‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Fifty

“Wait, wait, wait, babe slow down!” Pat laughed as I stood in the kitchen with him and jumped up and down excitedly, “What happened?”

“I got promoted to Assistant Captain!” I said and he smiled brightly.

“Awesome, is this permanent this time?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Nice, congratulations babe,” Pat said and then pressed his lips against mine and hugged me, “What else?”

“I’m going to LA next week because Covergirl wants me to be in one of their commercials and they want an interview,” I said and he smiled.

“That’s makeup, right?” he asked and I giggled and nodded my head, “You don’t need that shit, you’re naturally pretty.”

“Aw, thanks,” I said and patted his cheek, “But I still need it sometimes.”

“So what else?” Pat asked and I smiled brightly, squealed a little and clapped my hands, “Fuck, this must be big!”

“Yup! Definitely! Awesome! Huge!” I said and Pat laughed, “Drum roll please!” Pat smiled and drummed on the counter, “Mario and the league are discussing with the other countries so that for the 2014 Olympics I’ll be able to play on the men’s league!”

“What?!” Pat yelled wide eyed, “That’s totally awesome, Maggie! You know what that means?”

“No, what?”

“That you definitely have a spot on the team!” he said and I smiled brightly, “For the men or women’s team.”

“You do too, ya know,” I said and he looked at me, “Come on, you can’t tell me that they’re not going to put you on the team after your goal against Canada in the gold game?”

Pat smiled and shrugged his shoulders, “They haven’t even announced who Team USA coaches are- Probably won’t until next year,” he said and I nodded my head, “Babe, this is HUGE news!”

“I know! But you can’t tell anyone!” I said quickly and he looked at me confused, “Technically I’m not even supposed to know, Mario was just too excited to hold it back from me.”

“Oh, gotchya, I’ll try to keep my mouth shut,” he said and I giggled, “You know I have a big mouth though.”

“I know,” I smiled.

“I usually have to have something covering it,” Pat said and his hands slipped onto my sides.

“Something covering it, huh?” I asked and Pat smirked and nodded his head. I looked on the counter and smiled; as Pat leaned in I grabbed it and placed it to his mouth, “Cover it with an apple.”

“Maggie,” he whined and I laughed and placed the apple back on the counter and wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his.

Pat pushed me up against the counter and I felt his hands on my ass and they slipped into the back pockets of my jeans. He pulled back and leaned his head against my shoulder and kissed my neck, “You still tired?” I giggled and Pat looked at me and kissed my cheek.

“A little,” he said and I nodded my head. We had left early this morning to drive back to Pittsburgh, it was supposed to be a seven and half hour drive, but we hit so much traffic, it took us nine hours. We were in a dead stop for almost an hour because there was an accident and no other ways to get around it because there was construction.

“Let’s go take a nap,” I said and Pat nodded his head and then kissed my cheek. I took his hand and then pulled him out of the kitchen, towards the stairs, up them and to my room. I giggled when the dogs followed us, and then kicked off my shoes and pulled my jeans down.

“I thought we were napping?” Pat laughed and I watched him crawl into bed only in his boxers.

“We are perv,” I giggled and then got under the covers, “It’s uncomfortable to sleep in jeans.”

Pat smirked and slipped under the sheets and I turned my back to him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I laid my head on his other arm. It didn’t take me long to get comfortable, Pat’s scent and warm body made me fall asleep sooner than I thought I would, I definitely fell asleep with a smile on my face though.

-Kane-
“Nicky!” Maggie yelled from waiting room.

We had just watched her little brother play his college football game and he was really good, he was really fast. Nick walked into the room and smiling, jogging over towards his sister and pulling her into a hug.

“You were awesome!” Maggie smiled and patted his cheek.

“Nicely done, man,” I smiled and patted his shoulder and shook his head.

“Thanks,” he smiled, “The best I’ve ever played.”

Nick caught five of the passes for a career-high one hundred forty four yards. The Panthers definitely dominated the game with a final score of 55-10. They had eight touchdowns, two of those touchdowns belonging to Nick, though on one of the touchdowns, they missed the extra point.

“Let’s go out to celebrate!” Maggie said and Nick smiled and nodded his head.

“Yo Marshall!” we heard and turned our head to see some guy coming over towards Nick, “Good game, man.”

“Thanks, you too,” he said and they hugged.

“Who’s this?” he asked and I bit my lip from laughing.

‘…Must not know hockey…’ I thought and Nick smiled brightly.

“This is my sister, Maggie,” Nick introduced and the two shook hands.

“No way, so this is your hockey playing sister?” the guy asked and Maggie nodded her head, “Well hell, Nicky, you didn’t tell me she was hot- The name’s Dante,” he said and I definitely wanted to laugh when he started to flirt with Maggie.

“My bad dude, I forgot, this is her boyfriend, Pat,” Nick said and the guy looked at me and then looked down and saw my hand around her waist.

‘…Yeah that’s what I thought, fucker…’ I thought and the guy smirked.

“My bad, dude, you gotta appreciate the beauties though,” he said and then smirked towards Maggie, “Hope to see you again, Maggie.”

“Uh, maybe,” she said and then he walked away, “Yeah, Nicky, Imma wait for you by the car from now on.”

Nick and I let out a laugh and I kissed Maggie’s head, ‘…That’s my girl…’

-Maggie-
“So Emma’s coming back in two weeks,” Nick said and I looked at him, taking a sip of my water.

“Have you talked to her?” I asked and Nick nodded his head.

“I talked to her yesterday,” he said and I nodded my head, “You?”

I called her when I flew into Chicago last week and then two days ago- Though she didn’t tell me when she was coming back.”

“Yeah, she just decided,” he said and I nodded my head, “Are you going to be staying in Pittsburgh?”

“Other than next week- Yes,” I said and Nick looked at me, “I want to be here for when she’s here to help take care of her. I know she’s having a hard time with the pregnancy.”

“Yeah, she’s getting morning sickness a lot and the doctor said that it’s rare, but it does happen,” Nick said and I nodded my head, “So, what’s going on next week?”

“I’m going to LA for a week because Covergirl wants me to be in a commercial for them,” I said and he smiled.

“Awesome, that’ll be fun,” Nick said and I nodded my head and looked towards Pat who was looking at his phone, “You goin’ with her?”

Pat looked up and looked at Nick, “No,” he chuckled, “I wasn’t invited.”

“Sorry, I just don’t want you to be bored in the hotel room the whole time,” I said and Pat chuckled and I felt his hand on my thigh.

“It’s cool, I’ll keep your brother company and watch over your dogs- Maybe through a party-“

“Yes!” Nick smiled brightly.

“No!” I yelled and Pat laughed.

“Relax, I won’t through a party,” Pat said and I rolled my eyes, “At least not a big one.”

“Pat!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image