‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Fifty Six

“So did you fuck her?” Pat asked Jon as soon as I walked out of the bathroom only in a towel, just finishing a shower.

“She’s not as uptight as I thought she was,” Jon chuckled; both boys had their backs to me.

“So you fucked her?” Pat laughed and I smirked and rolled my eyes, “You got it on with the librarian!”

“She’s not a librarian!” Jon said and I giggled, this getting both of the guys’ attention, “How long were you there?”

I walked towards my suitcase and pulled out some clothes, I didn’t have anything scheduled today, so Pat and I were going to explore New York, or at least until we get bored and end up coming back to the room and testing Pat’s theory about seeing how sturdy the furniture in the room is, “Just a minute or two,” I giggled, “So I guess it’s safe to say you had fun with Tosha?”

“Uh, yeah, it was ok,” he said and I looked at him.

“Just ok?” I asked and he shrugged his shoulder, “Honey, don’t tell me that’s she’s just gunna be a booty call.”

“Uh,” Jon said and I scoffed, “Hey! Don’t give me that- She’s the one-

“What?!” Pat laughed and shook his head, “She just wants ta fuck ya and that’s it?”

“Pretty much, said she wasn’t interested in a relationship- But she’s pretty crazy in bed,” he chuckled and I frowned, it just didn’t sound like Tosha.

‘…Though, I can’t say anything, I’ve only known the girl for a week…’ I thought and then sighed and walked back towards the bathroom, ‘…So as soon as the work clothes come off, she becomes a totally different person…’

I changed into my jeans and pink V-neck shirt and then walked out of the bathroom and slipped on my black converses. I walked over towards the front door and walked out, being sure to have my card in my pocket. I walked across the hall and knocked on the door, the door opened and I gave Tosha a small smiled, she was still in her pajamas, they were a cute pair of green plaid shorts and then a pink tank top.

“Ms. Marsh- Maggie,” she corrected quickly because I had asked her to stop referring me as if I was my mother, “Is something wrong?”

“Nope, can we talk?” I asked and Tosha nodded her head and then opened the door to let me in, “Did you have fun with Tazer?”

“Uh, yeah, it was fun,” she said and I looked towards her to see a small smile and a blush.

“Do you like him?” I asked and she looked at me.

“What? Like- I’m not looking for a relationship,” she said and I just nodded my head and looked towards the messy bed, “I’m sorry for the mess-“

“Please,” I giggled, “Have you met Pat?” she giggled and nodded her head, “So what are your plans for the day?”

“Uh, I was just going to relax-“

“Well that’s not happening,” I said and she looked at me confused “Get dressed, we’re going shopping.”

“Again? Did you not like the dress-“

“Oh, this isn’t for me,” I said and she looked at me confused, I smiled brightly and winked towards her, “I’m giving you a wardrobe makeover!”

“What? But I’m perfectly fine with my clothes-“

“Do you watch that show ‘What Not to Wear’?” I asked and she just looked at me, “Well?”

“Uh, I’ve seen an episode or two,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Well then, that’s how this is gunna go down- You know, you don’t need to look so serious all the time- Mario chose you to be my assistant for a reason.”

“I’m good at what I do,” she said and I giggled.

“That, and another reason,” I said and she looked at me, “Because he knows that I like to have fun, other than when someone pisses me off, I’m an easy going person who can make friends with anyone- I like to have fun on and off the ice. Mario chose you because not only did he see that you were good at your job, but you could also be like me- You like to have fun!”

“I’m pretty sure a new wardrobe and hair style is gunna help-“

“I saw a whole different Tosha yesterday,” I said and she looked at me, “And I liked it- I like the not so serious, laid back and go with the flow girl. Can I have her more often? Honestly we’ll both have a lot of fun.”

Tosha looked at me and sighed, “When will this shopping trip happen?”

“As soon as you shower and change,” I said and she looked at me wide eyed, “Chop chop! Where are you clothes, I’m going through them! We’re getting you better work clothes- Seems to me that you’re pretty stylish when it comes to non work clothes.”

-Kane-
“So what are you and Maggie doing today?” Jon asked and I looked at my watch.

“Well, when she comes back from where ever she went, we were just going to walk around the city, but I have no idea where she went,” I said and Jon chuckled and nodded his head, “What about you- Thought you had another meeting today?”

“Tomorrow, no one wanted to work on a Sunday,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Hi guys!” I heard and then heard the door open.

