‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Forty Six

“Will you stop looking at it!” I snapped as I looked at Brent, Brandon and Andrew, who were just staring at me.

“I’m sorry! I can’t- It’s just- Is that from-“

“Shut up!” I growled and he groaned.

“But it’s like- You’re like-“

“Dude, just spit it out, she’s gunna be pissy anyways,” Andrew said to Brandon and I heard some of the others snicker.

“Isn’t that what happened to Del Zotto?” Brandon asked and I just looked at him.

“Yeah, he collided with Malkin’s skate back in 2012- Before I was a Penguin,” I said and then rolled my eyes, the three boys were fascinated with the scar on my side that was caused when I collided with Pat’s skate last year during a game.

“What do you tell people when they ask?” Brent asked, the only one between the three of them to be at the game and witness the event.

“I don’t, because they don’t ask,” I said and the three rolled their eyes.

“Well, if they ask, you could tell them that you like- I don’t know, were attacked by a shark- Yeah! You survived a shark attack!” Andrew said and I groaned and laid back on sand, my head landing on Pat’s stomach and I heard him chuckle, “Maggie-“

“I’m NOT tell people I survived a shark attack,” I said and took my aviators off my head and threw them over my eyes.

Today was our first full day on vacation and we decided that we were going to spend it relaxing on the beach because we were still a little beat from the jet lag. Even though we were walking distance from the house, we packed a cooler of beer, soda and water. The beach we were at was a private beach to the estate that we rented, along with all of the other homes along the beach. There was a volleyball net walking distance from where we were, the ocean right in front of us, clean sand, and then a rock formation that looked to capture great photographic memories.

Jon, Brandon, Andrew and Brent had a ball and were running towards the ocean while Abby and Sharp were relaxing on the sand with Pat and I and Anna, Kelly, Duncan and Corey were over in the volleyball course.

“Babe, don’t you wanna go in the water?” I asked as I tilted my head up and looked at Pat.

“Not yet, you?”

“Oh no, I don’t do oceans,” I said and he looked at me confused.

“What?”

“I don’t wanna swim with the fishes,” I said and he chuckled, “I like pools.”

“The water’s pretty clear, you can see where you’re walking,” he said and I shook my head, “You know that I’m gunna get your ass in the water, right?”

“Yes,” I said dejectedly and he laughed, “But I’m still gunna put up a fight.”

“Won’t be much of a fight,” he said and I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “You put sun-block on? You’re already turning red.”

“No, can you put some on my back,” I said and he nodded his head and I sat up and grabbed the bottle that was behind him and squirted some in my hands so that I could get everywhere that I could reach. I flinched at the cold lotion as Pat ran his hand over my back and I flipped my hair to the side so that he could get everywhere.

-Kane-
“Don’t you dare! NO! Pat! NO! Get away from me!” I laughed as Maggie jumped up from the towel and started to run, she knew I was coming at her to drag her into the water, “No!”

“I’m gunna get ya, Mags!” I yelled, a smirk on my face as I caught up with her and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her against me, “Got ya.”

“No, no, no, no! Don’t pull me in the water!” she yelled and I laughed and picked her up to throw her over my shoulder, hearing the others laugh, “PATRICK KANE!!!”

“Oooooooh she went all first and last name on your ass!” Duncan yelled and I laughed and headed for the water.

As I went deeper into the water, I felt Maggie curling up her legs and trying to not let her body touch the water, this only made me smirk and I just threw her. She resurfaced, pushed her hair out of the way and glared at my laughing face.

“I hate you,” she growled and I chuckled, walked over towards her and wrapped my arms around her, “I hate you.”

“No you don’t,” I smirked and moved my hands to her hips.

“I should totally hate you,” she grumbled and I chuckled kissed her forehead, tasting the salt from the water on my lips.

“You don’t,” I smiled brightly.

“No, but I totally should!” she said and I chuckled, wrapped my arms around her and pushed her against me and then pressed my lips against hers.

I felt her hands on my shoulders and then I moved my hands down to her thighs and felt her wrap her legs around my waist and I moved my hand to her ass and squeezed, hearing her moan against my lips and then slip her fingers into my hair.

