Status: Doing well, how are all of you doing?

Musings of Vain Monotony

Michael

Once upon a time, there awoke a man named Michael. Michael was an ordinary man who did ordinary deeds for an ordinary company in an ordinary city in an ordinary state in the best country in the entire universe, the United States of America. As an ordinary man he usually awoke at 7:00am sharp in order to do his morning routine. However, this morning, he awoke at 6:55am.

Instead of waiting in bed for an additional five minutes, He jumped out of his bed and approached his closet. He took an ordinary white collared shirt, an ordinary red tie, and an ordinary pair of black slacks; each of the items hung by a dark green hanger. He systematically unbuttoned the shirt and began to place the article of clothing upon himself.

As he looked at himself in the mirror he noticed that he missed the bottom button. As such, his shirt appeared as a smirk on a man’s face rather than it’s intended sense of mediocrity. This displeased Michael so he quickly ripped the shirt off of his torso and lit it aflame with his fire breath.
He threw the burning garment out of the window and onto the street where someone was sure to take care of that hazard. He took another white collared shirt and buttoned each of his buttons with perfection. He had just as much ease putting on the rest of his work uniform.
Wondering how long it took him to put his clothes on, Michael glanced at his clock. It stated that the time was 6:59am. Michael, delighted in his punctuality, decided to go out of his bedroom. He turned to the northern wall.

And saw no way of exit. It was a blank white wall. He turned to the southern wall saw only his closet. He turned to eastern wall, and there was a window. For a moment, Michael entertained the idea of smashing through the glass panel like Bruce Willis. However, he dismissed this notion and rapidly went back to his former dilemma: how to exit the room. He turned to the western wall and was surprised to see another white wall, with a large brown rectangle in the side of it.

Michael, intrigued by this strange shape, approached it cautiously. The elongated square was made of a material not unlike wood and was framed by a another larger rectangle missing it’s middle bits. On the rectangle, there was a small sphere made of bronze. Michael placed his ear against the brown item and knocked on it. He was wonder-struck to find that it was indeed hollow on the other side. It was the exit that he had been looking for! He took a step back.

“Let me out please.” The elongated square did not answer him. It was rather rude.

“Excuse me, could you please let me out?” Once again, there was no response. Michael was unfazed by this lack of etiquette. He had dealt with rude people before. He drew his war hammer, Melissa, from his pocket and smashed through the square. After he had obliterated the door, he placed Melissa back into his bed.

“Be back in the afternoon. Love you!” He walked out the room with a contented sigh.
Overall, it was an ordinary morning.