‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Thirty Nine

“So?” Pat asked as he kissed my shoulder, rolled off of me and laughed a little, “Does it live up to your standards?”

“Definitely!” I laughed and then rolled onto my stomach and looked at Pat, “Sex on a boat is pretty hot.”

“You’re unbelievable,” Pat said as he sat up and then leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

“Well believe it,” I said and then grabbed my bikini, threw it back on and looked around to make sure there were no other boats around since we were in the middle of the lake, during the middle of the day, able to be seen by anyone close.

Pat came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my shoulder, “I love you.”

I giggled and turned around in his arms and smiled towards him, “I love you too.”

Pat pressed his lips onto mine and pushed me closer into his body, I ran my fingers up his skin, a hand behind his neck while the other stayed at his shoulder. We pulled apart when I heard Pat’s phone going off, he sighed and walked over towards it.

“What’s up?”

“Tyler’s here,” he said and I looked at him confused.

“Tyler?”

“Segs,” he answered and I just nodded my head, not knowing that he was here, “He and a buddy are here for three days, I invited them- Is that ok?”

“Yeah,” I said and he nodded his head and walked over towards me, “It’s your home, babe.”

“I know but-“ I pressed my lips against his and then smiled towards him.

“He’s at the house?” I asked and he nodded his head, “We’d better get back.”

-Kane-
“So wait- Just wait!” Tom was laughing hard, he and Mike and Matt had come back to meet Tyler and his friend Freddy. Erica was here as well, she had brought one of her friends Jessica with her and we were enjoying ourselves, “Maggie? This girl right here, kicked your ass, not once, but twice?!”

Everyone was outside sitting around the fire, I was on the ground, Maggie was sitting in-between my legs, leaning against my chest, our fingers were laced together, while we held a beer in another hand and listened to everyone’s conversations.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh it up,” Tyler muttered and took a swig of his beer and I just chuckled.

“That’s fuckin’ funny as shit, bro,” Mike laughed and I looked down at Maggie to see her smirking.

I looked over towards Erica and her friend to see that they were talking to Tyler’s friend, Freddy, they seemed to be in a deep conversation, laughing and shaking their heads. I heard Freddy say that he would be right back and he told the girls that he would show them, I didn’t know what it was, but I was waiting to see.

“So how was the boat?” Matt asked as he looked at Maggie and I.

I smirked towards him and heard Maggie giggle, “Adventurous.”

“Yeah, I’m sure ya fuckin’ bastard,” Tom muttered and then laughed with Matt and Mike.

“Oh cool!” I heard Erica say and looked to where she was looking to see that Freddy was walking back down the hill with a guitar in his hand.

“I knew that was going to be coming out sooner or later,” Tyler chuckled and Freddy smirked.

“You any good?” Maggie asked and I looked down at her.

“I like to think I am,” he said and she nodded her head, “It’s what I want to do, I’m into music.”

“Who’s your favorite?”

“Johnny Cash,” he said proudly and Maggie giggled.

“Maggie here plays,” I said and felt her elbow me and I smirked.

“Really?” he asked and everyone was looking at Maggie.

“I dabble here or there,” she said and I snorted.

“Liar,” I chuckled and she sighed..

“Here, play something,” he said and then held out his guitar. Maggie sighed, pushed herself off of me, grabbed the guitar after Tyler got it off of Freddy and handed it to Maggie, “Doesn’t matter what?”

“I’m thinking,” she said as she took her time to start, “Ok,” she said and then strummed the guitar and then started, it was a song with a fast beat, “Woke up on the right side of the bed, What’s up with this Prince song inside my head? Hands up if you’re down to get down tonight, cuz it’s always a good time. Slept in all my clothes like I didn’t care, hopped into a cab, take me anywhere, I’m in if you’re down to get down tonight, cuz it’s always a good time. Good morning and good night, I’ll wake up at twilight, it’s gunna be all right, we don’t even have to try, it’s always a good time…”

“Nice, if hockey doesn’t work out, I’m sure you can put your voice out there,” Freddy said and Maggie smirked and nodded her head.

“Thanks, but I’m pretty happy with my hockey career,” she giggled as she handed back the guitar and then placed herself in-between my legs again and leaned against my chest.

“You play something now,” Erica said and Freddy nodded his head and started to play something that I’ve never heard again.

I looked down at Maggie and saw her looking up towards the sky, I looked up and figured she was staring out at the stars, because there were a lot out tonight, “You ok?”

“Yeah,” she said and then looked up towards me and I kissed her head.

“Good,” I said and she giggled and patted my knee.

“All right, what about this song- You probably do,” Freddy said and started to play a song, I still didn’t know it, “I’m gonna pick up the pieces, and build a Lego house, if things go wrong we can knock it down-“

“My three words have two meanings, there’s one thing on my mind, it’s all for you,” everyone was looking at Maggie, she knew what song Freddy was singing.

Freddy smirked and just kept playing, they were both singing and I just focused on Maggie’s voice, “And it’s dark in a cold December, but I’ve got you to keep me warm, And if you’re broken I will mend you, and keep you sheltered from the storm that’s raging on…” I draped my arms around Maggie and kissed her head, “…I’m out of touch, I’m out of love, I’ll pick you up when you’re getting down, And out of all these things I’ve done, I will love you better now.”

“Where do I know that song?” I asked, because it started to sound familiar.

“My brothers and I used it in one of the mash ups we did. One of the songs that Staalsy put on youtube,” Maggie said and I chuckled and nodded my head.

“I remember now,” I said and Maggie giggled and nodded her head.

-Maggie-
“Boy that week went by fast,” I said as Pat pulled up in front of my home in Pittsburgh.

“I’ll say, but we’re here for the wedding tomorrow and then we’ll leave the next day,” Pat said as he parked his SUV in my driveway and turned off the vehicle. We walked into my house and it felt weird walking in without my dogs being here, they were still in Buffalo, Erica promised that she would watch them while we were gone, “So what do you want to do now?”

“Eat,” I said and Pat chuckled, “I’m starving.”

“Well shit, we should have done that before we came here,” he said and I sighed, he was right, “Come on then, where do you want to go?”

“You wanna just have pizza delivered?” I asked and Pat smirked and nodded his head.

“Pizza and wings?” I asked as I walked to the kitchen and started to dig through my pile.

“Yeah? Hot wings?” he asked and I giggled.

“I’ll get you hot wings,” I said and Pat came up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I smirked and leaned back into him and found the pizza place that I usually ordered pizza from, “We just can’t tell our trainers that we’re eating this.”

“I’m not breathing a word,” Pat said and I smirked and dialed the number to the shop, asking for a large pizza with a dozen hot wings and a half dozen of mild.

“It’ll be delivered in about an hour,” I said and Pat turned me around and pressed his lips onto mine.

“Good, that means we can have something to do for an hour,” he said and I giggled as he grabbed me by my thighs, picked me up and placed me on the counter and stepped in-between my legs.

“What did you have in mind?” I smiled brightly as I looked down at him, cupping his neck and our foreheads were against each other, knowing what he hand in mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
He's so pretty =)