I pulled back and leaned my forehead against hers and chuckled, “Got ya into the water.”

“Fuck you,” she growled and I laughed and kissed her cheek.

“Come on guys! This water is nice and clean! If you two start fuckin’ I’ll be scarred for life!” Brandon yelled and I chuckled and felt Maggie’s face dig into my neck and she sighed.

-Maggie-
Pat and I walked with the others on the streets of downtown, it was a cute little place, reminded me of the boardwalks at famous beaches. We had taken off on our adventure to find food and entertainment, well, and for the single boys, they wanted girls. According to the manager of the estate that we were renting, she said that this islands, along with all of the other Canary Islands, were visited by people from many different countries. The people that were in the house next to us were people from Germany, and I was happy that I could understand them, knowing the language after being taught by my mother and grandmother.

“What about this place?” Brent asked as he pointed towards what looked to be some sort of tropical cuisine restaurant.

“Uh, sure,” I said, not really caring, just wanting food.

We all agreed and walked into the open restaurant and found the hostess to sit all twelve of us at a table. She took our orders and we struggled with her broken English, she needed us to speak first to know what language we spoke. We all chose some version of alcohol and then looked at the food menu.

“Goat? Oxtail?” Abby flinched, “I don’t know how I feel about this menu.”

“They’ve got chicken wings,” Anna said as she pointed towards Abby’s menu.

“Is it real chicken though?” Brent asked.

“What are you looking at, Mags?” Jon asked from my left side while Pat sat at my right.

“Uh, I was looking at the grill salmon and hoping that it was edible,” I said and he chuckled, “You?”

“The catfish,” he said and I nodded my head.

The girl came back with our drinks and then proceeded with our orders, Pat ended up wanting to try the goat and I shook my head. Kelly, Abby and Anna ordered either chicken fingers and fries or chicken wings, too scared to try something else. The others and I ordered some version of seafood, fish or shrimp, though Sharp ordered eel.

“Please don’t get food poisoning,” Abby muttered from across from me and I giggled.

“So what’s the plan for this vacation?” Duncan asked, “Or are we just wingin’ the whole thing?”

“Uh, I saw on some of the brochures in the house that there are things to do on the island, we can check those out,” Abby said as she pulled a small binder out of her purse and I giggled, “Let’s see, there’s horseback riding in the mountains,” she said and then turned the page, “We can take a boat to another island and ride camels on the dessert,” she turned the page, “Jet ski, water board- Ooooo, we can rent a boat and all go out on the water- Does anyone have their boating license?”

“I do,” Pat said and I smiled towards him and felt his hand on my thigh.

“Great!” she said and I giggled, “There’s a lot of things to do, a few nightclubs deeper into the city-“

“You know we’ll be hookin’ those up, eh?!” Brent smiled brightly and then high fived Andrew and Brandon.

We continued to discuss what we could do during our vacation until our food came out, surprisingly it was pretty good. Although, Pat ended up not liking the goat and started to steal my fish, which I let him because I felt bad for him. When we finished eating, we paid our bill, Pat paid for mine before I could pay for myself and I glared at him for it, but he waved it off.

After we finished in the restaurant, it was pretty dark out, we wanted to head back to the house because we still didn’t really know how to get back. Ok, we definitely didn’t know how to get back since we got lost a few times.

“Look, there’s the beach, all we have to do is walk on the beach and we’ll find the house,” Abby said and we looked at her, “Isn’t the house along the beach? It’s all connected- Or at least it should be,” she said and we all nodded our heads and started to walk along the beach.

After walking for a half hour and we were starting to wonder when we were going to find our house and where were we. I looked at the moons reflecting on the water and smiled, it was a pretty sight.

“You all right?” Pat asked and I looked at him to see him looking back at me.

“Yeah, my feet are starting to hurt,” I giggled and Pat smirked, walked over towards me and bent down so that I could climb onto his back, “Really?”

“Get on silly,” he said and I laughed and jumped onto his back and felt him grab my legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my chin on his shoulder. He started to walk again to catch up with the group, “Hey Mags.”

“Hmmm?”

“I love you,” he said just out of the blue and I giggled and kissed his cheek.

“I love you too, Pattie.”