‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Sixty Six

“Maggie!” I heard and turned my head and laughed a little, seeing the blonde mop jogging down the hallway smiling brightly towards me, “How’s my girl?!”

“Jordan!” I giggled, and felt him pull me into a big hug. I laughed when I felt him pull me off of the ground and spin me a little; I did miss him as a Penguin, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” he smiled and then set me down and looked down at me, “Glasses?” he chuckled and flicked my nose.

“Shut it,” I said and he chuckled and wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me in for a headlock.

“Pickin’ on the little ones again, Jordy?” I heard and looked up and smiled, seeing the Captain of the Hurricanes.

“Eric!” I giggled and poked Jordan’s side for him to let me go and then ran to the oldest Staal and hugged him.

“How are you, Maggie?” he laughed and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I’m fine, how are you?”

“Ready to kick some Penguin ass,” he said and I scoffed.

“Sorry to disappoint,” I said and he smirked and rolled his eyes.

“Mags?” I heard and then saw Sidney’s head pop around the corner, “There you are, lost you,” he said and then chuckled when he saw Jordan and Eric, “Figures, you tryin’ to kidnap her?”

“Maybe,” Jordan chuckled and wrapped his arm around my neck and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Sidney, can we keep ‘em?” I asked and the three laughed.

“Sorry, I’m not an Indian giver,” he said and I scoffed.

“I’m nonreturnable, Mags,” Jordan said and I whined and he chuckled.

“Come on, Mags, Coach wants to go over the new lines,” Sidney said and I sighed and looked up towards Jordan, my chin on his arm.

“Promise to stop by after the game, I wanna see you again,” Jordan said and I nodded my head, “Good, missed ya, Mags.”

“Miss you too,” I said and Jordan smiled, hugged me again and kissed my head. I said goodbye to Eric and followed Sidney towards our visiting locker room.

Two weeks had passed since Valentine’s Day and Pat and I had a fun time that night, though, Sidney almost killed me when he saw my tired self the next day. However, cooled down when I scored two of the goals that night and helped win the game the three to one game. We also won our game against the Sabres two days later and then flew back to Pittsburgh to lose our game against the Flyers, but wining our games against the Panthers and Lightning. Everyone was confused two days later though, when we played the Panthers in Florida and lost by two points. We didn’t know if we were all off our game or they were just on, because no one saw their win coming.

We were playing the Hurricanes tonight and then heading for Montreal the next day for our game the day after. Sidney and I walked into the locker room to see the guys looking at me.

“You found her!” Pascal laughed.

“She was kidnapped by the Staals,” Sidney said and the guys laughed.

“Maggie!” I heard and then was practically tackled to the ground, “I was so scared, I missed you so much! You just disappeared and I didn’t know what to do!”

“Beau,” I breathed out, “You’re heavy,” I said because I was basically carrying him, “I’m goin’ down,” the guys laughed as I collapsed to the ground and Beau was hugging me like he hadn’t seen me in years, “I just saw you, you idiot! Remember, you were sitting next to me on the bus, the plane- Fuckin’ nut!”

I was pretty sure that out of all the rookies that I ever met, ever had on the team, I think that Beau was my favorite. After he went out of his way to tape Mike’s name plate onto the stall, which it was still there, he and I clicked instantly and I was happy to have him on the team, we were even in a line together. He and I were on a line with Brandon Sutter. I was on James and Geno’s line still and Beau sometimes played on Sidney and Kunitz’s line, but Coach had thrown all different lines together.

Beau and I seemed to click on and off the ice; he seemed to always make me laugh and basically was one of the biggest goofs on the team. The day that he was told that he was going back to Wilkes-Barre, I hugged him and basically asked Coach if we could keep him as if I was asking my father if we could keep the puppy. Of course I was happy to hear that less than a week later, he was brought up again. Beau was my bunk buddy when we were at the hotels; I think Sidney was happy to go back to Pascal because he found out that I didn’t normally go to bed right away. Beau and I stuck together on the planes, buses and hotels and I think the guys were happy to see that this kid constantly had a smile on my face.

We had our game against the Hurricanes and I sighed sadly at the fact that we had lost to Carolina with the final score of four to one. Kuntiz, Sidney and Niskanen were able to get the only goal for us and I shook my head, knowing that when I saw Jordan, he was not going to stop bragging about this.

