‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Forty Five

“That was a long ass flight!” Pat whined and I just yawned and nodded my head, I looked to my other side, feeling a head on my shoulder to see a tired Jon.

“Sixteen hours,” he mumbled, “Shoot me.”

I giggled and patted his head, looking at the other guys who had decided to join us on our trip. I was excited to see Abby and Sharp here, Corey and his girlfriend, Anna, Duncan and his wife, Kelly, Brent Seabrook, Brandon Saad and I was surprised to see rookie, Andrew Shaw here. There were twelve of us here, we had all met up in Chicago, Pat and I left Buffalo about two days before our flight because I had never really seen the city during the day time and I wanted to.

We all met at the airport the day of our flight, all of us sitting in first class, we took our four thirty in the afternoon flight that lasted eight and half hours to Madrid, Spain, landing there at almost eight in the morning. We got lost in the airport and no one other than Corey’s girlfriend could speak Spanish, so we were really happy to have her here. We missed our connecting flight to Las Palmas, Spain and had to wait four hours in the humid no ventilation airport, before we got our asses on a very small plane that flew us, over ocean to Las Palmas, Canary Islanders, Spain, where we were going to spend our next ten days relaxing.

Sharp and Corey walked over towards the stands to get our cars, we had three big SUVs that we were going to share. I felt Pat’s fingers slip into mine and I heard him chuckle and saw him smirking towards his Captain, who was practically asleep on my shoulder.

“All right, we’ve got the keys, they’re going to pull the cars up our front- We still need our luggage,” Sharp said and we all nodded our heads and Jon groaned and pushed himself up.

We all gathered our luggage, made our way outside to see the three SUVs pull up, Jon, Brent, Pat and I got into the first one. I hoped into the drivers’ seat as the boys threw the luggage into the backseat. There was a knock on the window and I saw Sharp standing there with a map.

“So, do you know where you’re going?” he asked and I hoped out of the car and placed the map on the hood of the SUV.

“We’re right here,” I grabbed his pen and circled our location, “We need to go down the interstate and make it to the beach.”

“Right, the guy over there said it’s about a two hour drive,” he said and I nodded my head, “Do you wanna lead?”

“No, have Abby read the map, Tazer and Seabiscuit look like they’re goin’ to crash and I don’t trust Pat with a map,” I said and Sharp chuckled and nodded his head, “Just pull ahead of me and we’ll all follow you.”

“All right, just don’t bitch if we get lost,” he said and I giggled.

“I’m confident in Abby’s reading abilities,” I said and Sharp rolled his eyes.

“Just not my directional skills?”

“Never,” I said and he laughed and headed back towards the second car and I saw that he, Abby, Duncan and Kelly were occupying that one.

“Want me to drive?” Pat asked and I looked at him and shook my head, “You sure?”

“I’m fine, thanks though,” I said and pulled myself into the seat and then adjusted it so that I would be able to see.

I watched as Sharp pulled out from behind me and lead us out of the airport and onto the highway. I don’t even think we were on the highway when I looked back and saw Jon and Brent passed out in the backseat. I smirked and watched as Pat took a picture of the two, they both had their heads back and mouths open.

It took us a little over two hours to get to our destination, we did get lost once, but Abby quickly found where we needed to be and we were happy about that. I was tired as we pulled into a parking spot in front of the front office from the villa that we rented along the beach. We all waited in the AC running vehicles as Sharp and Corey walked into the office to get the keys for our nine bedroom, ten bath huge home for the next nine days.

Everyone was in awe as we pulled up to the estate and I smiled brightly seeing the huge yellow home that was just walking distance from the beach. We all rushed our tired bodies out of the cars, grabbed our luggage and Abby yelled, wanting to get a group picture before going into the house. She set her camera on one of the cars and we all gathered around each other and smiled.

“All right, all right, all right, let’s go!” Pat yelled and I giggled and watched as the guys ran towards the front door and seemed to struggle to get it open.

“What the hell?” Corey grumbled, “It won’t open!”

“Did they give us the wrong key?” Duncan asked as the girls and I walked over.

“I want a bed!” Jon whined and I giggled and shook my head, setting my luggage down, pushing past the boys and getting to the door.

“We’re not in America anymore, boys,” I said as I unlocked the door and then pushed it to the side, “See how there’s not a normal door handle. You don’t push it in, you pull it to the side.”

