‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Eighty Six

-Maggie-
“Beau,” I said and Beau looked at me, “Switch with me,” I held up the jersey that Tony had given me, that I really didn’t want to wear and Beau was the only one wearing a Pirates shirt with no number on the back.

“Yeah, sure,” he said and my eyes widened when he took his shirt off right there and I shook my head, letting a laugh out, he was now shirtless.

“What the hell, Sunshine?!” Vitale laughed as Beau handed me the shirt and I handed him the jersey and I walked over towards the bathroom because I didn’t have anything under this shirt other than my bra.

I threw Beau’s shirt on and walked back out, smiling when I saw Emma walking into the suite with baby Troy in his carrier and Nick coming in behind them. This was the first time in a while I was seeing any of them, my schedule was just so busy and it was good to see all of them.

“Come to Auntie Maggie,” I cooed as I picked up Troy and held him against me.

“Right for the baby, I know where we stand now,” Nick teased as he motioned towards he and Emma.

“How are you?” I giggled and gave my brother a side hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m fine, finally happy for classes to be finished,” he said and I nodded my head, “Nice shirt.”

“It’s Beau’s,” I said and he looked at me confused, “Long story.”

“Whatever,” he said and headed over towards my teammates and I smiled towards Emma.

“Come on Momma, give me a hug!” I smiled and hugged my friend while still holding Troy, “How are you?”

“I’m doing all right,” she said and smiled towards her son, “Having Nick around is really helping me out.”

“I’m sure, I’m happy you’re letting him live with you and help you around- He’s a good kid,” I said and Emma nodded her head.

“How’s everything with the gang drama?” she asked and I sighed and looked around.

“Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have finally stopped following James around and told us that things were safe enough, but it’s not over- The FBI expects James, Pat and I to come in so that we can testify against these people- I honestly just want it all to be over.”

“Yeah, it’s going on- What? Over a month,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Yup, but James and I are lucky, some of my family still has the FBI following them- Especially Anna-“

“That bitch,” Emma growled and I nodded my head.

“Mags!” Matt yelled for me, “Come on, it’s starting.”

“Yay,” I mumbled and Emma laughed.

“You sound so excited,” Emma smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“Oh my god, the one player- Watson? He was hittin’ on me the whole time we were on the field,” I said and Emma’s eyes widened, “That’s why I’m wearing Beau’s shirt, because Watson gave me a jersey to wear and I didn’t want to and I felt bad because I wasn’t wearing anything.”

Emma laughed, “That’s cold, Mags- You’re making your friend wear the jersey that some guys with a crush on you asked you to wear.”

I was about to say something but then I thought about it, “Yeah, that was a pretty harsh move,” I sighed and looked towards Beau, “But I don’t wanna.”

“You don’t have to,” Emma said and I sighed and walked over towards the seats and plopping down in-between Paul and James, apparently stealing Matt’s seat. He whined at me and I laughed and stuck my tongue out towards him, all while holding baby Troy, “You’re being mean to everyone today, Mags,” Emma teased and I rolled my eyes, while the guys chuckled.

I held Troy to me and then took a picture of us, Paul took his Pirates hat off and placed it on Troy’s head and I laughed at its largeness and found the poor baby’s head to be swallowed up. Paul held the hat up as I took another picture, only to groan when James photobombed it.

“James!” I growled and playfully slapped his arm and he laughed towards me. I tried again and managed to sneak the picture before James photobombed again, which he tried. I looked at the picture on my phone and smiled, liking how it came out and send it to Pat and then posting it on Twitter, typing ‘First baseball game for Baby Troy and Auntie Maggie.’

I was in and out on paying attention to the baseball game, I knew that the Pirates were playing the St. Louis Cardinals and they were currently winning. The guys tried to explain the game to me, but I just zone out every time, not really caring.

By the end of the game, the Pirates won with the final score of five to zero and I was happy that they won, but also wanted to leave because I was bored. I figured that the guys wanted to stay longer and go down to the locker room after the game, but was surprised to find that they wanted to leave.

