‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Fifty Two

I laughed as I sat around the table with the highly known celebrities, we were in a conference room and the director of the commercial was going to come in soon and go over what we were going to do for the commercial. Ellen was talking to Katy Perry about how at one of the award shows, Katy had worn a dress that made her boobs appear to be really big and Ellen thought it was funny.

I looked down at my phone when I felt it buzz in my hand and looked down to see that Sidney texted me saying that on Friday he was going to be in New York again for another meeting and that he would be there until Monday. I texted him back saying that I was flying in on Monday too and that we should meet up.

I heard my name and looked up and saw everyone looking at me, I blushed, “Uh, sorry, what was that?” I laughed awkwardly.

“It’s all right,” Katy smiled, “I asked what’s it like to be a hockey player? I mean this commercial is about how girls can do pretty awesome things. Playing hockey would definitely be an amazing accomplishment for a woman.”

I smiled and rubbed the back of my neck, “Aww, she’s blushing- So cute!” Ellen said and I laughed a little and shook my head.

“Um, it’s really cool, I play in the NHL,” I said and Katy nodded her head.

“That’s the like- the big leagues? I guess?” Pink asked and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, and I’m the only woman in the league- I mean there’s a women’s league too, but it’s not really as known as the NHL,” I said and they nodded their heads.

“Weren’t you in the Olympics or something?” Katy asked and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, actually my performance in the 2010 Olympics against the Canadian team for gold was what caught the eye of the NHL and I was sign not long after that,” I smiled brightly.

“You have a brother? Yeah, a twin or something that plays with you,” Pink asked and I looked at her and then looked down.

“Uh, yeah, but Mike passed away in April,” I said and then sat back in my seat.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, what happened?!” she asked and then muttered ‘ow’ and I looked to see that Sofia Vergara had shoved her.

“Um, Mike was hit awkwardly during a game and- Yeah,” I said, biting my lip and looking down.

It was awkwardly quiet in the room for a few second and then we all jumped when the door opened and a man and woman walked into the room and smiled brightly towards us, “Hello ladies!”

We all muttered our hellos and the man, known as Mark, went on telling us how he was the director and started to explain how we were going to do this commercial. He explained what the commercial was going to represent and when we were going to be shooting everything. Today we were mostly doing paperwork, signing things left and right. The paperwork alone took almost two hours and by the end I just wanted to rip my hair out because there was so much crap to read and sign.

“All right,” Mark clapped his hands together as he walked back into the room, “So you were all given a script, correct?” we all nodded our heads and pulled out our scripts, “Ok, awesome, so what you’re going to do with those, is basically…” he took his scripted and tore it in half. I just blinked at him, unsure of what he meant by this, “Go on!” he said and I looked around the room and we all tore our scripts in half, “Great! So basically- You all read over the scripts right?” he asked and we nodded our heads, “Ok! So, you saw what we wanted you to say- But I don’t want what we want you to say! I want to hear what you have to say about what girls can do- What they can accomplish! So,” he looked at us all, “What can you do?”

“I rock,” Pink said and I smiled.

“I’m strong,” Katy said.

“I check,” I smiled brightly, proud of my sport.

“I’m funny,” Ellen said and I nodded my head, knowing that it was true.

“I own my own business,” Queen Latifah said.

“Wonderful! Maggie, what about you shows that girls can do the unthinkable?” Mark asked and I smiled, “Not everyone in the room knows who you are.”

“I’m Maggie Marshall, my sport is ice hockey,” I smiled brightly; “Everyone told me that I couldn’t do it.”

“And what made you continue with it after people told you that you couldn’t do it?” Ellen asked.

“You just need to be courageous and do what you want to do, not what others want you to do,” I said and everyone nodded their heads.

“Wonderful! This is great! We’re all on the same page!” Mark said and then grabbed papers off of the table, “So tomorrow morning, we’re going to have makeup and dressing at ten and then hit the stage to start shooting!”

“Are we going to be provided attire or-“

“We will provide you with clothes- Oh, Maggie,” I looked at Mark, “We had to call your assistant; we would like you to be in your gear, so it was over-nighted here and should be here tomorrow.”

“Uh, all right,” I said and nodded my head.

“All right ladies, thank you and I’ll see you all tomorrow!” Mark said and we all stood up and I grabbed my phone and saw that Pat and Sidney had texted me back.

“Maggie,” I looked up, Katy was looking at me, “We’re going to dinner, would you like to come?”

“Uh, sure,” I smiled, “I’m not really familiar with the area, though.”

