‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Seventy Two

-Maggie-
The guys had been gone for about ten minutes; I had tried to call Pat but left a message because it had gone to voicemail. Amber texted me asking what room I was in and told me that she had to stop at the gas station and would be here soon.

I was lying on my bed when there was a knock at my door, ‘…She’s here already?...’ I thought and climbed out of the bed, “Hello?”

“Housekeeping!” she yelled and I heard the door open, but stopped because I had the door chained.

“Oh, uh, hold on; hold on,” I said and then closed the door and unchained it, opening it again and seeing a girl standing next to the cart, “Hi, uh, I think we’re good.”

“I’ll check anyways,” she said and I noticed the hint of a British accent. I just blinked my eyes and watched as she walked into the room and into the bathroom.

‘…Um, ok…’ I thought and then sighed and leaned against the wall, wanting to get out of this girls way, “I’m actually heading out soon-“

“Oh, I’ll be quick!” she said and I nodded my head, she walked back to her cart, grabbed some towels and walked back into the bathroom.

“So, you good?” I asked when she threw the dirty towels in the cart.

“No, need to get the sheets,” she said and headed for the beds.

“Oh no, it’s all right, we’re here for another night- We’re fine with those sheets,” I said and held out my hands and watched as she started to strip the bed, “Ma’am- Really- It’s all right-“

“It’s ok,” she said and continued to pull the bed apart.

“Uh, ma’am really,” I said and placed my hand on her shoulder, this girl freaked, she spun around and I felt a prick in my neck. Reflexes took over and I shoved her arm away and punched her in the face, pulled whatever was in my neck and saw that it was a needle, mentally thanking that she didn’t have time to put whatever was in the needle in me, “Who the fuck are you?!” I growled as she recovered from my punch and she glared at me, pulling up her sleeve and my eyes widened when I saw a tattoo of an ace of hearts, “That’s-“

I didn’t have time to finish what I was thinking, she came at me so fast and I cursed and backed against the wall and grabbed her arm. I kicked her in the stomach and watched as she stumbled back, she pulled gravel knuckles out of her pocket and my eyes widened as she slipped her fingers into them and got into a fighting stance.

‘…Shit!...’ I thought when she came at me and I punched her and she fell back onto the bed, she got up and I pushed her into the nightstand, the lamp crashed to the ground and shattered. We threw punches, kicks and even head-butts all over the room, braking every a few things and making it look like there was a rock star party in there, but there was no party, “Who the fuck are you?!” I growled and wiped the blood from my lip.

“Your worst nightmare.”

“Save the fuckin’ dramatics,” I hissed and my eyes widened, ‘…Oh fuck…’ I thought as she came at me and I blocked her fists and went to punch her, but she grabbed my arm, spun around, picked me up and threw me over her shoulder and punched me in the face.

I growled at the pain and the room started to spin. I brought my leg up and kicked her in the head, pushed myself up and headed for the door, just as I was about to run through the already opened door, my body collided with a wall of muscle. A hand clamped around my throat and I gasped and was slammed against the wall, my hands gripped the large hand against me and my feet weren’t touching the ground.

‘…There’s fuckin’ two of them?!...’ I thought and saw the girl coming, she had her fist clenched and I knew I was going to get punched again, ‘…Fuck no! That hurt!...’ I brought my knee up and kneed the man in the groin and then kneed him in the head when he bent over, feeling confident when I pushed him back into the girl and ran out the door. I ran towards the elevator, seeing the door open and Amber walking out, “Run!” I yelled and Amber looked at me confused.

“Maggie?” she asked confused.

“Amber! Ru-“ another man appeared from behind the corner and grabbed Amber, I came to a stop and watched his arm clamp around her neck, “Let her go!”

“No, no, that’s not part of the plan,” he said and I noticed the hint of British accent.

“Who are you people?!” I growled and turned to see the guy and girl coming out of the room, ‘…Three of them?...’

Amber elbowed the man in the gut and turned around and punched him, she was about to back up, but he quickly moved and grabbed her again, “You Marshall’s are all alike,” the man said and pulled out a gun and my eyes widened, “So violent.”

“No! Let her go!” I yelled and he looked at me, “Don’t hurt her- What do you want? Who are you?!”

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned and punched the guy in the nose, he stumbled back and the girl came at me, I cursed when I saw a knife in her hand and jumped back when she tried to cut me. She threw her arm at me, the hand holding the knife, I grabbed the arm just as it came at me and then back handed her. She kneed me in my stomach and then punched me across the face. I fell back and hit the back of my head against the wall. I tasted blood in my back and spit it to the ground, pushing myself up and jumping back when the guy went to throw a punch.

