‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Forty Four

BREAKING NEWS: Totally have an AWESOME announcement!!!! Starting in September I will be interning for the Chicago Blackhawks in the Public Relations and Communications department!!! I'm super excited!!! Ok, I'm finished =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Go Dana, Go!” I cheered loudly as I watched my cousin push through the workout that she was trained to do for the past four weeks. Today was our last day, and I was happy to see that Dana was doing really well and that she was able to keep up fairly well with me.

“So I’m starting to think that I might see another Marshall in the NHL in two years,” Andy said and I looked at him and smiled, “Second woman in the NHL.”

“Really?” I asked happily and Andy chuckled.

“If she keeps this training up and does what she’s showed me for the last month, definitely,” he said and I giggled, “Will I see her next summer?”

“Definitely,” I said and he nodded his head, “She’ll be going into her junior year in high school.”

“Well, maybe she’ll be in the 2014 NHL Draft,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, “I never told you,” I looked at him, “I’m sorry about Mikey.”

“Thanks,” I said and felt him pat my back, “It means a lot.”

“You’ve been doing well though,” he said and I looked at him, “I know in the beginning we had those moments,” he said and I sighed, “But you’ve really improved Mags, I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks,” I said and nodded my head, “I just needed to push myself- It was definitely hard.”

“Well you had good teammates and friends that were willing to help you through the pain,” Andy said and I nodded my head.

We were at the gym for another three hours, all of us finished the last of our training, I definitely felt pretty damn good about myself, knowing that I put on some muscle that would help me with the season, that we now had no clue was going to start because there was indeed a lockout. When we finished at the gym, Andy told us all that we’ve done a great job and that it was a pleasure training us and looked forward to seeing us next summer. Dana was really excited to hear that and told Andy that she couldn’t wait to show her teammates her new skills; everyone got a laugh out of that.

Right now I walked into the bedroom after taking a shower and saw Dana on the bed typing on her laptop, “What are you doing?”

“Facebook, Twitter and Instagram,” she said and I giggled.

“Come again?”

“Uploading pictures from my summer,” she said and I walked over towards her, plopped down on the bed and looked at the screen.

“Show me from the beginning,” I said and Dana nodded her head and started from the very beginning, the title of her photo album being ‘Summer’.

The first photo were of Dana and I at the airport in Vancouver, I remembered her father taking it as soon as he stood me up and hugged me. There were a few from the cookout at her house, a lot of her friends and family. There was her hockey team in a picture with me, I laughed because I remembered that they were awestruck to meet me. A few more from the day that we spent in Vancouver and then there was a picture of Dana and I when we were on the plane heading to Denver. I smiled when the picture that I took when Dana ran towards Sidney was on there and I got a good one, where she was hugging him and her feet were off the ground. There were pictures of the house, of her with Jeff, Jamie, Sidney and Matt, or her being coached by Andy, I took some of them. I smiled when the pictures that I took of her doing her drills and workouts were on there, saying that she was proud of her accomplishments and not caring that she looks nasty.

“How many are there?” I laughed as the pictures just kept going and going and going.

“About ninety or so,” she said and I smirked and rolled my eyes, seeing a lot of selfies, “This is my favorite- I made it my profile picture- I think you took it.”

Dana pulled up her picture and I nodded my head, “I did, I have an app on my phone where you can edit it and add effects,” I said as I looked at the picture. It was of Dana on the ice, she was in her gear, looking like she was about to start a drill. It was black and white other than her dark purple jersey with the high school hockey team logo on it. I had added a text on the bottom that said ‘Next NHL Star’.

“I like it,” Dana said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Mags.”

“Yeah.”

“Thank you,” Dana said and I looked at her, “For everything- Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” I said and hugged her as best as I could, since we were both lying on our stomach on the bed, “I want you to be successful in whatever you do, D- And if you don’t get into the NHL- You don’t want to play hockey anymore,” I said and she looked at me, “It’s all right- I’m not going to love you any less.”

“I want to be a hockey player- I want to be in the NHL- I want to be like you Maggie,” she said and I just looked at her, absorbing her words, “You’re my role model, Mags.”

“You know, D,” I said and sighed, “Growing up, my dad was always my role model, I always wanted to be just like him.”

