‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Forty

“Oh my god! Maggie! You look amazing!”

I turned and laughed as I was attacked in hugs, “Hi Heather, Congratulations!”

“Thank you!”

The wedding was over, we were all at the reception now, everyone was at their tables, Pat and I shared a table with Sidney, Kasey, Marc, Vero, Geno and James. There were many tables around us, ours was in the center, I know the Pascal and his wife were behind me with Chris and Maureen Kunitz, Matt and Michelle Cooke and Craig and Anne Adams.

Dinner was served and we were all eating our meals, talking with everyone at our table, having a good time when everything stopped. It seemed the mine, Sidney, Marc, Geno, James, every Penguins’ phone buzzed at the same time. I opened my clutch and took out my phone to see that it was an announcement from the Penguin link. Jordan Staal traded to the Carolina Hurricanes

“What?” I breathed staring at the words on my phone.

“What is it?” Pat asked and I handed him my phone and I looked up towards my teammates, Sidney wasn’t saying anything.

‘…First Max, now Jordan…’ I thought, telling myself not to mention the other name, ‘…We’re loosin’ Penguins…’

Word traveled fast around the banquet about Jordan’s trade, he even decided to stand up at his table and announce the news, even if we already knew. I sighed and nodded my head, looking down at the table and then towards my wine, taking a gulp of it and feeling Pat’s hand on my leg.

“To Staalsy!” Sidney cheered, holding up his beer bottle.

“To Staalsy!” we all cheered and I smiled towards my friend.

We all finished our meals, had dessert, some of us passed on it, too full from dinner and then watched the first dance between the husband and wife. Everyone at our table was still there, I was leaning against my chair, feeling Pat’s arm on the back of it, he and Sidney were talking about this seventy percent chance lockout.

“Hey man!” Marc stood from next to me and I turned and saw Jordan next to me, “Congrats, hope you have fun in Carolina.”

“Yeah, I’ll be with some family,” he said and I stood and hugged him, “Mags, don’t you dare cry.”

“Too late,” I mumbled against him and heard him chuckle and felt him hug me back, “I’m gunna miss you.”

“I’m gunna miss you too, but now I have to play against you, I should be scared,” he said and I heard the guys chuckle.

-Kane-
“Where did you learn to dance?” Maggie giggled as I dipped her and twirled her, pulling her back to me.

“I’ve always known, my parents are big dancers,” I said and she smiled, her hand on my shoulder and other hand held with mine while my other hand was on the small of her back, “Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight?”

“Mhmmm, maybe,” she giggled and I smiled and kissed her cheek, looking her up and down and smiling. Maggie was wearing a dark purple one shoulder dress that ended above her knees and then some black heels, “You might have mentioned something when you almost made us late to the wedding.”

I chuckled, the reason we were almost late was because when Maggie came into the kitchen dressed and ready to go, I suddenly had the urge to take her right back up those stairs and take off that dress.

“I cut in?” I heard and turned my head to see Malkin standing there.

“Sure,” I said and then kissed Maggie’s cheek. I walked away, watching as Malkin took my spot with Maggie. I made my way back to the table and saw Crosby and Neal talking about hockey, “Man, do you ever not talk about hockey?” I teased and Crosby smirked.

“Where’s Mags?” Neal asked, looking around.

“Malkin wanted to steal her away,” I smirked and sat at the table and heard the two chuckle.

“Tanger’s here,” Neal said and I nodded my head.

“I’m doin’ my best to stay away from that area,” I said and Crosby sighed.

“I thought you were fine?”

“Doesn’t mean that I want to see him,” I said and Crosby nodded his head.

“Gentlemen!” I looked up and saw the eldest Staal.

“Hey Eric!” Crosby said.

“So, what’s a Hawk doing here? Didn’t know you and Jordan were friends?” Eric asked as he looked at me.

“I’m not, I’m here with Maggie,” I said and Eric’s eyes widened and he looked towards Crosby and Neal and then back towards me.

“Marshall?” he asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “Huh? Didn’t see that coming.”

“Trust us, we didn’t either!” Crosby laughed and I looked towards him, “But they’ve been together for a while now.”

“She’s a friend, so don’t fuckin’ hurt her,” he said and I smirked.

“I’m not that stupid,” I said and he smirked and patted my shoulder.

-Maggie-
“There’s my other girl!” I heard and laughed when I saw Jordan and Heather comin’ over, “I wanna steal her G.”

Geno started to dance with Heather while Jordan pulled me away and I giggled when he spun me, “How are you? I haven’t seen you in a week.”

“I haven’t been in Pittsburgh,” I said and he looked at me confused, “I was up in Buffalo with Pat.”

“Ah, is Kane taking you away from here?” Jordan chuckled and I smirked.

“Yeah,” I smiled and then heard Jordan sigh, “What?”

“Are you going to go to Chicago?” he asked and I looked up at him.

“We’ve been through this, Jordan,” I said and he shook his head.

“That was at Christmas, seven months ago, that was when Mike was still here- Pretty sure the only real reason that you were staying in Pittsburgh,” he said and I looked towards the ground.

“I’ve had this conversation with Sid,” I said and looked at Jordan, “I’m staying with Pittsburgh until my contract ends in 2014, and then I’ll maybe go to Chicago,” I said and he nodded his head, “We’ll see where life takes me.”

“I just want you to be happy, Mags,” he said and kissed my head and I nodded my head, “I love you, Mags, you’re still family to me, even if I’m not a Penguin.”

“I love you too, Jordy,” I said and he chuckled and hugged me.

“Kane makes you happy, I see it, Sid sees it- We all see it, and we just want you to be happy,” he said and I nodded my head.

-Kane-
“Pat!” Maggie gasped as I shoved her against the wall and hiked up her dress. I felt her clawing at my clothes as I pulled her underwear down, not even caring about getting the dress off, “Bedroom, bedroom!”

I picked Maggie up, feeling her holding onto my shoulders as I carried her through the house, up the stairs, into her bedroom and onto her bed. Maggie sat up and unzipped the dress, she pushed me off of her, stood up and I watched as the dress fell to the ground and I smiled at her standing naked in front of me. She wasn’t wearing a bra and I had already taken her underwear off downstairs.

I chuckled when Maggie pulled my shirt open, hearing buttons pop off my shirt and fall to the ground, I grabbed her and threw her onto the bed and pressed my lips against hers, “You owe me a new shirt.”

“You look better without one,” she giggled and I smirked and pulled my shirt off and then my undershirt and tossed it off to the side, “See,” Maggie giggled and I shivered when I felt her fingers on my skin, “Much better.”

“You’re stealing my line, babe,” I chuckled and rushed to get off my pants.

“And you’re moving too slow, babe,” she said and pushed herself towards the top of the bed as I pulled my pants and boxers down, kicked them to the side and crawled after her.

“Movin’ too slow- I’ll show you!” I smirked as I grabbed her ankles and pulled her towards me and pressed my lips against hers and moved my hands slowly up her legs.

I started to kiss her neck, shoulder, chest; my thumb ran over the scar on her side from last year when she fell into my skate. I felt Maggie run her fingers through my hair and I kissed her stomach. She arched her back when I kissed the area under her belly button.

“Stop teasing, Pat.”

“I’m showing you slow,” I chuckled and she glared at me and I just smirked, “Love you.”