“Maggie, look out!” I heard and turned to see the girl coming at me again, I hissed when I tried to jump back, but didn’t move back fast enough and got cut from my collarbone to my armpit, “Maggie!”

I punched the girl as hard as I could, elbowed the man in the ribs when he came up behind me. The girl was on the ground, I let out a scream when I felt the man grab me and pick me up, throwing me across the room and I crashed into the picture frame on the wall and into the little side table, it broke and I groaned when I hit the ground. I was picked back up again and I back handed him across the face and then punched him in the throat, he dropped me and I groaned as I fell back to the grab, but quickly recovered myself and crawled away.

I gasped as I felt someone grab my ankle and try to pull me back, I turned around and saw the girl, she looked like shit, I probably didn’t look any better. She crawled on top of me and punched me across the face; she did it again, again, again, and again. I was grateful when she stopped, my head felt limp against the ground, everything was spinning and I was barely keeping my eyes open.

“ENOUGH!!!” I heard and felt myself being picked up.

My eyes snapped open and I saw the girl next to me holding a knife. I reacted quickly, grabbing the knife and punching the girl in the throat, she recovered quickly and went to throw a punch at me, I grabbed her arm and brought my elbow down on her arm and hearing the sickly crack. She screamed out in pain and I kicked her in her stomach and watched as she flew back into the door, bounced off and went to the ground.

My hair was grabbed and I cried out and threw the knife into the guy’s leg, he cried out and I turned around and punched him in the throat again. I was about to punch him again when I heard my name, I turned around and the gun that the man was holding was now against Amber’s head, “No!” I yelled and went to go forward, but I felt arms around my chest and over my shoulders. My arms were pinned back and I groaned at the pressure.

“All Marshall’s are the same,” the man growled, “What do they train you like soldiers?”

“Who are you?! What do you want?!”

“My name is Ace,” he said and my eyes widened, “I’ve traveled a long way.”

‘…Ace? Ace of hearts? Is he the leader or something?...’ I thought and just looked at him, “From where? Why are you here?” I growled and then hissed when the grip the guy had on my tightened.

“We’re looking for someone, a cousin of yours I believe,” he said and I gulped and glared at him.

“I have a lot of cousins, you need to be a little more specific,” I barked and then groaned when I was punched in the ribs and saw that it was the girl, she was up and holding her now broken arm to her chest.

“I would advise you to be a little more considerate, Aubrey isn’t in a good mood,” Ace said and I growled at him.

“Her?!” I growled.

“Where’s Anna Marshall?” he asked and mine and Amber’s eyes widened, “You look surprised.”

“What the hell do you want with Anna? I haven’t seen her since- Since, September,” I said and he just looked at me, “You’re from London?”

“Your cousin stole something from us- I want it back,” he stated and adjusted Amber against him and my eyes widened when he positioned the gun against her head again.

“No! No! Wait, just wait!” I yelled, “What do you want? Money? You want money? I’ll give you money!”

“I don’t want money!” he yelled and I flinched, “She stole a disc from us, a disc that contains very important information on it- We want it back.”

“How am I supposed to get it? I don’t talk to Anna, we don’t get along-“

“Well start to get along and get me that disc,” he ordered.

“Or what?” I growled, instantly regretting my words. I gasped when he quickly smashed the hilt of his gun on top of Amber’s head and I watched as she fell to the ground, “AMBER!!!”

“Shut up!” he yelled, pointing the gun at me and walked towards me. The man grabbed my hair and pulled my head up, “I want Anna!”

“I don’t know where she is!” I yelled and he looked at me, “I don’t! I don’t know where she is!”

I gulped when the barrel of the gun was under my chin, he took a deep breath and bent down looked at me at eye level, “That disc contains important documents that can be very troublesome if put in the wrong hands.”

“You mean the police?” I asked and he looked at me, “Are you some sort of gang or something?”

He smirked and stood up and punched my across the face and my head snapped to the side, “Just get me Anna, get me that disc.”

“You obviously don’t know a Marshall,” I breathed, feeling my head going heavy, my eyes fighting to stay open, “We don’t backstab family.”

“I admire that loyalty, Maggie Marshall,” he said and I looked at him, the only reason that was possible was because he was holding my head up by my hair, “That loyalty might get you killed though, so I’d watch yourself,” he stated calmly and then everything went dark.