“Don’t you wanna see the team?” I asked and the guys looked at me.

“We’ll see they tomorrow,” Paul said, “They’re coming to the rink, remember?”

“Oh,” I said and sighed, “Great.”

The guys chuckled and we headed out of the suite, Emma had Troy and Nick was carrying the carrier. We left the field and headed off in our separate directions, only to come back together the next day for our day with the Pirates.

We were all in the locker room, none of us were in full gear, we were wearing jeans, long sleeve Penguins shirts, our skates and then our gloves. I heard the door open and smiled when Emma walked in with Troy and a lot of the guys crowded around her, wanting to see the little guy, I giggled at the fact that they were a bunch of softies.

“All right, all right, I gotta get to Auntie before she gets crabby,” Emma said and I giggled and shook my head, “You take good care of him out there, he’s not even walking- Or crawling and you want to take him out on the ice!”

“Relax Em, he’s not actually going on the ice, I’m going to be holding him,” I said and she nodded her head, “I’ll get him his first skates in about a year or so, he’s only six months old now,” I said and Emma sighed and shook her head.

“Marshalls,” she giggled and I smirked and stood up, hugging her.

“Yeah, but you love us,” I said and she giggled and nodded her head, I took Troy and headed out towards the ice.

Some of the guys joined me, we had another half hour until the Pirates arrived, I wanted to spend that with my nephew and my teammates.

“Hey! There she is!” I heard and turned around and my eyes widened and I smiled brightly.

“Pat!” I yelled and skated over towards him. Emma laughed as I rushed over towards her and handed her Troy and skated to Pat, pulling him into a hug and he kissed my head, “What are you doing here?” I giggled and he just looked at me.

“Wanted to surprise you,” he said and I giggled and nodded my head.

“You definitely surprised me,” I said and he opened the door and I smiled when he was in skates. I pulled him onto the ice and hugged him again, feeling his arms around my waist and I looked at him and pressed my lips onto his.

“Hey Kane,” I heard and looked to my side to see James skating over.

“Neal,” Pat said and gave him a small smirk and they both nodded their heads.

-James-
“Uh, someone wanna tell me what the hell a hawk is doing here?” new teammate, Brendon Morrow, said and I looked towards him and heard Brooks explain to him that Kane was Maggie’s boyfriend, the four new teammates seemed a little surprised, but didn’t really care.

“As long as she plays well against him,” Jussi Jokinen said and I chuckled.

“I think she plays harder when she’s up against her friends- Which is almost every team out there,” I said and they looked at me, “What-“ I looked towards Kris, “She’s got friends on about every team- Right?”

“Yeah, our social butterfly,” he said and I smirked and looked towards Kane and Maggie hugging.

“You called him?” I heard and saw Matt skate up next to me.

“Yeah.”

“When?”

“Last night- Kid dropped everything and came down when I told him about our little situation with Watson- Though, Maggie’s not going to know that and Kane’s just gunna tell her he came into surprise her,” I said and then sighed.

“Wonder how the Pirate’s gunna take it?” Matt chuckled and I shrugged my shoulder.

“They’re here,” Coach said as he came onto the ice and did a double take when he saw Kane.

Maggie just kissed his cheek and Kane climbed over the boards and stood next to Emma, he was going to stay there until this hour long ‘game’ against the Pirates was going to be over. The only one who was going to be in full gear was Marc and Vokoun, they were going to be stopping the pucks.

“Go easy on them, they’re not use to our world,” Coach said and we nodded our heads.

“They won’t last two minutes into the game against Mags,” Marc said and Maggie laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

“We’ll see,” she said and the Pirates came onto the ice and we looked at them, some of them were just going to stay on the visitors’ bench, they didn’t know how to skate. A few of the ice you could tell just recently learned, others, they’ve been here, this wasn’t the first time the Pirates and Penguins got together, we do this with the Steelers too.

I spotted Watson, of course he was looking at Maggie, I looked towards Kane, he was glaring at Watson, ‘…Maybe it was bad idea to call him…’