‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Seventy

-Maggie-
“Mags!” I heard and turned my head to see Tyler Seguin running towards me.

The game against the Bruins was over, we beat them with the final score of three to two. My game was unbelievably off, I knew it, my team knew it, the Bruins knew it, hell, all of NHL knew it. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn’t get my head off of this freak, and I just couldn’t shake the feeling that he could be watching me right now.

I took a deep breath, seeing Marshand, Lucic and Horton coming up behind him, “Hey guys.”

“Are you all right?” Horton asked and I looked at them and then heard talking snapped my head
towards the side to see some of my teammates.

“Not here,” I said and then looked around.

“Mags!” I heard, jumping a little but relaxing when I saw Pat smiling towards me, “Segs! How the hell are ya?!”

“Nothing much, what’s up, Kane?!” Tyler smiled and they did their bro hug, “What are you doing here?”

“Had a little break so came down to visit Mags,” he said and I felt his arm around my waist.

“Stop by later,” I said and looked at the guys, “I’ll text you the address.”

“All right,” Lucic said and I turned towards Pat.

“Ready?” I asked and he nodded his head, “See you guys later.”

Pat and I walked away from them and headed into the garage and tensed. Pat wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards me Escalade. I made sure to look for envelopes before I got into the car, I was happy that I didn’t find anything.

I drove home and Pat and I walked into the house, “You all right?” Pat asked and I looked at him, “Hey,” he said, seeing my scared teary eyes, “Hey, it’s going to be all right, they’re going to find this fuck.”

“I’m scared,” I said and sighed, “He’s in my head- I don’t even know who he is, but he’s screwing me and I- I played like shit today because of it.”

“Mags, you can’t let this asshole get into your head,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “So some Bruins are coming over?”

“Yeah,” I said and Pat nodded his head and kissed his head.

Pat and I sat in the living room with my dogs and were watching the Comedy channel, laughing at the Jeff Dunham movie that was playing. I heard a car door close and turned around to look outside to see some Bruins walking out of a long SUV.

“They here?” Pat asked and I nodded my head.

I stood up and walked over towards the door, opening it and seeing, Seguin, Lucic, Horton, Rask and Marshand, “Hey guys,” I said and then moved out of the way for them to come in.

“Nice place,” Marshand said and I nodded my head and watched as all three of my dogs came to the boys and wanted to greet them.

“So what’s been goin’ on, Mags?” Lucic asked as he and the others took a seat on my couches and chair.

“To be honest, I’m not really a hundred percent sure what’s going on,” I said and sighed, “It started the other day,” I said and pushed my glasses up my face more, “I came out to my car and saw an envelope on my car and there was a picture of me in the middle of getting change, on the back of the picture was an ace of hearts. The next day I got three more pictures, and then I got two more yesterday and then today I got one- They’re all pictures of me from all different times- This person has been following me for a while.”

“You’ve got someone following you?” Seguin asked and I nodded my head.

“He took a picture of me taking a shower after practice- He was in the locker room-“

“Whoa! I didn’t hear about that!” Pat growled and I just looked down.

“That’s the one that I got today- I just- It’s scaring me and I don’t know how to react to this,” I said and looked at the guys.

“You don’t have an idea on who it could be?” Tuukka asked and I shook my head.

“I even asked my teammates, thinking maybe one of them was just playing a sick joke,” I said and sighed, “I didn’t know whether to be happy or even more scared that it’s not one of them.”

“What are your teammates going to do?” Lucic asked.

“Well, Pat’s here until tomorrow, after he leaves, some of the guys are going to stay with me- Probably just going to have Bennett with me, he lives at the hotel anyways,” I said and the guys nodded their heads, “This scares me because if he’s following me, he knows where I live- He probably knows where Emma lives and with her just having the baby- I don’t know what I’m going to do.”

-Sidney-
“It’ll be all right, Mags, we’re in Toronto, it’s going to be all right,” I said and Maggie sighed and nodded her head, “Just take a deep breath, you’re safe.”

