‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Fifty Nine

“So other than games, have you ever been to Vancouver?” I asked Pat as we both walked off of the plane and headed towards the gate, inside of the airport.

“Nope, not other than games,” he said and I smirked towards him and felt his fingers lace with mine.

We walked through the airport and headed towards security. Dana texted for me saying that she and her father were and ready to pick Pat and I up and take us back to their home. Like last time, Dana saw me before I saw her, and the moment I saw her was when I was on the ground with my crazy cousin hugging me. Pat was standing over us chuckling, and then he helped the two of us up.

When I looked towards my Uncle Jim, it kind of hit me, well, it hit me when he was staring Pat down, ‘…Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to bring Pat. Not sure if he’s ready for the full Marshall interrogation…’

“Pat, you came!” Dana said happily and then hugged Pat while I hugged my Uncle.

I was leaning against Uncle Jim’s side, his arm around my shoulder when I turned to Pat and smiled, “So this is one of my Dad’s older brothers, Jim.”

“One of?” Pat asked and I giggled and nodded my head.

“How are you, son?” Uncle Jim asked as he stepped forward and shook hands with Pat, “Nice firm handshake, good- Very good, your brother teach you that?”

“Uh, no- No brothers, three sisters,” he said and Uncle Jim chuckled.

“Ouch,” he said and Pat smirked and shrugged his shoulders, “So how long have you been with my favorite niece?”

“Uh, a year at the end of January,” he said and I smiled brightly and looked towards Dana to see her smirking.

“Good, good, well, let’s get your things and head back to the house,” Uncle Jim said and I nodded my head and felt Pat’s hand slip into mine as the two of us followed behind Dana and Uncle Jim towards the baggage claim and then towards Uncle Jim’s truck.

The drive to the house was rather quiet, Pat and I were exhausted from our travels and pretty much leaning against each other in the backseat, hoping to get to a bed soon. The half hour drive was finally over and we pulled into the large driveway and I smiled towards the medium size home. We all got out of the truck, Uncle Jim and Pat went to the truck to grab our two bags as I followed Dana to the house and as soon as she opened the front door, I was attacked with arms and smiles.

“It’s so good to see you again, Maggie!” Aunt Lisa yelled as my face was smothered against her chest.

“I’m fine, but I can’t breathe,” I said and Aunt Lisa gasped and then let me go and looked at me.

“You’re just as pretty as I remember you to be,” she smiled and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders, “And who’s this?”

I turned around and saw Pat walking over, I smiled and wrapped my arm around his back and smiled towards my Aunt, “This is my boyfriend, Patrick.”

“Nice to meet you- My Maggie’s, he’s a looker,” she said and I giggled and felt Pat’s arm wrap around me and he kissed my head, “Well, I’m sure you two are tired from your flight- I’ve got your room ready upstairs-“

“Rooms,” Uncle Jim said and I looked at him.

“Room, Jim,” Aunt Lisa said and Uncle Jim didn’t look to happy about her comment, “Honestly Jim, she’s a grown woman!”

“Uh, two-“

“Hush,” Aunt Lisa said, cutting Pat off and I looked towards his surprised face, “Come in and I’ll show you to your room.”

“All right,” I said and then grabbed Pat’s hand and pulled him into the house, he was pulling our suitcase behind him. Because we were only here for three days, we decided just to pack one suitcase. Aunt Lisa walked us towards the guest bedroom, the same one that I usually stayed in. I thanked her and then watched her close the door as she started to leave, telling us to take a nap before dinner because apparently they were having a cookout and a lot of people were coming over, “Uh oh.”

“What?” Pat asked and I looked at him to see him sitting on the bed.

“You’re getting the full blown family attack on the first day,” I said and Pat chuckled, “Don’t take it too lightly and don’t be scared off. You’ll have four of the five Marshall males here and they’ll be on full over protective mode.”

“Yeah, but I’ve met your dad- He likes me,” Pat said and I giggled.

“Yeah, my dad- You’ve never met his older brothers- And worse, you’ve never seen all five brothers together- That’s a full blown nightmare,” I said and Pat chuckled, stood up and then hugged me.

“It’ll be fine,” he said and kissed my head.

“Go in with that confidence and hopefully you’ll be fine,” I said and he just nodded his head and rubbed my arms, “Or stupid, guess we’ll see?” I smirked and Pat rolled his eyes and shook his head.

-Kane-
I cursed in my head, Maggie wasn’t kidding when she said that all the men in her family would be on full blown protective mode. Her Aunt Lisa explained to me that since Mike was no longer with here, the men felt that they needed an extra umph when it came to protecting Maggie.

“Maggie!” I heard and turned my head, standing next to Maggie to see a familiar brunette.

“Amber! Hi!” Maggie smiled and the two hugged, “Pat, do you remember my cousin, Amber? The one from Toronto-“

“All Star game?” I asked and Maggie smiled and nodded her head, “Right, you and your twin were dancing on the bar with this one,” I chuckled and wrapped my arm around Maggie’s waist, hearing the two girls giggle.

“Yeah, that was me- I had so much fun that night!” she said and I smirked.

“Maggie!”

It seemed like every five minutes, someone was calling out her name, I watched as four big boys ran over towards us and practically plowed Maggie to the ground, she was under them laughing.

“Every damn time, guys!” Maggie laughed as the four guys stood up and the one helped her up and all took turns hugging her, “How are you- You’ve gotten bigger!”

“Soak it in,” the one said and started to flex for her and I rolled my eyes, “Coach says I’ll be the best linebacker out there.”

“Fuck that shit- I will.”

“Don’t worry Kane, they’re just more cousins,” Amber muttered to me and I looked at him, “Though the sad part is, they’re only like eighteen.”

“What the fuck do you Marshall’s eat?!” I muttered, these four were big, like muscle big.

“Food,” she giggled.

“Pat,” I looked towards Maggie, she hopped over towards me and wrapped her arms around mine, “Guys, this is Pat, Pat, meet four of my little cousins, Jake, Aaron, Justin and Greg.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said and Jake, took my hand and we went to shake hands, but he started to squeeze my hand, giving me a hard look and I tried not to flinch at how hard the pressure was.

“All right, all right, he’s going to need that hand, Jake!” Maggie growled and my hand was let go of.

“Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie!” we all turned our head to see a rushing Dana, “Trouble!”

“What?” Maggie asked confused, “What trouble? What are you talking about, D?”

“What’d you do now, squirt?” Jake asked with a chuckle.

“Who do we have to beat up now?” Aaron asked.

“Anna’s back in town!” Dana said quickly and I looked at each and every Marshall in front of me.

They seemed to freeze, all seven of them, Amber, Dana, Jake, Aaron, Justin, Greg and Maggie, “Did I miss something?”

“Yup, have fun catchin’ him up, Mags!” Greg said quickly and then turned and ran away, the other boys following him.

“Cowards,” Amber muttered and I looked at her, “Have you ever met our cousin, Anna?”

“No?” I said and looked towards Maggie to confirm it.

“Trust me, you’d remember her,” Dana said and then leaned over, stealing a look, “And Mags, since I love you so much, I’m going to steal your boyfriend and hide him.”

“Hide him? Why do I need to hide?” I asked and Dana grabbed a handful of my shirt and I just looked at Maggie confused.

“I’ll explain later,” she said and I just looked at her.

“Don’t beat her up again, Mags!” Dana yelled as she started to pull me with her.

“What? Again? What’s going on?” I asked as I just followed Dana, not on my own free will.