‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Seventy Nine

-Maggie-
“All right you two,” Doc said as he opened his office door and looked at James and I, “Come in so I can take a look at you.”

The guys were on the ice, it was the first period of the game against the Flyers and James and I were still in the locker room, waiting to be looked at by Doc. James wasn’t concerned with his injuries, just a few scratches; he could actually start playing at the next game if he wanted. I, on the other hand, was worried, sure I could play with fracture, even broken ribs, but it was my head that I was worried about. James wasn’t kidding when he said that my head was bashed around too much.

James and I walked into the room and sat on the table; I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder. Doc walked over towards us, he started to check over James first, by the time he finished the guys had come back into the locker room for the first intermission.

“How are they?” Coach asked as he walked into the office.

“Nealer’s good,” Doc said, “I haven’t looked at Maggie yet.”

“So when can Nealer start?”

“Next game,” Doc said and Coach nodded his head and patted James’ shoulder.

“Good to hear, let me know about Maggie,” he said and then left the office to tell the team about the good news with James.

“All right, Maggie, you ready?” Doc asked and I nodded my head, “All right, stand up for me,” he said and I stood up and he asked for me to strip down to my underwear. I was wearing my boy shorts, sports bra, Doc looked at my bruised stomach, and I flinched when he put his hands on them, “How long has this be bruised? I mean it looks like it’s fading.”

“About a week, and it’s been uncomfortable the whole time,” I said and he nodded his head and sighed.

“I want to do an MRI,” he said and I looked at him, “I can’t be too certain, but I’m afraid that you did withstand a lot of damage to your body.”

“I’m fine, I want to play,” I said and he looked at me.

“Maggie, what if you have a concussion, trust me kid, you don’t want to play on that and take the chance to be hit and make it worse- Just ask Sid,” Doc said and I sighed and nodded my head, “I’ll call the clinic now, head over there, get the MRI and bring it back, you should be back by the end of the game.

-Sidney-
We won our game against the Flyers; so far we were playing well this month, winning every single game. James was cleared for practice and to play the next game, Maggie, we weren’t sure; I knew that she went to get an MRI and we would find out once she came back.

I came out from showering, everyone was gathering around Doc’s office, the door was closed and they were trying to peak through the blinds, “What’s going on?”

“Maggie back,” Geno said and I nodded my head and walked over towards my stall to finish getting dressed.

“Can you see anything?” I asked and Tyler shook his head, “Then just wait until she comes out.”

We waited a while, everyone sat in their stalls, dressed and ready to leave, but they weren’t going to leave, not until we found out what was going on with Maggie. After waiting a while, the door opened and Maggie walked out, we all stood and she jumped a little, surprised to see us all still there.

“What’s the status?” I asked and she sighed.

“Slight concussion, should be out for at least two games,” she said and I looked at her and nodded my head, thinking that it was going to be worse than that, “Doc wants me to just rest.”

“Yeah, I second that motion,” James said and I nodded my head, “When will you be back?”

“I should be back this Saturday against the Islanders,” Maggie said and I nodded my head.

“Good,” I smiled towards her, “We need you back.”

-Maggie-
I walked into my house, made my way to my bedroom and collapsed onto my bed. I groaned when I heard the doorbell ring, not wanting to move from the current spot I was in. I sighed and pushed myself out of the bed, headed downstairs to hear the door in my garage open and see Sidney, Geno, James, Marc and Vero walk in.

“Maggie,” Vero cried out and then ran towards me and pulled me into a hug, “I was so scared!”

“I’m all right Vero,” I groaned as she squeezed me tight.

“V, you’re probably hurtin’ her,” James said and Vero gasped and pulled back to see me looking at her.

“I’m sorry, are you all right?!”

“I’m all right, Vero- Really, I’m all right- I’m home,” I said and she smiled and placed her hands on my shoulders.

“Saw the backup,” Sidney said and I looked at him and sighed, nodding my head, “How long will you have them?”

“Backup?” Vero asked and I nodded my head.

“There are two FBI agents outside, they’ll be following James and I around until this is all over,” I said and the guys sighed and nodded their heads.

“We stay for extra protection,” Geno said and I giggled as he walked over towards me, picked me up and then held me close.

“I feel safe already,” I giggled and then looked at Geno and then at the others, “But I’m going to go to bed because I’m exhausted.”

“We sleep with you,” Geno said and I snorted and patted his cheek.

“You can sleep on the floor,” I giggled and the guys chuckled.

“Vero and I are gunna head home, I’m sure you don’t need all of us here,” Marc said and I smiled towards him, “But it’s good to see you again.”

“It’s definitely good to be seen, Flower,” I said and he hugged me and kissed the top of my head. I hugged Vero again and then walked them out of the house, waving towards the two agents as they watched from across the street.

“How long do you think it’ll take until this is all over?” James asked as I closed the door and locked it.

“I hope not long,” I said and he nodded his head, “Well boys, I’m going to bed,” I headed up the stairs and towards my room, turning around to hear footsteps and seeing the three following me, “You know you don’t really need to protect me,” I giggled, “I’m capable of handling myself.”

“I know,” Sidney said, and then turned to one of the guest bedrooms, “I’m gunna be in here- With the door opened!”

“Whatever,” I smirked and rolled my eyes, walking back into my room and seeing Geno and James following me, “And what are you two up to?”

“Nothing,” James said and sighed and climbed back into my bed, Jazz, Bella and Stanley lying on the floor.

“Look, I have the pups- I’ll be fine,” I said and they just nodded their heads and lead against the wall, “I’m not gunna be able to sleep knowing that you’re just standing there watching me,” I said and they chuckled, “Guys!”

“Ok, ok,” Geno said and I watched as he kicked off his shoes and did a dive bomb into my bed.

“What the hell?!” I laughed and then felt James climb in on the other side, “Is this a threesome?”

“It can be,” James chuckled and wrapped an arm around my stomach and pull me close to him, “You have a hot girl in mind?”

“Hey! Me! What about me?!”

“You’re not a hot girl, G,” James stated and I laughed.

“You guys are too much,” I giggled and then moved onto my back, “All right, on your backs if ya’ll are gunna be sleeping here, no spoonin and clothes stay ON.”

“Baby, that takes away all the fun,” James smirked as he rolled onto his stomach and looked at me.

“Sorry, I’m just a funkiller,” I said and the guys chuckled and I rolled my eyes, ‘…They’re my dorks…’

-Sidney-
I yawned, suckin in that morning breath and sat up to stretch, I slept pretty good in Maggie’s guest bedroom and I wondered why this mattress was more comfortable than my own. I sighed and climbed out of the bed, walking into Maggie’s room, letting the light shine in from the hallway and chuckled at the sight in front of me.

Maggie, James and Geno were on the bed, Maggie in the middle, James to her right, Geno to her left. James was on his stomach, arms tucked under the pillow and he was asleep. Maggie had her head on James’ back and was lying crocked and had her legs draped across Geno’s stomach, who was lying on his back with an arm draped over his face.

‘…How the hell did she get like this?...’ I thought and then saw a dog’s head pop up, I think it was Jazz. He was on the bed, lying next to James’ head and lying his head on Maggie’s stomach, ‘…This is funny as shit…’ I thought and then pulled out my phone and snapped a picture, ‘…No one will believe this. They’re gunna get so chirped for this…’