We had gotten into Toronto yesterday; we had a game against them tonight. It was around noon, we had just gotten back to the hotel after morning practice and we were about to take our routine pregame nap. Maggie knew that she was still off a practice; I was hoping that she would have her head in the game against the Leafs tonight.

Beau walked down the hallway and wrapped his arm around Maggie’s shoulders, “Come on roomie, let’s go to bed.”

“I hope you mean separate beds,” Maggie said and I snickered and looked at the bright smile on Beau’s face.

“Maybe,” he said and Maggie rolled his eyes.

“Go on, you need some sleep, Maggie,” I said and she nodded her head and started to walk with Beau towards their bedroom.

I walked into my room and already saw Pascal lying on his bed and getting ready to take his nap, “She all right?”

“I hope so, she’s still pretty shaken up,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head.

“Can you blame her though?” he asked and I shook my head and crawled into bed.

“I hope they catch this freak soon though, I wanna beat the shit out of him for doing this to her- She’s been through so much.”

“Guess there’s going to be a line to kick the shit out of this guy,” Pascal said and I nodded my head.

-Maggie-
Beau and I were in the middle of our pregame nap, I couldn’t tell you how long we were asleep, but we both woke up in our beds to someone pounding on the door like a mad person, “What the fuck?” I growled and crawled out of the bed, Beau sat up in his bed and I stretched, looking down at black Penguins’ hoodie and a pair of my pink plaid shorts. I opened the door and glared at Marc, he was the one pounding on the door, “What do you-“ my eyes widened when I looked passed him and saw a yellow envelope taped to the door across the hall, I looked at my door and saw a yellow envelope on my door as well. I pushed Marc back and walked in the hallway to see that every single person had an envelope on their doors, “Oh my god.”

“Breathe Maggie, just breathe,” Marc said and I just shook my head, my eyes wide and my hands over my gaped mouth.

“Maggie?” I heard Beau asked from behind me. I heard him and Marc both call my name, I leaned against the wall because my legs were shaking. I felt Beau wrap his arms around my waist as my legs gave out from under me. I leaned against his chest and felt my eyes water.

‘…He’s here…’ I thought and then felt Beau’s arms around me.

Marc disappeared and I heard him start to pound on everyone’s doors, I knew a lot of people were going to be angry, but I’m sure that they’ll understand. James appeared in front of me and bent down, wrapping his arms around me. He was sitting on the ground, his back against the wall, I was pulling onto his lap and he wrapped his arms around me and I leaned against him, my head on his shoulder, just staring at nothing.

‘…He’s here…’

-Sidney-
Pascal and I were both pretty annoyed when we kept on hearing pounding on not only our door, but the doors around our room. I growled and pushed myself out of the bed, ready to bitch at whoever was responsible for this annoyance. I threw the door open and saw Marc looking at me and his facial expression just said one word, ‘trouble’. Something caught my interest in the corner of my eye and my eyes widened when I turned my head and saw a yellow envelope taped to my door.

“Everyone’s got one on their door,” Marc said and I walked out of the room and looked up and down the hallway and saw some of the guys standing in the hallway looking around.

I felt Pascal come up behind me, “He’s here?”

“Where’s Maggie?” I asked and Marc pointed down the hall, I looked and saw that James had her; he was sitting on the ground holding Maggie who looked like she was just zoned out, Beau was standing in front of her waving his hand in front of her face, “Fuck.”

“What are we going to do, Sid?” Pascal asked and I looked at the envelope, took it and opened it to see that once again, it was a picture of Maggie, it was dated from last week when we were at the Consol playing against the Lightning. Maggie was hugging Steven Stamkos and James was standing off to the side, I flipped the picture over and saw the ace of hearts.

“Get all of the envelopes,” I said and Marc nodded his head and he and Pascal started to collect all of the pictures just as Coach started to walk over towards me, on the phone with most likely Mario. I took a deep breath and looked at Coach, “What are we going to do about this?”

“You’re going to keep her calm and I’ll handle this,” Coach said and I looked down the hall towards Maggie.

“Yeah, that’s going to be easier said than done.”