‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Sixty One

“But Maggie, it’s cold out there-“

“Quit your whining!” I bit back a laugh as I looked at some of my teammates and watched as they helped me hang some Christmas lights up.

“Did you know that every Christmas ornament you hang before Thanksgiving, a baby reindeer is dying somewhere,” James said and I gasped and slapped his chest.

“Don’t you say that!” I said and James smirked, “And which Thanksgiving? Canadian or American?” I asked and smirked, where he just rolled his eyes because the Canadian Thanksgiving was a little over a month ago and American was tomorrow.

“Where’s loverboy?” James asked as he looked around.

“He went back to Buffalo, his parents were pouting because I had him for his birthday and they wanted to do something with him. And I think that he’s staying there until Saturday.”

“So he’ll miss Thanksgiving?” James asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I’ve had a few months with him, I’m sure I can do four days without him,” I giggled and James rolled his eyes, “He just left this morning!”

“When was his birthday?” he asked and we looked towards the porch where Sidney and Geno were stringing the lights.

“Monday- And before you asked what I got him,” I looked towards him; there was a smirk on his face, “None of your business.”

“So a blow job and what else?” he asked and I groaned and shook my head, holding my face to hide my blush, just listening to him laugh.

“Not telling,” I smirked and James rolled his eyes.

“I’ll get you to talk-“

“I’d like to see you try,” I giggled and James smiled brightly and turned his body towards me.

“A challenge- Totally accepted!” he yelled and I squealed and ran for the house.

“Why are G and I doing all the work?!” Sidney yelled from the ladder, glaring down at James and I.

“Sid help, he’s gunna eat me!”

“I no want to know,” Geno chuckled, shaking his head.

“Hey guys,” I heard and turned my head to see Emma wobbling over.

“Emma! You shouldn’t be out of bed!” I rushed over towards her and helped her up the driveway.

“I’m fine Maggie.”

“I don’t want you to fall, with the snow and the ice- With you almost ready to pop,” I said and she sighed and just gave me a look. An SUV pulled up and I looked towards it and smiled, recognizing the vehicle right away.

“When’d he get in town?” James chuckled.

“Today,” Emma said and I looked at her, “That’s why I came over, none of you were answering your phones.”

I checked all my pockets and realized that I didn’t even have my phone with me, it must have been inside. I looked up and smiled brightly when the familiar brunette stepped out of the car fashioning off her new wedding ring, “V!!!” I squealed and ran over towards her and pulled her into a hug, happy to see one of my closest WAGs.

“No love for me?” I heard and giggled when I saw Marc walking around the vehicle and I jumped him, I hadn’t seen either of them since their wedding. He must have been able to tell that I missed him when the two of us fell into the snow laughing, “Wow Mags, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say that you missed me.”

I giggled and then pulled myself off of the Frenchman and helped him up; we brushed the snow off of each other and then smiled towards the other. Marc ended up joining the guys, keeping Sidney and Geno company, watching with James as the two did all of the work. Emma, Vero and I walked into the house and into the kitchen, I made some coffee for Vero and I and tea for Emma.

“So where’s the Hawk?” Vero asked as she looked around.

“He needed to go back to Buffalo, he left this morning and will be back on Saturday,” I said and she nodded her head.

“How have things been? Between the two of you I mean?” she asked and I smiled brightly.

“Things have been really good,” I said and she giggled and nodded her head.

“Good, I’m so happy for you, Maggie,” she said and then placed her bag on the counter, “And now I have a favor,” she said and I looked at her, Vero was digging through her back, “Can I be the first to ask,” she kept on digging, until she smiled, “Be the first to ask for your autograph?” I giggled and looked at her confused, until she pulled out three magazines, “I found them at the airport!”

I grabbed the three magazines and looked at the cover, I was on all three. I sighed; People had three pictures of me on the cover, one with all my gear, one with only my workout clothes, and one just in regular clothes. We were stance as if it were three people standing next to each other. I smiled and nodded my head, opening up the page to where the interview was and rolled my eyes when they had me in a picture with Patrick, we were backstage and laughing about something.

“Hot damn girl! Did you eat your sexy wheaties that morning?” I heard and looked up to see the boys huddling around a magazine.

“What?” I asked and James turned the cover around and my eyes widened.

“They said that wasn’t going to be the cover!” I groaned, Sports Illustrated as used the picture where I was only in my jersey and skates, my stick was behind my neck and my hands were lazily hanging off of it, my hair was curled and all done up.

“Look at dis,” Geno said and held up Women’s Health, it was me with a sports bra and shorts, my hair in a high pony tail.

“If you’re on the cover Mags, I might just read more often,” James said and I smirked and shook my head.

“Oooo! I have news!” Vero said excitedly and we looked at her, she smiled towards Marc, “Marc and I have news,” she said and I nodded my head, “I’m pregnant.”

“No way!” I smiled brightly, “Congratulations!”

Everyone congratulated Marc and Vero, we were talking about her pregnancy among other things when we were all hungry and decided to order some pizza and wings. As we waited for the food to arrive, I was on the counter looking at my company, they all seemed to be in their own conversation with each other and I was texting Pat, he was wishing he was still with me, I smiled at that.

“Oh, Maggie,” I looked up and saw Vero looking at me, “Do you want to go Black Friday shopping with me?”

I giggled, “It’s been a long time since I’ve Black Friday shopped,” I smirked and nodded my head, “But I’d love to go.”

“Emma?” Vero asked and Emma smiled and shook her head, holding her plump stomach.

“Thanks, but with me ready to pop any day now, I’ll pass, I get too tired easily,” she said and Vero nodded her head.

“What time do you want to leave?” I asked and she smiled.

“Well some places open at four, so do you want to go around-“

“One?” I asked and she looked at me and smiled, “We can grab something to eat-“

“What place would be opened at one in the morning?” Marc asked and I giggled and looked at Emma, who was smiling brightly.

“Denny’s,” we said at the same time, bringing back some fond memories of the past.

“All right, I’m in,” Vero smiled and I nodded my head, “You want me to get you, you to get me?”

“I’ll come and get you,” I said and she nodded her head.

“What about us?” James said and I looked at him confused.

“You want to go Black Friday shopping with us?” I asked and Vero giggled.

“Say no,” Marc said.

“Trust me, say no,” Sidney said and I smiled brightly.

“I’ve never been, so why not,” he said and the two sighed, “Geno?”

“Sure, sure, I no know what it is?” he said and I smiled, hopped off the counter and walked over towards him.

“Geno, you’re like a blank canvas right now,” I smiled, “I’m going to paint into a beautiful shopaholic by Friday night.”

“I told you to say no,” Marc muttered.

“How long are we going to be shopping?” James asked and Vero and I smiled.

“No long,” we both lied, knowing that the other could go hours because we both loved to shop.

‘…This is gunna be fun…’