‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Sixty Nine

“Maggie?” I heard but didn’t move from where I was. I was leaning against my car, I had left it for five minutes, I was at the Consol, it was Tuesday and the game against the Bruins was tonight, Pat was going to come with Nick later on and they were going to stay in the WAG suite. I walked into the Consol for five minutes and realized that I left my phone in my car, I walked out and there was another yellow envelope on my car. I looked around; no one was around, “Maggie?”

I stared down at the envelope, I didn’t open it yet, I didn’t have the heart to, I didn’t want to know what this one was, this was the seventh one in three days, I was definitely scared. I heard my name against and turned to see Brandon Sutter looking at me.

“You all right? You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” he said and I looked at the envelope.

“You see anyone weird walking around here?” I asked him and he shook his head.

“No, I just got here,” he said and I gulped and nodded my head, “You all right?”

“I’m not sure,” I said and gripped the envelope and then opened my back door and pulled out the six other envelopes that were sitting on the seat.

“What are those?” he asked and I just wanted to cry because this was seriously freaking me out, “Maggie?”

“Coach here yet?”

“Uh, I think I saw his car- Maggie! What’s going on?”

“I don’t know,” I said and practically ran to the Consol and headed into the building. I burst through the doors of the locker room and looked around; some of the guys were already there.

“Maggie?” Sidney called, looking at me, “You all ri-“

“Where’s Coach?” I asked quickly, “Mario- I don’t care!”

“Whoa, calm down- What’s wrong?” Sidney asked and then saw all the envelopes in my hands, “What are those?”

“Where are they?”

“Uh, Coach is probably with Mario, in Mario’s office,” Sidney said and I snapped around and headed down the hallway, ignoring the yells from my teammates.

I got to the elevator and stepped inside, the door was closing and just as it was about to, I saw a hand appear and saw Sidney and Kris’ face. I nearly jumped and then caught my breath and threw back my head, seeing it to only be them.

“What’s going on, Maggie?” Sidney asked and I just looked down and shook my head.

“I don’t know yet,” I said and Sidney looked at me and they stepped into the elevator, “What are you doing?”

“I’m going with you-“

“Sidney, this is my business!” I barked and looked at him and Kris, “Go back to the locker room, this is my problem-“

“We’re teammates, Maggie!” Kris said and I looked at him surprised, “What’s going on? Your problem is our problem!”

I looked at him and then at Sidney, I sighed and opened the elevator doors, “Go back to the locker room-“

“Maggie-“

“When I finish with Mario,” I sighed and looked at the two, “I’ll tell you all together. Deal?”

“Fine,” Sidney said and he pushed Kris out of the elevator, “You better not go back on your word.”

“When have I ever lied to you?” I asked and Sidney nodded his head and the doors closed and I headed up.

-Sidney-
“What do you think it is?” Kris asked and I shook my head not knowing, “She had a lot of those envelopes, what do you think were in them?”

“I don’t know,” I muttered and then sighed.

“You talkin’ about Maggie?” Sutter asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, “When I got here she was leaning against her car looking like she was going to be sick, just had a death grip on some envelope.”

“Whatever it is, it’s got her really freaked out,” I said and Kris nodded his head.

The locker room door opened and Maggie walked into the room, she didn’t have the envelopes, but she looked like she was shaking, “Ma-“ the door opened and Coach walked in, Mario was behind him. Maggie quickly walked to her stall and I saw that Mario had all of the envelopes. The team was hear and we were all wondering what was going on.

“So it would appear that we have a little situation,” Coach said and I looked towards Maggie, she was on the bench, her back against the stall and her knees brought up to her chest, “Mario, Maggie and I don’t believe it to be true, but if someone is playing a prank on Maggie, I won’t tolerate it- You’re going too far.”

“What’s going on?” I asked and Coach looked at me and then looked around the room.

“Are any of you behind this?” Mario asked, “Speak up now,” all of us shook our heads, we didn’t know what he was talking about.

“That’s what I was afraid of,” Maggie breathed and Coach and Mario sighed.

“What’s going on, Mags?” James asked.

“Yeah, what’s in the envelopes?” Beau asked.

“Someone’s been following me and taking pictures of me,” she said and my eyes widened. Maggie stood up and walked over towards Mario, took the envelopes and took pictures out of them and threw them on the table in the middle of the room, “I’ve gotten seven in the last three days, they’re all perverted pictures and on the back is an ace of hearts,” she said and I stood up and walked over towards them and looked at the pictures.

They were pictures from all over, hotel rooms, the arena in Carolina, two from her home, here, hell there was one of her and Kane dated back in February, ‘…There’s only six here…’ I thought looking at Maggie, “Where’s the last one?”

“I’m not showing any of you the last one,” she growled and I looked at her confused, more of the guys walked up and looked at the pictures.

“What was it?” Pascal asked.

“The worst one yet?” she said and then gripped the picture, it was rolled in her hand and she held it close to her, “This is the one that I got today, I had left my car for five minutes- Five minutes! I realized I forgot my phone and headed back towards my car and it was there.”

“That’s when I saw you?” Sutter asked and Maggie nodded her head.

“What’s it of, Mags?” I asked.

“He was in here, Sid,” she breathed and I looked at her confused, “He snuck in; he was in the Consol, in this locker room.”

“What’s the picture, Maggie?” Kris asked.

“They took a picture of me taking a shower,” she said and I gulped and gripped the table.

“What are we doing about this?” I asked snapping my head towards Mario.

“The police were called, they’ll be here and will talked to Maggie, to all of you-“

“We don’t know anything-“

“Doesn’t matter, they might ask questions that might make something click- I don’t know, it’s a shot to get some answers,” Mario said and I nodded my head.

“What about security? Camera’s catch anything?” Cooke asked.

“This person is clever, he managed to out of the sight, we only caught him twice and we never saw the face,” Coach said and I looked towards Maggie to see that Geno had his arm around her and looked down at her.

“The cops better hope that they catch this sick freak before us,” James growled and I nodded my head, probably for the first time willing to break the law, Maggie’s practically family, I would do anything to protect her, on and off the ice, and I was pretty sure that everyone in here would do the same.

“Don’t get yourself in trouble because of me, guys,” Maggie said and I just looked at her.

“Stop talking nonsense,” Kunitz said and I smirked, “We got this, Mags, you’re going to be all right- We’ll find this fucker.”

“Are you going to be able to play tonight?” I asked and she looked at me and took a deep breath, nodding her head.

“I’ll be fine,” she said, but the sound in her voice didn’t give me much confidence.

“So does this mean that we’re going to have a sleepover at your house tonight?” Beau asked and he managed to get Maggie to giggle, we definitely owe this rookie for making her always manage to smile at the littlest thing.

“Pat’s actually in town until Thursday, I should be fine,” Maggie said and I looked at her.

“How’s he taking this?”

“He doesn’t know about this last one- But he’s not taking it well and would like to join you on your pitch fork and torch hunt,” she said and I smirked and nodded my head, “But we’ll postpone the pillow fights and nail painting for another time, Sunshine.”