Maybe It's Just My Imagination.

Maybe It's Just My Imagination.

Joe often sat on his couch, with his guitar in his arms, and he would sing. He would sing songs about heartbreak. Songs about dying, and songs about unhappiness.

Joe, now was nothing, he rarely spoke to his brothers, and in time, the 'Jonas Brothers' faded away. No Kevin, no Nick, and no Joe. It was a sad day to all when Nick and Kevin announced the splitting of the band, when Kevin said that they would 'very much love to keep making music, and keep the Jonas Brothers alive, but unfortunately, one of the members of the band, whom couldn't be replaced, was in a different time and place in his life, and the Jonas Brothers, would no longer be.'

There were infinite amounts of tears that day, from the fans who had looked up to the three boys. Some of the former fans despised Joe. Because he had done this, it was his fault. And the band was split up, because of him. Which was depressing.

Life was different in so many ways, for everyone.

Nick and Kevin rarely spoke of or to, Joe. They just eventually got tired of trying to help him. They knew why he was being the way he was, yet they weren't taking a chance on Laurens heart either. She seemed to be happy, and they weren't going to be the ones to ruin it for her.

So Joe, was alone.

Other than the few friends, who were party animals and strung out on any kind of possible drug they could get. A crowd that Joe normally wouldn't be caught dead hanging around. But somehow he just fell into the crowd, being frequently drunk. Somehow, when he was with them, while they were stoned out of their minds. He was not high, he was just half wasted, but he still felt as though he belonged. Joe felt that he belonged with the burnouts.
He still wasn't truly happy, and he knew that being truly happy would only come if he was with the girl of his dreams.

Joe's whole entire life was falling apart. He had no one, he didn't have anyone but himself. And every night, he would pray to God that in the morning there would be some sort of wonderful miracle. But each day that he woke up and there was no miracle to be, was another day that Joe fell deeper into depression.

Over the next few months, Joe really became a lot harder to see or be around. He was always sad, always depressed, and always bringing people down with him. He knew in his heart that he had loved Lauren, and he knew that she was happy with someone else. He had to do his best to accept that fact of life, and move on, but he just couldn't do it.

Joe knew that his drinking was out of hand, that he was drinking entirely too much, being hung over most days, but wake up, and start drinking from the second his feet hit the hardwood floors beneath him, to the moment his head hit his white pillow case. Stained with drool, and sweat from the long nights he had been in there alone.

The cold hard fact of life was that Joseph Adam Jonas, once so great, and beautiful in every way, was now wasting away to nothing. In time he would completely fade, no one would really ever think about him, other than his mother and father. Denise and Paul have tried countless amounts of time to send the boy to rehab, and when he refused to go, he would kick them out of his house.

He did not want to be told what he already knew. He was killing himself.

Six months quickly turned into a year, and a year without seeing family, and friends, that you once had. And then finally one day, showing up on the door step, bearing gifts and looking very good, can be a shock.

Joe, was in a Christmas sweater, one his mother had gotten for him a few years ago. Joe was not pale, and he was not too thin. He was sort of like the old Joe, but Kevin and Nick knew something was up. How can one person be so down and out, drunk all the time, to being happy, and sober? It couldn't have been that easy.

Joe was lying to everyone, even himself.
Joe walked into the front door. Passing by little Frankie, who had missed his brother so much, past Kevin, and Nicholas. Joe went straight to his mom, wrapped her tight in his arms, and whispered two words.

"I'm sorry." Denise choked, as she felt tears forming into her eyes, it was the first time she'd seen her son in months, and he was just like she remembered him. In dark wash skinny jeans, and the Christmas sweater. Such a beautiful sight.

Joe kissed his mothers forehead and then let go, stopping in his tracks when he saw the most beautiful girl. She was just like he'd remembered her to be. This girl, had been in his dreams for the past year. Her brown flowing locks, and her sparking caramel chocolate eyes. His breath caught in his throat, and he started to sweat. She didn't take her eyes off of him, not once.

He walked over to her and knelt down in front of her.

"Lauren." He said, breathlessly.

"I-Hi." She said softly, with a small sniffle.

"Lauren, I never meant to hurt you. I just-I-."

"I love you." She looked into his eyes.

"I-" Joe's face brightened.

"What about Cory?" Joe asked softly.

"He just wanted me for the fame." Lauren said softly.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here. Lauren, but I loved you, and you had him, and I couldn't handle it. I should have just told you."

"Joe what have you done? Drinking? Making horrible decisions? Whats wrong with you?" She asked as a tear fell down her smooth cheek.

"I know, I know I was stupid. I just, I lost everything, when I lost you to him. I felt like it wasn't worth it. Like without you, I had not point in being here. I had no point, at all." He said softly as a tear rolled down his own cheek.

"You've gotta stop!" She demanded, looking up at him.

"I will for you. But you have to promise to be there, to help me, to love me." He put his face into her shoulder and let a few tears fall.

Lauren slid her hands through the dark hair on the back of his neck.

"I promise." She whispered softly.

Joe lifted his head, his eyes now red and puffy, but a small smile formed on his beautiful face. Joe took a chance, he lifted his head and pressed his lips to hers, finally getting the magical feeling of the butterflies, and the sweating of his palms. And even though the kiss was short, having been interrupted by Nick running out of the kitchen with the sweet potato pie.

"AH, Help! Dad! Someone! Put it out!" Nick yelled just as Kevin grabbed the fire extinguisher and sprayed not only the pie, but Nick along with it.

Christmas at the Jonas house, never ceased to entertain. But Joe smiled at his brothers, and then, he turned back to Lauren.

"Do you think you'd wanna marry me?" Joe asked, he was already on one knee, Laurens breath caught in her throat, a smile painted its way onto her face and she nodded, knowing Joe was her soul mate.

Knowing that Joe was the one she was meant to be with. He loved her, and she loved him. And there was nothing that was going to stand in the way of that.

Joe smiled and kissed her lips, in a longer, more passionate kiss.

Things would soon look up for Joe, and he knew it.

And that moment proved, that no matter what you're going through, no matter how horrible or tragic you think your life is. If its meant to be, it will be.

It will be real, and magical, and make you feel so much.

Ha, but then again, Maybe It's Just Your Imagination..

You decide.
;]
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.
:] Hope you guys enjoyed this. I had fun writing it.
thanks to all the readers.
Love you all.
-Cheyenne.