‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Eighty Two

-Maggie-
“There’s my girl!” I heard and turned, smiling brightly at one of my former teammates.

“Staalsy!” I yelled and then ran over towards him and felt him pick me up and spin me around.

“Mhmmm, I miss you, Maggie!” Jordan said and I giggled and nodded my head, looking at him.

“I miss you too,” I said and then hug him again.

“Maggie!” I heard and looked passed Jordan and smiled at seeing Heather, his wife hurrying down the hallway. Jordan put me down and I stood next to him and laughed when Heather pulled me into a hug, “I miss you, Maggie!”

“I miss you too, Heath,” I said and she smiled towards me and then hugged me again.

“It’s so good to see you! Jordan wouldn’t let me come to the last game!” Heather whined and I giggled and looked towards Jordan.

“You were sick!” he defended and I smiled towards Heather and she rolled her eyes.

I laughed and then squealed when I felt arms around my waist and I was picked up off of the ground, turning my head and laughing towards the Carolina Captain, “You Staals’ are all alike!”

“Thank you,” Jordan said and I rolled my eyes and turned around to hug Eric.

“Maggie!” I heard and turned my head to see Geno peaking his head around the corner and I was having serious de ja vu moments, except last time it was Sidney, “They say check here!”

“You came to Carolina, Malkin- Of course we’re gunna try and steal her,” Eric said and I giggled as he wrapped his arms around my neck and I leaned my back against his chest.

“You no steal our Maggie,” he said and I leaned by head up and up towards Eric.

“Sorry mate,” I said and he chuckled and looked down towards me.

“You should be a Hurricane,” he said and I snorted, “Come on! You took Jokinen, we should have gotten Maggie!”

“It no happen,” Geno smiled.

“Why?” Eric pouted.

“Penguins are cuter,” I said and the guys laughed and I looked back towards Geno, “I’d love to come with you, but currently, I’m a little tied down,” I teased and acted like I couldn’t get out of Eric’s arms when we all know that I could, I just didn’t want to move.

“You’re just too weak, Marshall,” Eric said and I scoffed.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’ll show you weak on the ice, Staal,” I barked and he, Jordan and Geno chuckled.

“Staal sandwich!” Jordan yelled and then he and Eric hugged me, Jordan in front of me and Eric behind.

“Yeah, except I can’t breathe!” I yelled and they yelled. Finally, they let me go and Geno and I walked towards the locker room and I hopped in and headed towards my stall. The guys asked where I was and I smiled towards Beau, “Visiting some buddies of mine.”

“Tall, blond, freakishly tall?” Tyler asked and I giggled and looked at him.

“That’s the one! You’re partner in crime, TK,” I said and he smirked and shook his head. I looked over towards our newest Penguin, Jussi Jokinen, just traded from the Carolina Hurricanes and I found it funny how he was playing his old team as a Penguin for the first time.

Without Sidney, James, Kris and Paul, the game and line changes were a little exhausting; however, we needed to pick ourselves up and win, which is exactly what we did that night against the Hurricanes. The final score was five to three, Penguins; Bortuzzo, Pascal and Adams got the first goal about six minutes into the first period, Jokinen, Morrow and Pascal got the second goal seven minutes later. Beau scored almost ten minutes into the third period with Adams and I assisting. Geno got the fourth goal with Iginla and I assisting thirteen seconds later and then I scored on a breakaway with no assist two seconds before the game ended.

After the game some of us went out to dinner with our friends on the Hurricanes, they ended up paying because usually losers paid. I had a fun time with everyone and then the next morning we flew to Tampa because the next day we had a game against the Lightning.

I was lying out by the pool trying to catch a tan when I felt the sun being shielded from me. I looked up and groaned when I saw Jerk face one and two in front of me in normal clothes, “What do you two want? I’m trying to tan.”

“We have a security breach,” Allen said, Jerk face two said and I sat up and looked at him.

“What?” I looked at him confused and then looked around.

“Get up and go to your room, someone from the list has been spotted close by,” he said and I sighed and stood up, looking over towards some of my teammates to see that they were looking at me confused.

As I was heading into the hotel, Beau was walking out, I grabbed his arm and he spun around and we headed back into the hotel, “Where are we going?” Beau asked and then spotted the two agents behind me, “Something up?”

“I need you to tell everyone to go back to their rooms,” I said as I was being pulled towards the elevators, “Do it, Beau!”

“Got it!” Beau said and then headed back towards the door to head outside, while I was forced to head to my room and wonder why I was going to have to go through all of this shit again.

I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling, jumping when I heard pounding on my door and then crawling out of bed, walking to the door and opening it to see some confused teammates. They pushed themselves in and I peaked my head into the hallway to see the two agents at the end of the hall standing by the elevator and stairwell.

“What’s going on, Mags?” Cooke asked as I closed the door and saw him there.

“I don’t know, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum apparently saw there’s been a security breach,” I sighed as I walked over towards my bed and saw Beau sitting on it, “They said that one of the guys from the list that Anna stole was spotted close by.”

“No way! Like here?” Bortuzzo asked and I nodded my head.

“I feel like I missed something,” Morrow said and we looked towards the four new teammates and I scoffed.

“You have no idea,” I said and then groaned and took a deep breath, explaining to the four everything that had happened in the past month.

“Fuck that’s intense shit,” Murray said and I laughed.

“It was nuts,” I said and they nodded their heads, “I just want this all to be over.”

“Do they follow you all the time?” Iginla asked and I nodded my head.

“Me and Nealer,” I said and they nodded their heads, remembering me telling them that James had come with me.

“Maybe you should call Kane and see what’s going on with him- Couldn’t they be after him?” Pascal asked and I sighed and grabbed my phone.

“I hope not- But he’s got agents too,” I said and then sent him a text, knowing that he was probably at practice now.

“Who do you room with, Maggie?” Jussi asked and I smiled and ruffled Beau’s hair.

“Sunshine here, he’s my bunk buddy,” I said and the guys chuckled.

“Bet the kid love it,” Iginla said and Beau smiled brightly.

“Yup, pillow fights, her walking out with a towel, short shorts-“

“You’re a perv you know that! You’ve gotten so bad lately,” I laughed and Beau shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

“Shouldn’t have told me why you don’t stretch during warm ups then,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Why don’t you stretch during warm ups?” Tyler asked and I playfully glared at Beau for starting this.

“Oh, this is good, tell ‘em, tell ‘em,” Beau laughed.

“I’m getting there! Shesh!” I grumbled and then giggled, “I don’t like to stretch during warm ups because ya’ll look like your fuckin the ice and I don’t need to be looked at like a piece of meat more that I already am.”

“Understandable,” Marc said and then I looked at the facial expressions of some of my teammates.

“Yeah, you guys are picturing her stretching now, huh?” Beau asked and I sighed, rolled my eyes and looked at the red faces.

“Pervs,” I muttered and Beau laughed.

There was a knock on the door and Beau opened it up to see the agents, “All clear, false alarm,” they said and I groaned and pushed myself out of bed.

“Then, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to tanning,” I said and headed towards the door and knowing that I had people following me, ‘…When is this going to end?...’