‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Eighty Three

@Flyers_girl... POP!!! lolz

We won against the Lightning with the final score of six to three and I managed to score twice and assist once. Two days later we played the Panthers and won with the final score of three to one and I only assisted in that game. The next day we flew out to head to Boston for our game two days later, Tuesday, April 16th.

It was around noon when we flew into Boston and made our way to the hotel. I noticed that there was a lot more people than usual in Boston this time, because tomorrow was the annual Boston marathon, where people would run for charity. I got into the room and heard my phone ringing from my bag, I dug it out and saw Seguin calling me, I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“What do you have some sort of psychic link to know that I’m here?” I giggled and saw Beau look at me confused.

“Naw, I’m just that good,” he said cockily and I rolled my eyes, “You just get there?”

“Yeah,” I said and sat on the end of the bed, “We’ve got a skate later on today.”

“Yeah, we’ve got one tomorrow morning- Uh, Looch, Horty, Marshy and Tuuk wanna know if you wanna grab some food tomorrow, after we’re finished with practice,” Seguin said and I yawned.

“Sure, just let me know what time and where I need to meet ya’ll,” I said and laid back into bed, “Listen, love talking to you and all- But we only get three hours to rest before practice, and I wanna sleep.”

“All right,” Seguin chuckled, “See you tomorrow, Marshall.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, Seguin,” I smirked and then ended the phone call and let out a long yawn and powerful stretch.

“Seguin? You’re friends with Bruins?” Beau asked and I nodded my head, “Is there a team where you don’t have a friend on?”

“Yeah, there’s a few,” I giggled and crawled up the bed to climb under the sheets.

“Flyers?”

“Only have one friend on that team,” I said and he looked at me surprised, “Talbot.”

“Oh, should have see that,” he said and climbed into his bed, “Buffalo?”

“Nope- Fuckin’ hate Miller,” I said and Beau chuckled, “No one on the Wilds, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Montreal-“

“Toronto?”

“Nope, got a few on there,” I giggled, “Kessel is my buddy.”

“Definitely know you’re friends with the Hawks,” Beau said and I laughed and nodded my head, “Rangers?”

“Staal,” I said and he rolled his eyes.

“Islanders?”

“Tavares,” I said and Beau shook his head, “Now shut up so I can get some sleep!”

“Roar!” Beau teased and I rolled my eyes and got comfortable in the nice warm bed.

-Seguin-
“Did you text her?” Tuuka asked and I looked at him and nodded my head.

“Yeah, she’s gunna meet us at Louie’s Pub at two,” I said and the guys nodded their heads and we finished up getting dressed, we had about a half hour to leave the Garden and head a few blocks towards one of our favorite Pubs and with the Boston marathon going on, it was a pain to get around.

After Lucic, Horton, Rask, Marshand and I were ready, we left the Garden and walked to the Pub, seeing Maggie crossing the street as soon as we appeared in front of the Pub.

“I know New York like the back of my hand- Boston- Fuckin’ get lost every time,” Maggie grumbled and we laughed and I watched as Lucic and Rask wrapped their arms around her and we all headed into the Pub.

We were seated on the upper patio and saw that there were a few other people up here, their eyes wide when we walked through the door. Maggie sat in-between Lucic and Rask, while I sat on the other side of the table in-between Horton and Marshand. We were talking about some of our past games when our waiter came over and took our drink orders, just two pitchers of beer.

We weren’t even sitting at the table for ten minutes before fans came up to Maggie and even us and asked for autographs and pictures. The waiter came and we placed our food order in and just started to talk about different things. Lucic and Horton asked how her injured teammates were; the Penguins now had Crosby, Letang, Neal, Martin and Malkin out.

“It’s hard, lot of pressure, but we’ll be fine, we managed to pull through the Panthers without any of them,” she said and I chuckled.

“Because they’re the Panthers,” I said and they let out a little laugh.

We had been sitting for almost fifty minutes when we suddenly felt the ground shake, there was a loud explosion and we all stood up and headed towards the banister of the patio and looked towards the smoke that was forming about a footballs length away from our location. That was where the marathon was, a few seconds later, there was another explosion and this one seemed being than the other and the ground shook more. Maggie actually lost her balance and Tuuka and I caught her by her arms before she fell to the ground.

“What the hell was that?” Lucic asked and we all tried to lean over the banister to see, but we didn’t see a lot.

“Best if we stay here,” Horton said and I looked towards Maggie.

“I wanna check it out, though,” she said and I rolled my eyes.

“You just asking for trouble?” I asked and she smirked towards me and shrugged her shoulders.

We made our way inside and saw that they had the TV and changed to the news to see that there was a live broadcast of the marathon and our eyes all widened when we read on the bottom of the screen that two bombs had gone off.

“So that’s what that was,” Maggie mumbled, leaning against Marshand’s back, looking up at the TV sadly.

“I’m guessing the game might be cancelled for tomorrow,” Horton said and Maggie nodded her head.

Her phone started to ring and she pulled it out of her back pocket and placed the phone to her ear, “Hello?” we watched her flinch and pull the phone away from her ear and we could hear a panicked voice, “Coach, relax, I’m all right, I’m seeing it on the news now- You might wanna call Sunshine and Borts, they were actually planning- Oh my god! They went to watch the race!” my eyes widened, her teammates were down by the explosion, “I gotta go!”

“Maggie, Maggie, breathe, I’m sure they’re fine,” Lucic said and Maggie looked at him, I saw the look in her eyes, it was pure fear.

“I’ll help you look,” I said and Maggie looked at me, something about that look on her face kind of got to me. She just nodded her head and then the two of us left the Pub and headed down the street towards the marathon, towards the place where people were running away from. I looked over towards her and saw that she was on her phone, probably trying to get a hold of her teammates.

-Maggie-
I called and called and called and texted the two of them, Beau and Bortuzzo told me this morning that they wanted to watch the race. No one thought anything of it so Coach let them go, thinking how much harm could it be to go and watch a race. I almost started to cry when I walked the streets of the areas where the bombs went off and saw all of the pain and suffering that people were going through, I was pretty sure that I would never get these images out of my head.

“Come on, Maggie,” Tyler said as he pulled me along and my eyes scanned the area. We hurried down the sidewalk, the sidewalks covered in blood and debrief.

‘…Come on guys, where are you? Where are you?...’ I thought as Tyler and I headed more down the sidewalk. I bit my lip, getting this feeling inside of me, the same feeling I had when I found out that Mike had died, ‘…No! They’re not dead! They’re not!...’

My head shot to my head when I heard and felt my phone going off. I saw it was Beau calling me and I let out a breath and a laugh and answered the phone, “Oh my god! Where are you guys? Please tell me you’re safe?!”

“Mags, we’re fine- Borts and I actually ran into the Bruins at some Pub, they told us that you just left to try and find us- Get out of there Maggie, the place-“

“We’re heading back, Sunshine,” I let out a breath and looked towards Tyler.

“I’ll pour you a beer,” he said and I bit my lip, closing my eyes to make sure I didn’t start crying at the sound of him all right, I wasn’t sure if I could take another person close to me dying.

Tyler and I headed back to the Pub and when I saw Bortuzzo and Beau, I hugged them tight and didn’t really want to let them go, but they ended up eating lunch with us. Actually the two of them ate the lunch that I ordered and needed to order another sandwich.

“Did you guys call Coach to tell him that ya’ll are all right?” I asked and Beau nodded his head and at that moment, all of our phones buzzed and we looked down and saw the GameCenter alert.

Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins game postponed from April 16th, 2013 to April 20th, 2013.