‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Eight

-Kane-
“Fuck off,” I grumbled as I walked into the locker room and heard the guys start to immediately bust me.

“Told ya he would be late!” I heard someone yell and then rolled my eyes and plopped onto the bench, rubbing my face and trying to wake up.

“Did Maggie leave us anything?” Jon asked and I smirked and shook my head, he chuckled.

“Thanks man,” I said and pounded knuckles with him, “Owe ya one.”

“Naw, I like havin’ her around, she keeps you behaved,” he said and I scoffed and the guys laughed.

“So what time did you guys stop?” Brandon Saad asked.

“Uh, like,” I looked at my watch and saw that it was just after eleven, “Like after seven.”

“This morning?!” they asked and I smirked and nodded my head.

“What the hell? I thought she’d give ya more sleep than that!” Jon yelled and I chuckled.

“That girl- Holy fuck,” I smiled brightly and then stood up and took my shirt off and heard the guys’ bust of laughing at seeing the scratch marks on my chest and back, “All I know is that she leaves tomorrow morning and I need to pick up a new box of condoms before I get home.”

“Damn Kaner! Did she have a hard time keeping up with you?” Duncan busted and I snorted and shook my head.

“Dude, I had a hard time keeping up with her!” I said and then shook my head hearing the guys start to chirp me.

“All right boys,” Coach came into the locker room, “Let’s get dressed and out onto the ice,” he said and then looked at me, “Kane, good to see you here, did Marshall leave anything for me to work with?”

-Maggie-
I groaned and then blinked my eyes awake; I was lying in Pat’s bed on my stomach with my arms tucked under the pillow. I sucked in the morning air and stretched, turning over and pulling the sheets up to cover myself to see that I was alone in the room. I looked at the time and saw that it was after noon; Pat was supposed to be back in about an hour or so.

I got out of bed and walked over towards my suitcase that I brought into his room last night before he got here. I grabbed some shorts and a t-shirt, not planning on going anywhere outside of this apartment today, and then walked towards his bathroom to take a shower.

When I finished, I changed into my clothes and then walked out of the room and toward the kitchen. I smirked when I saw a note on the counter and leaned on the counter to read it.

Hey Beautiful,
You definitely know how to wear me out, let’s hope I’ve got some energy for practice. I plan on bringing pizza back with me after because I have no food. See you around 1:30 =)
-Pattie


I giggled and then placed the note down and walked over towards his fridge. I know he said he didn’t have anything, but, I could hope. I opened the door and looked inside, “Wow,” I said and nodded my head, he really didn’t have anything, “Hmmm,” I sighed and then saw some cheese in the drawer and grabbed it, it was cheddar, “Ok Pattie, let’s see if you’ve got bread,” I said and then placed the cheese on the counter and started to open cupboards and drawers. I sighed and looked around and then groaned when I saw a loaf on top of the fridge. I grabbed in and then smiled and grabbed two pieces.

I went back in the fridge and grabbed some butter, then grabbed a pan and was going to make some grilled cheese because I was hungry right then and there. I heard my phone going off and saw it on the counter; I had left it there yesterday. I answered it, seeing that it was Emma calling me.

“Hey girl,” I smiled and started to butter the bread.

“Hey!” she sang, “So? How was your night?” she asked and I could hear the smirk on her face, “I’m dying to know?”

“We cleaned his box of condoms out, if that gives you a hint,” I giggled and then heard her laugh.

“Ok! I want details!” she said and I laughed and started to cook the grilled cheese.

“Oh Em, the things he can do with his hands- Oh fuck and his tongue,” I groaned and heard Emma giggling.

“So when are you leaving?” she asked and I smirked.

“Never, as soon as he comes back from practice, we’re never leaving his bed again!” I said and she laughed, “I don’t think he’ll have a problem with it.”

“Get it girl!” she squealed and I smiled.

