I’m already fuckin’ jealous, stop makin’ it worse!” Tom said and I smiled brightly and watched as Maggie walked over and leaned against my side and kissed my cheek.

“I’m gunna go take the dogs outside,” she said and I nodded my head and watched her walk off and then turned to my friends to see them watching her.

“Fuckin’ lucky.”

“Totally nice ass.”

“Life’s not fair.”

“You guys are ridicules,” I muttered and went back to eating. When Maggie went outside, I watched her, she seemed to like the property, and I was happy with that.

“So Pat,” I looked towards the boys, “How’s she doin? Ya know, after, uh, her brother?” Mike asked and I sighed.

“It’s hard, she’s definitely doing a lot better,” I said and then nodded their heads, “She’s having a hard time on the ice though, she gets flashbacks a lot.”

“Flashbacks? Of what?” Tom asked.

“She was on the ice,” I said and they looked at me, “She saw the whole thing.”

“No shit, I didn’t know that,” Tom said and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, Maggie was supposed to draw Kokorin away from the puck because he was goin’ after her the whole time- But, I don’t know if he caught on to what they were doin’ or what- He went right after Mike and Maggie couldn’t get to him in time.”

“Damn, is she gunna be ready for when the season starts?” Tom asked.

If the season starts,” I said and sighed, “Tazer told me the other day there’s word of a lockout.”

“Fuck,” the boys muttered and I nodded my head.

“What if there is no season? Will you play overseas?” Matt asked and I sighed.

“I don’t know, probably not, we don’t know for sure, so there’s no point in worrying about it now,” I said and they nodded my head.

“Why not though- I mean, if there is no season?” Tom asked.

“I don’t get to spend a lot of time with Maggie during the season, and six weeks in the summer isn’t enough,” I said and they chuckled, “Probably spend the time with her.”

“You actually are in love with her, huh, Kaner?” Mike asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “And all you had to say was ‘hey’?”

“Man, will you shut up about that! It wasn’t just that!” I said and rolled my eyes, “Took a lot of fuckin’ work- Not to mention that she was already in a relationship at the time,” I said and they looked at me wide eyed.

“No way, really? So she left- Who was it? Anyone we know?”

“Not personally, her and Letang were a thing- And no, she didn’t left him for me- He fucked up and I was there to comfort her and it just happened.”

“Penguins Letang?” Tom asked and I nodded my head, “She was fuckin’ a teammate?”

“Well she’s fuckin’ a non-teammate now,” I said and the shrugged their shoulders, “The moron cheated on her,” I said and their eyes widened.

“You’re right, he’s a moron,” Matt said and I nodded my head.

“Got the girl knocked up too,” I said and Tom chuckled and shook his head.

“Guess you’re glad it happened,” Mike said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Yes and no,” I said and sighed, “Happy she’s with me, pissed that it happened to her.”

“Aw, you’re such a softy now,” Tom cooed as he pitched my cheek and I shoved him off.

“Asshole,” I grumbled and the boys laughed.

-Maggie-
“So this is the place that you grew up?” I asked as I looked at the house in front of me and suddenly felt really nervous.

“Yup,” Pat said and then laced his fingers with mine, “Looks like my parents are home too.”

“Are we going in?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Do you want to?”

“Sure,” I said and then leaned against his side, “I can see your old room.”

“You don’t want to see my old room,” he chuckled and shook his head and I felt his arm around my waist and I had my hands on his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

“Oh, but I do,” I smiled brightly and Pat looked at me, “Pleeeeeease?

“You’re a dork.”

“A very sexy dork,” I said and Pat laughed.

“I can’t deny that.”

“A very sexy dork that really wants to see your old room,” I said and he sighed and I kissed his cheek again, took his hand and started to pull him towards that house.

“Slow down! Geeze,” he laughed and then came up behind me as I walked onto the porch. I was about to ring the doorbell when Pat grabbed my hand and went to the door, “Just walk in.”

“But-“

“It’s all right,” he said and then opened the door, “Come on.”

We walked into the house and Pat laced his fingers with mine, he called for his parents and headed towards the kitchen where Pat froze when he saw his parents making out in the kitchen. His mom was sitting on the counter and his dad was in front of her.

“Bad time?” Pat called, his hands over my eyes and I bit back a giggle, thinking that this was awkward.

‘…Yup, he’s definitely their son…’