“And now?”

“You’re my role model too, kido,” I said and kissed her head, “You have something in you that I don’t.”

“I do?” she asked and I nodded my head, “What?”

“You’re not afraid to ask for help,” I said and she looked at me, “When you called me and asked for help, I was honored that you would choose me. You might tell me and other people that I’m your role model, Dana- But you’re more a role model than I’ll ever be. I’ve seen it first hand and I know other people who’ve seen it. You’re a role model on and off the ice and I see greatness for you in the future,” I said and Dana just looked at me, “You’re going to get drafted into the NHL and represent the Marshall family. When Emma has that baby- You and I, we’re going to be in charge of teaching them hockey- Boy or girl! I don’t care!” I laughed and Dana smiled and nodded her head.

“I love you Maggie,” Dana said and I smiled and hugged her again.

“Love you too, Dana.”

-Kane-
“Babe!” I yelled and smiled when I saw her eyes lock on mine and a bright smile was shown on her face.

“Pat!” Maggie yelled and she ran at me, jumping into my arms, wrapping her arms and legs around me, “I missed you!”’

“I missed you too, babe,” I said and pulled my head back and pressed my lips against hers, feeling both of our hats falling off of our heads, but not caring one bit.

“Hi,” Maggie giggled and I smiled brightly and placed her on the ground, lacing my fingers into hers and then bending down to pick up both of our hats, “Thanks,” she said and then slipped it back on her head and pulling the bill over her eyes.

“You gear got to my house yesterday,” I said and she nodded her head, “Do you have anything in baggage claim?”

“No, just my carryon,” Maggie said and I nodded my head, “I shipped my gear and clothes out to you before I left for Vancouver to drop Dana off.”

“How’d she do?”

“Awesome! Andy really liked her and says that he sees a good future in hockey for her,” Maggie said happily and I smiled and nodded my head as we headed out of the Buffalo airport and headed for my car across the road in the parking garage.

“That’s great, so when will we see her name in the NHL?” I chuckled and Maggie giggled.

“I’m hoping she’ll try out for the 2014 draft,” she said and I looked at her.

“That soon?” I asked and Maggie nodded her head.

“She’ll be eighteen and graduate of high school,” she said and I nodded my head.

We got to Maggie’s Escalade, I had stole it when she left for Vancouver, and I got into the drivers’ seat and looked in the passengers’ to not see Maggie there. I knew I saw her walk over here and I heard the door close, I cursed when I felt her grab my shirt and I turned my head to see her in the backseat. I chuckled and climbed over the consol and into the backseat and felt her lips pressed against mine. Maggie’s fingers tangled themselves in my hair and I ran my hands down her sides and under her shirt. I groaned against her mouth when she bucked her hips into mine and I wrestled with her tongue.

Maggie and I parted long enough so that we could start taking our clothes off, being sure to do quick kisses in-between throwing our clothes in different directions. I leaned over the one seat and pressed the button to push the seats down and climbed over, pulling Maggie with me so that I could lie her down comfortably. I climbed on top of her and pressed my lips against hers, happy that she had tinted windows.

“Pat,” she groaned and ran her hands up my arms, shoulders and then cupped my next, “I missed you.”

I chuckled as it pressed my lips against hers and then moved down to her neck, shoulder, chest, back up to her neck and slid into her, hearing Maggie groan and feeling her arch her back, “I missed you too, Maggie.”

-Maggie-
The sun was shining through the window, I heard panting and felt eyes on me. I blinked my eyes opened and saw that I was lying on Pat’s chest, his arms around me and his face was in my hair. I smiled and then looked across from me to see Jazz on the bed looking at me and panting. I giggled and reached my hand up to pet his head, he bent down and licked my hand and then when I moved my hand back, Jazz whined and took a step forward and climbed on top of Pat. I laughed when Pat jumped up and groaned from Jazz’s heavy weight.

“Bad dog,” Pat groaned and laid back on the bed and I giggled and climbed on top of him, pushing Jazz off the bed.

“Mornin’,” I said sitting on his stomach and still having the sheets wrapped around me.

“Mhmmm, morning,” he said and I felt his hands glide up my thighs and under the sheets, “I’m happy you’re here.”

“Me too.”