“We were all over the room last night, on the bed, the dresser, end of the bed, fuck even the floor- Oh and then against the wall, damn that was exciting,” I said and she just kept laughing, “Man it was a wild ride that I would totally buy another ticket to get on.”

“So Kane’s got what it takes to please our Maggie, physically, emotional and sexually?” Emma asked and I giggled.

“Yes, yes and yes,” I said and flipped the grilled cheese, “Though I feel bad that he’s at practice probably dragging his ass.”

“So what are you going to do it?” she asked and I smirked.

“It’s gunna be my turn to show him a good time,” I said and she squealed and then laughed.

“Oh, that boy isn’t gunna know what hit him!” Emma said and I laughed and finished cooking my sandwich.

“No he’s not,” I smiled and moved my grilled cheese onto a plate and moved over towards the counter and pushed myself up onto it.

“So I gotta tell you something,” she said and her voice changed to sounding serious.

“All right,” I said and bit into my sandwich.

“Last night when we were out to dinner in Dallas, the guys were talking about you going to Chicago-“

“What?” I asked confused.

“No, nothing bad! Staalsy was saying good for you, Max found it funny, Sid sounded happy for you,” she said and I smiled.

“But,” I wanted her to continue.

“Something happened,” she said and sighed, “Kris started with Mikey.”

“Wonderful,” I sighed, “What did he say?”

“Kris was saying how you should be with us instead of going off to screw around with Pat,” she said and I rolled his eyes, “But don’t you worry girl, I had your back!” she said happily and I smirked, “And I stopped Mikey from killing the poor idiot.”

“What did you do?” I laughed.

“Told the dumbass to worry more about the whore he knocked up and less about my girl!” she said and I smiled, “I got your back, Mags!”

“Thanks Em,” I said and then looked down, “For everything.”

“When have I not had your back?!” she asked and I giggled.

“Impossible to answer,” I said and she giggled.

“Exactly, because it never happened!” she said and I smiled brightly.

“Love you, Em.”

“Love you too, Mags, now I gotta go, Mikey just walked out in a towel, my turn to have some fun!” she said and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“All right, go have fun!” I said and then hung up the phone and finished eating my sandwich.

When I finished, I threw my plate out, cleaned up my mess and then walked over towards the couch and sat down, turning the TV for some background noise since I wasn’t really paying attention. I sighed and then stood up and walked over towards his balcony door and walked outside, looking out at the city and smiling, it was a pretty beautiful city.

-Kane-
I finally got home, it was after two, I had a box of pizza in my hand and a box of condoms in my jacket pocket. I was exhausted, but I wanted to spend time with Maggie before she left tomorrow morning and I didn’t see her for another two weeks, or longer. I was really happy that she came out to see me and I couldn’t wait until summer when I could spend it with her, either at my place or her, or on a beach, I didn’t care.

I walked into my home and looked around for her, the TV was on, but she wasn’t on the couch. I placed the pizza on the counter and saw her out on the balcony looking at the city. I smiled and then saw that she was in a t-shirt and shorts, ‘…It’s cold out there…’ I thought, remembering that it snowed yesterday morning. I walked towards the door and went outside, taking my jacket off and throwing it over her shoulders.

“Pat,” she jumped, no hearing me come up behind her.

“Sorry,” I said and she pulled the jacket closer to her, “What are you doing out here?”

“Thinking,” she said and wrapped my arms around her and she leaned against my chest.

“About what?” I asked, kissing her shoulder.

“How was practice?” she asked and looked up at me, “We’re you able to keep up?”

“Barely,” I chuckled, noticing her changing the subject, “You all right?”

“I am now,” she said and then turned towards me and pressed her lips against mine.

I felt her hands move down my chest and then under my shirt and she backed me up against the glass and grinded her hips into mine. We both groaned and I moved my hands to her ass and grabbed it roughly as I felt Maggie starting to unzip and unbutton my jeans, ‘…Fuck this girl’s gunna wear me out…’