“Oooooooooh,” they all said and I rolled my eyes and saw the three other girls giggling.

“All right, go fight for a room kids!” Abby yelled and I stepped out of the way so that they could all run in.

“This is definitely entertaining,” Anna said as she walked over to Abby and I and giggled with us as we watched the eight grown me, push and shove each other as they go up the stairs to fight for a room.

“With nine bedrooms, we’ll each have our own space,” Kelly said and I nodded my head, “And even a spare room.”

“I’m sure, the single boys will appreciate that when they bring girls over,” I said and three just rolled their eyes.

“So how did you find this place, Maggie? I’ve never heard of the Canary Islands,” Abby said and I smiled.

“My parents took my brothers here about three times, it’s a beautiful place; although, we stayed on Gran Canaria island, which is a few islands down from Las Palma,” I explained and they nodded their heads.

“Maggie!” I heard the boys yell and I sighed.

“Why do I have a feelin’ you’re going to be the mom of the group?” Anna giggled and I just rolled my eyes.

“Because I probably am.”

MAGGIE!!!

“I’m coming! Hold yer horses!” I growled as I stopped up the stairs and looked back and forth to see where they were, “Where are ya’ll?”

“Down here!” I heard and turned to my left and walked down the hall to see two double doors opened and walked in to see every single guy in there and they were sitting on the bed.

“Um, what’s going on?” I asked and the guys looked at me and I just looked around the room, it looked to be the master suite.

“We all want this room,” Corey said and I sighed.

“Well, I’m Captain!” Jon whined and I snickered.

“Fuck you! That doesn’t work here!” Brent yelled and I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall.

“You guys can’t have this room,” I said and they looked at me, “Sharpie and Abby have this room.”

“Really?” Sharp asked, smiling brightly.

“Y’all are her for your anniversary, why not get the master suite?” I said and the guys sighed, “And you four- Ya’ll are gunna be bringin’ back girls anyways, they bigger your room, the more of a mess ya gunna make in here.”

“Man, she’s layin’ it thick on that Southern drawl,” Brent teased and the guys snickered and I glared at them.

“Just for that, I’m choosin’ everyone’s rooms!” I barked and they whined, “You all can stay right here,” I walked into the hallway, saw the girls and smiled, walking past them and looking into each bedroom. The room next to the master wasn’t as big, but it looked nice, “Donut, you and Kelly can be in here,” I said and Duncan stood up and walked over towards me, “Go!”

I walked to the next room and assigned Corey and Anna the room, there was another room, but I didn’t assign it to another, which would be the spare bedroom. There was one last door, I opened it and smiled, Pat and I would get this one, all of the couples would be upstairs. I called for Pat and told him this was ours.

“How come you didn’t put someone in here?” Andrew asked as he looked into the room.

“Do you really want to be next to our room?” I asked and Pat snickered and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Where are the other rooms, I don’t want to be on this floor!” Jon yelled and walked out of the master bedroom, “Not with you two!”

Pat and I laughed and I felt his lips on my neck, “The other four bedrooms are on the first level- At least, that’s what the map said,” I said and the guys sighed, nodded their heads and the four of them headed down the stairs.

“Well that was easy,” Pat said and I giggled and felt him pull me into the bedroom and closed the door, pinning me against it and pushing his lips against mine.

“Babe,” I giggled against his lips, “As much as I would love to continue this- I’m really tired.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” he said and kissed my cheek, “I’ll go get the bags.”

“Thanks,” I said and watched as Pat walked out of the room and I got to look at the spacious bedroom. It had a king size bed, a walk-in closet, a large shower with his and hers sink, a balcony with a sitting area that looked out towards the beach, ‘…This is beautiful…’

I started to take my sneakers off, I was in shorts and a tank top, but I was sweating because it was hot here, plus when we were stuck in Madrid, the airport was so humid. I started to take my clothes off and head towards the bathroom, deciding that I was going to take a shower before I took my nap. I turned the water on and then wrapped one of the towels around me and walked back into the room to see Pat walking in.

“What are you up to?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

“Showering,” I said with a smirk on my face as I walked over towards my suitcase, opened it up to grab a pair of cotton shorts and a Penguins t-shirt and then my shower case. I walked back towards the bathroom, smirking because I could feel Pat’s eyes on me. I threw my things down and then poked my head back into the room and saw Pat smirking towards me, “Aren’t ya gunna join me?”