‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Seventy Six

“So this is the chick that’s at fault for almost getting Maggie killed?” Neal asked as he and I leaned against the wall, looking as the Uncles interrogated the girl, they weren’t getting a lot of answers.

“Yeah, that’s Anna,” Amber said and I looked at her and then towards Dana, she was practically hiding behind Neal, wanting to stay away from Anna.

We had found Dana two days ago, she had been missing for a day and when we did, she was hiding at her house and was a little banged up. She had called and told us where she was and we quickly went to retrieve her, thanking that it wasn’t a trap, after that, no one’s really left the house.”

“Why couldn’t you just mind your own business, Anna? Why did you need to get yourself involved with these people?” Carl asked his daughter, “Do you know how much danger you’re in- How much danger you put your own family in?”

“I know-“

“I don’t think you do!” I heard a familiar voice growl and we all snapped our heads to the side to see an angry beat up Maggie in the Den’s doorway with her father behind her.

“Couldn’t get her to stay hidden,” Maggie’s father, Dave said and I walked over towards Maggie and pulled her into a hug.

“Pat,” she breathed and looked at me, “I wish you didn’t come- You got yourself involved in this- You too James.”

“We’re here,” James said and Maggie looked down and I placed my hand on her neck.

“Maggie!” I heard and moved out of the way to see Dana running towards Maggie and ran into her open arms. I watched as Maggie winced at the impact and hug her little cousin tight, “I’m so glad you’re all right.”

“I could say the same about you, D,” Maggie said and cupped cousin’s face and inspected the damaged that was done to her, she sighed and then walked out of her cousin’s arms and into the room more.

-Maggie-
I stood in front of Anna, I could feel my family’s eyes on me, my Uncles were watching me, ready to jump in if I decided to get violent with her.

“Maggie,” Anna breathed as she saw what condition I was in, “I’m so sorry-“

“Shut up,” I barked and she winced, “I don’t want your apology- I don’t want it or need it,” I growled and she looked down and nodded her head, “What I want- What I need, is for you to tell me where the fuck this disc that contains the important documents of gangs or whatever the hell is on it!”

“I can’t do that,” she said and I glared at her.

“I think you can and you will,” I snapped and she looked at me and shot up.

“No! I put too much time into discovering it-“

“Look at you, Anna!” I yelled, “You’re a mess!” I took a step closer to her and she flinched, “Look at me! Look at Dana! Dana’s only sixteen- sixteen! Look at your fuckin’ family! You put EVERYONE in danger- And for what?! What makes this disc so important to you that you needed to play hero and get yourself into some deep shit?!”

“I needed to prove that I could be in the spotlight too,” she said and I looked at her, “You’re always the talk of the family, Maggie- You, Mike, Amber- Fuck even Dana!”

I looked at her wide eyed, “That’s your reason?” I asked and she just looked at me, I glared at her and then clenched my fist and punched her across the cheek, wincing and shaking my already cut up hand, “You selfish bitch! You think that all this is worth because you’re jealous that Dana and I are hockey players and Amber’s a figure skater?! Are you serious?!”

“Ma-“

“Before you even answer that question, you better fuckin’ think it over, or so help me, I’ll beat the shit out of you,” I growled and then felt hands on my shoulders, “I almost died to save your fuckin’ ass! Dana was kidnapped- Look around Anna! Everyone’s fuckin’ protecting you just because you have the same last name as us.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t going to cut it now, Anna,” I heard and saw Amber speaking up, “You need to hand over that disc.”

“I don’t have it,” she said and my eyes widened and I threw my arms up and shook my head.

“Where the fuck is it? Where do I have to get it?!” I asked and she shook her head.

“The police have it- FBI I think was involved,” she said and took a deep breath, “That’s why I’m here,” Anna said, “I wanted to tell you that it was almost over. That disc contains every single big gang and gang member in every world.”

I looked at her surprised, I remembered the leader, Ace, saying that it contained important information that could be troublesome in the wrong hands, ‘…If she gave the disc to the police, then do these creeps know that she doesn’t have it anymore?...’ I thought and listened to my Uncles ask her some questions, “Anna!” I called quickly, “How did you get this disc?”

“The one member, he- he gave it to me, said that he needed to disappear and was in trouble-“

“How did you find this guy? Why you?! Why you Anna?!” I asked and she just looked at me and looked down.

“I don’t remember all of the details, some of the girls from the class and I had gone out to one of the clubs and somehow I went home with one of the guys,” she looked down, “It was him, he- he didn’t really give it-“

“You stole it,” I growled and she nodded her head, “Anna,” I said disapproved and she just looked at me.

“I heard him on the phone with someone- He’s the person in charge of keeping track of everyone,” she informed, “I saw it and saw my chance to family maybe-“

“Just shut up,” I growled, “Just stop while you’re ahead,” I said and she shut her mouth. I looked back towards my Uncles and saw them looking down, shaking their heads, “Who’s Ace?”

“How do you know that name?” Anna asked quickly.

“Who is he?”

“Maggie, you don’t want to fuck with that guy- He’s insane!” she said and I glared at her.

“At this moment, you’re insane if you want to piss me off any further,” I snapped and she just looked at me, “I’m asking who he is- Because if you look at me, him and two of his freaks met up with Amber and I in Toronto and THAT’S how I’m almost got myself killed.”

“So what I learned is that there are different branches of gangs, different divisions and shit, Ace is the leader of the Ace of Spades that are in London- He and his people are in charge of keeping track of gangs and gang members- It’s like they have their own government,” she said and she peeked my interest, “There’s this group, Russians, they’re like number two or something- No one knows who the top one is- I couldn’t find it, no matter how much research I did.”

“What about these branches?” Uncle Ian asked.

“Each branch is given different jobs, Ace’s group- Like I said, was in charge of membership- When the list went missing- He’s in charge of getting it back,” she said and I looked at me, “He’s crazy though, killed the guy when he found out that I stole the list.”

“Anna,” I said calmly and took a deep breath, “You released a psycho on our family,” I growled and she started to cry.

“I’m sorry.”

“All right, that’s enough,” Aunt Carol, Anna’s mother said as she ran over and hugged her daughter, “Please.”

“It’s late,” Ian said, “Everyone get some rest, we’ll figure out what to do in the morning.”

I looked at him and then looked around at everyone else; some were slowly making their way out of the room. Some of my Uncles came up to me and hugged me, telling me that they were happy that I was all right and were proud that I kicked ass.

“Get some sleep, Maggie,” Dad said and I nodded my head and turned around to see James and Pat waiting for me.

“I’m really sorry that you guys got involved in this,” I said, seeing that they had a cut or two on their faces and they both looked dirty and exhausted. I felt like I was in the TV show, Walking Dead, except for zombies that were trying to kill us, we had psycho British gang members that apparently liked cards.

“Come on,” Pat said as he grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the stairs, “You look tired.”

“I am,” I said and I walked up the stairs with Pat and James and walked into a bedroom that had a big bed and two air mattresses and one cot around the room, “Who sleeps in here?”

“Me, Neal, Nicky, Justin and Aaron,” Pat said and I nodded my head, they were with my little brother and two of my football player younger cousins.

I learned that Pat had the cot that was stuck in-between the bed and wall. Pat climbed onto the cot and got comfortable and then I climbed in next to him, he pulled me into his arms and close. I made sure that he wasn’t hurting me because I still was pretty sore, especially my ribs. Pat and I fell asleep on the twin size cot together and I felt at ease to be with him, but I knew the next day we were going to have to come up with a plan.