“There you are!” I said when Maggie rushed into the room, “Ready to go-“

“Sorry, going shopping with Tosha, I’m gunna help her out- Have fun with Tazer- Make it up to you, babe!” she yelled as she grabbed her purse and jacket and then ran out of the door before I could get a word in.

“Well,” Jon chuckled, “She told you.”

“Fuck off- What am I gunna do now?” I whined because I was already bored.

“Just come out with some of the others and I, pretty sure we’re going for food and then to some bar,” Jon said and I nodded my head.

-Sidney-
I was excited that Kasey had come up to New York to spend three days with me. She had flown up this morning and I picked her up at the airport, today I had a day off and then tomorrow and Tuesday I had meetings all morning, but we were going to do things after the meeting.

We were walking the streets of New York, on the shopping street and I chuckled as Kasey walked to every clothes store window and practically drooled at the products. I knew that she wanted clothes, but she wouldn’t let me buy them for her and she wouldn’t pay the crazy prices here.

“Isn’t that Maggie?” I heard Kasey ask and I looked to where she was looking to see that it was indeed Maggie, she was crossing the street, dragging a girl behind her and looking like she was on a mission, “Maggie!” Kasey yelled and I saw her head look towards us and she smiled and we headed over towards her.

“Hey! Kasey, I didn’t know you were in New York!” Maggie smiled and then hugged her, I was happy that they got along.

“Just got here this morning- What are you up to?” Kasey asked and Maggie giggled.

“This is my assistant, Tosha- And we’re going shopping!” Maggie said and Kasey’s eyes widened with a sparkle.

‘…Oh no, Mags said the magic word…’ I thought and then sighed because she was going to drag me into every single store, knowing that she wanted to go too, ‘…Don’t ask her, don’t ask her, don’t ask her…’

“Do you want to come too?”

‘…Dammit…’ I thought and Kasey looked at me with pleading eyes, ‘…Those fuckin’ puppy dog eyes- Shit…’

“I’ll pass,” I chuckled, “But you can go-“

“NO!” Kasey whined.

“Come on Sid! Don’t be a party pooper! Come on!” Maggie said and I rolled my eyes.

“Honestly, it’s all right, some of the guys are goin’ to the bar, I’ll just meet up with them,” I said and Maggie rolled her eyes, “Kas, just go, it’s all right,” I chuckled and kissed her cheek. I pulled out my wallet and handed her my credit card.

“No! It’s all right,” Kasey shook her head and wouldn’t take my card, “Sid-“

“Come on Kasey, the man is gunna buy you clothes- He’s absolutely perfect!” Maggie said and then snatched up my card and my eyes widened when she stuck my credit card down Kasey’s shirt, “You love each other- Sorry to rush- But clothes are calling our name!”

“You’re a shopaholic, Mags,” I said and she smiled brightly and shrugged her shoulders, “Good to see you having fun.”

“Good to see you happy with a girl,” she said and I blushed and she laughed, “Still too easy, Crosby.”

‘…Fuckin’ girls…’ I thought and then sighed as I watched one of my closest friends drag my girlfriend away to spend money. I sent a text to some of the guys asking what bar they were at and when I got a response, I headed towards the bar, not planning on drinking much, but just wanting something to do.

I got to the bar and spotted Kane and Toews laughing about something in one of the booths with a few other guys. Kane spotted me and waved me over.

“What happened Crosby? Thought you were going to spend the day with your girl?” Eric Staal smirked, “She leave your ass already?”

“No,” I chuckled, “She was kidnapped.”

“Huh?” the guys all looked at me confused.

“By his girl,” I said and nudged me head towards Kane and he let out a laugh.

“Maggie found ya, huh?” Kane asked and I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, she kind of just ran out the door.”

“They’re going shopping.”

“Oooooooh- Fuckin’ girls,” he said and I chuckled and nodded my head.

“Wait, wait, wait! Who the fuck is Maggie?” Henrik Sedin, Captain of the Canucks.

“Marshall?” Dustin Brown asked, Captain of the Kings. Kane nodded his head and Brown let out a laugh, “Shit, I was just guessin’ because I saw her in LA last week and she said she would be here- I was wonderin’ why you were here.”

“Yeah, I came to New York with her and she ditched me to go shopping with her assistant and I guess your girl,” he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I’d ditch you too,” Toews said and the guys laughed.

“Fuck off.”