“Oh, don’t you come to LA though?” she asked and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, for games, but I never really had the chance to experience the LA life,” I laughed nervously and she smiled.

“Awesome, you’re riding with me and I’ll show ya how it’s done!” Katy said and then walked over towards me, “This will be fun!”

“Uh, all right, thanks,” I laughed and then followed Katy out of the studio and towards the parking lot. We walked up to her expensive Bentley convertible and I just nodded my head and then shook it, not believing that this was really happening.

-Kane-
I was bored at Maggie’s house, her brother and I were done in the basement watching TV, well, I was at least watching it, he was doing homework on his laptop. I had another three days until I would meet Maggie in New York, and I had gotten a text from Jon before saying that he would be there as well for another meeting.

“Whoa!” I heard Nick and looked towards him, “Dude, look at this!” he said and I got up from the couch I was on and plopped down next to him and looked at the laptop.

“I thought you were doing homework?!” I asked when I saw he was on Twitter.

“Break,” he said and I rolled my eyes and looked at the screen to see that there was a picture, Maggie was tagged in it. She was sitting at a table, looked to be some kind of restaurant, with Pink, Katy Perry, Ellen Degeneres, Sofia Vergara and Queen Latifah, “Damn Sofia Vergara is so hot!”

“You like older women?” I teased and he rolled his eyes.

“Mags, is fuckin’ lucky!” Nick said and I chuckled.

“She’s there for work, I’m guessing there going to be in the commercial as well,” I said and he nodded his head.

“So who do you think she’s going to meet when she’s in New York?” Nick asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Guess we’ll see!” I said and he nodded his head.

-Maggie-
The girls and I were at some retro restaurant that basically catered to us as soon as we all walked through the door. We ordered and our food and drinks were quickly brought over to us, it seemed as though the waiters and waitresses were all sucking us to us, it was cool and awkward at the same time.

“You all right?” Pink asked and I looked at her.

“They keep calling me ma’am,” I said and let out a laugh, “I’m not that old!” the girls laughed and I shrugged my shoulders.

“You name is pretty big, that’s why they’re acting the way they are,” Pink said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Pretty sure that it’s more for you than me,” I said and they shook their heads, “Really?” I asked and they just looked at me, “Watch,” I said and looked over towards the one waitress and called her over.

“Can I get you anything?” she asked and I shook my head.

“Just have a question,” I said and she nodded her head, “Do you know who Maggie Marshall is?”

“Maggie Marshall?” she asked and I nodded my head and then looked towards the girls as the waitress struggled.

“No, I’m sorry, that name doesn’t sound familiar,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Ok, thanks,” I said and then shooed her away, “See,” I said and shrugged my shoulders, “In the celebrity world, I’m not as high up on the food chain as ya’ll, but in the hockey world, I’m MVP.”

I felt my phone buzz on the table and looked to see that I had a Twitter message. I opened up my phone and saw that it was from Jeff Carter, I smirked, he was one of my summer training buddies. I opened my Twitter feed and saw that he tagged me in a tweet.

Totally see you! 9 o’clock!

I looked at the message confused and then looked up and looked around; I looked to my left again and then scanned the room. I saw a wave and sighed, letting out a laugh and shaking my head, there he was, Jeff Carter sitting at a table with his Captain, Dustin Brown.

“Someone you know, Maggie?” Katy asked and I looked at her and smiled, nodding my head.

“Fellow players,” I laughed and then looked to see the two of them walking over.

“Mags!” Carter said happily and I stood up and he pulled me in for a hug, “I didn’t know you were in LA!”

I hugged Dustin and looked at the two, “Uh yeah, I got here last night, I’m doing a commercial for Covergirl,” I said and then looked towards the table and then towards the boys to see their eyes widened, yeah they recognized who I was sitting with.

“Nice,” Dustin said and I giggled and then introduced everyone to one another, “Well, we’ll let you ladies get back- Oh, Mags, did Crosby tell you about the meeting?”

“Yeah, he’s leaving Friday- I’ll actually be in New York too, I’ve got some more interviews and stuff,” I said and they nodded their heads.

“Well definitely let us know when her highness is free,” Dustin teased and I smirked and nodded my head and watched them leave.

“Her highness?” Queen Latifah asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“What’s the meeting in New York about and who’s Crosby?” Sofia asked.

“Uh, Crosby is Sidney Crosby, he’s my Captain on my team and the meeting that he and Dustin need to be at is about our lockout. We’re current not playing because a lot of people were complaining about their pay and the NHL is basically on strike,” I explained and they nodded their heads, “I just wished that everyone would stop bitching and we could all get back to playing.”