I headed for the locker room, showered, changed and then headed towards the Hurricanes’ locker room, waiting outside for the first person to walk out, so that I could see if it was safe to go inside. I heard my name and looked towards the door to see Jeff Skinner there, he’s been friends with Jordan for a while and knew that he was even friends with Neal, I’ve seen him in the summer while I was at Jordan’s house party.

“Hey Skinner,” I said and he smiled towards me.

“Good game,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Staal?”

“Yup,” I said and he chuckled, not bothering to ask which one.

“Hold on,” he said and I nodded my head and watched as he peaked into the locker room, “Ya clothed? Marshall’s out here.”

“MAGGIE!!!” I heard and giggled at the sound of Jordan’s voice.

“I hear you Jordy, I just wanna know if it’s safe!” I yelled and heard the guys laugh.

“Oh come on, it’s not like you’ve never seen!” he said, his head appearing in the doorway and I scoffed and walked over towards him.

“Not on fuckin’ purpose you ass,” I growled and he chuckled, “You flashed me my first day on the team- You AND Talbot!”

Jordan laughed and leaned against the door, he was clothes, “Ahhh, I’ll never forgot your face that day.”

“Fuck off,” I said and he chuckled.

“Let the poor girl in, Jordan!” I heard Eric yell from in the locker room and Jordan smiled and pulled me into the locker room.

“I can’t be long, don’t want the bus to leave without me-“

“You stayin’ at the hotel?” Jordan asked and I nodded my head, “I’ll just give you a ride if you miss it.”

“Whatever,” I said and then sat on the bench in front of Jordan’s stall and saw some of the guys putting their shirts on.

“How’s your season been?” I said and Jordan looked at me, “What?”

“Really? You’ve got nothing else to talk about?” he asked and I snorted.

“Like what?”

“Kane,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes, “Emma, the baby- Oh! And this!” Jordan jumped over the bench and started to dig through his stall, “Hold on!”

“Idiot,” I muttered and Eric chuckled from next to me.

“He’s always been like that,” Eric said and I smirked.

“I believe it,” I said.

“HERE!!!” Jordan yelled and I jumped because he scared me, “What is this?!” he laughed and I looked at him and groaned, seeing him holding three of the magazines that I was on the cover on back in November.

“Put those away, that’s a onetime thing- I’m never doing that again!” I said and Jordan chuckled and looked at the covers.

“You look fuckin’ hot, Mags,” he said and I rolled my eyes and saw Jiri Tlusty, Jeff Skinner and Riley Nash appeared behind Jordan to look at the covers.

“Holy shit, Maggie!” Skinner smiled brightly and snatched one of the magazines, “How come I never saw any of these?!”

I held my head and shook it, “I’m never being on the cover again,” I said and heard Eric chuckle.

“You look bangin’, Maggie!” Ryan Murphy, the nineteen year old rookie said as he popped out of nowhere.

“Shut up,” Jordan growled, “She’s too old for you!”

“Fuck off! Why is everyone saying that I’m getting old?! I’m only twenty four!” I whined and Jordan chuckled.

“Girls always bitch about their age when they know they’re getting old,” Skinner said and I glared at him.

“Come ‘ere,” I growled and he looked at me.

“Naw, I’m good,” he said and Jordan chuckled.

“Come ‘ere-“

“No.”

“Why?” I asked and he took a step back.

“Because you’re gunna hit me or something!”

“I’m not going to hit you, I’m going to let you in on a little secret,” I said and Skinner sighed and walked over towards me and sat down next to me. I looked at him and he just looked at me. I glared at him and smacked him upside the head and the guys laughed.

“I thought you said you were only going to tell me a secret,” he whined and rubbed his head.

“The secret is to never call a girl old, no matter what age they are, dumbass!”

"So how old did you say you were, Mags? Forty? Forty one? I hear once you get glasses- OW!" I punched Jordan in the stomach and heard the guys.

"You gunna shut up now?" I asked and Jordan nodded his head, holding his stomach, "Good boy."

"She's a feisty one," Jussi Jokinen said and I smirked towards him and gave him a thumbs up.

"I gotta head out, good see you guys," I said and the guys nodded their heads and waved towards me as I headed for the door and Eric gave me a high five for punching his younger brother, '...I love all of these guys...'