Status: You guys are so awesome that I can't keep up. I'm working on getting a new chapter as fast as I can!

For Us

03. Norman ***ing Reedus

Stella had to leave after about an hour. It was sad to see her leave, but that left me with two of my favorite people, so I knew I’d manage.

It was weird, Sean taking over the check while Norman and I both protested vigorously. He was the fastest with his card, however, so there wasn’t much we could do.

I needed a cigarette, though. The urge to smoke had been there since we got to the restaurant, but I didn’t wanna be the first to make a move. Especially if Sean was still the way he used to be about it.

While Sean waited for his card, Norman took a deep breath and started gathering his stuff. “I’m gonna be outside.”

I knew what that meant, and from the way Sean tensely nodded, I realized that things hadn’t changed with him. I mean, his parents were chain smokers who never really took care of themselves physically. Honestly, his parents’ choices pretty much shaped who he was.

A hardcore anti-smoker who worked out more than he breathed sometimes.

With a sigh, I stood from the table and grabbed my purse. The look on Sean’s face when he realized I was headed outside, too, for the same reason as Norman . . . it kinda broke my heart a little.

I didn’t wanna deal with it right now, so I gave him a nervous smile and scurried outside after Norman, who already had his lit with his lighter still in hand.

I took out a cigarette and put it in my mouth while he lit it for me. He smirked down at me while huffing some smoke out of his nose, and I just rolled my eyes and took a puff.
Sometimes, I enjoyed the way it burned my lungs. Others, like right then, I hated it. Felt beyond guilty.

The thing I loved about being friends with Norman was that we could just sit there, perfectly content with silence, and that’s what we did. Stood there and watched the moon decorate the water as it danced with the wind. It was a bit too chilly for my tastes, but Norm took it like a champ.

I guess since he lived here, he was probably used to it.

Sean got out here much faster than I expected, and he glared at me. “Not you too. Come on, Elli. Really?”

“She picked it up from a part, dude,” Norman told him, but Sean’s reaction made him laugh.

I felt really awkward, but I took one last huff and tossed the half-finished cigarette on the ground, my eyes staying on it as the embers still burned away. I found it fascinating, so I didn’t smush it out immediately.

Norman laughed. “You either learn to ignore him or give in to him. Ignoring him is easier than you’d think.”

“I’m not through with you yet, Reedstein,” Sean said, but his eyes didn’t leave me. “I can get somewhere much faster with her, however, so I’m putting you on hold.”

Norman smirked down at me. “Now who’s the friend thief?”

“Still you,” I laughed. “Remember? I knew him first.”

“This sexy little bitch right here is the reason I even fucking became an actor,” Sean informed him.

Norman’s eyes widened completely as a grin spread across his way. “Well I’ll be damned. That was you, El? I guess I could see it. I mean, that ass of yours . . . .”

“Oh shut up, you didn’t even see my ass for more than two seconds,” I grumbled.

Sean looked mortified, a little pale even, but he didn’t question it. “How did you two meet anyways?”

“She’s guest starring on a few episodes for the next part of the season, and they introduced her at the end of the first half,” Norman informed him when I couldn’t really find words. “Sean, when you marry this girl, have ear plugs for when she’s sick. She snores like a motherfucking chainsaw that’s having withdrawals from meth or something. Dear God, it’s awful.”

“That was one fucking night, and I never hear the end of it,” I muttered, and I shot him a scowl. “What about you? I seem to recall you waking me up every two minutes one night asking me if a picture you took of your fucking foot was good enough to be edited for Instagram. What the fuck, Normy? I mean, really. Who does that shit?”

“Norman fucking Reedus,” he answered for me, this huge grin on his lips. “That’s who, motherfucker.”

“Well, you know who fucking snores like a damn chainsaw having withdrawals from meth when sick?” I asked, and he smirked, waiting on me to answer my own question. “Elliotte Reaver, you annoying son of a bitch. God, if I didn’t love you so much, I’d punch you at least six times a day.”

Sean gawked at us, not really sure what to say. I think it was weird for him to see an old friend so close with a new friend, especially since he didn’t even know the said friends knew each other.

While Norman finished his cigarette, I gave Sean a sympathetic smile and started spinning a little, loving the way my dress spun, too. “So what have you been up to? I hear you’re somewhat of a big shot now.”

Sean rolled his eyes. “Uh huh. And who told you that horseshit?”

Norman snorted, and the smoke rushed out his nose. “Fucking liar. He’s doing all kinds of cool shit.”

“Nothing as cool as winning the fucking zombie apocalypse, I assure you,” Sean disagreed.

“We’re not winning,” Norman said, and he smirked a little. “Shit, man, I’m lucky I’m still alive!”

I scoffed. “I’ll be lucky to not get eaten episode two.”

“I won’t let them eat you,” Norm promised, and he shot me a lopsided grin. “Though I’m sure you’d make excellent barbeque.”

“Let’s avert the topic away from eating me and figure out where we’re going,” I decided, and I snuck a peek over at Sean.

He didn’t look mad about the smoking, not anymore. It was back to a bit horrified, and even sad. I didn’t really understand it, but if I had a guess, he was probably reading more into Norm and me than there really was.

That boy.

Norman threw the butt of his cigarette down and used the toe of his boots to put it out. “What do you say we head to Stella’s place ‘til she gets home?”

My eyes widened. “Thank God. I’m terrified. Did you see her next door neighbor? He looked like he was gonna ransom me for crack money when I walked by earlier.”

“No one’s gonna ransom you for crack money,” Sean assured me, though he was laughing at me. Really hard, actually.

Norman nodded. “Remember? He’s a fucking ninja. We’re so safe right now.”

Hearing him say this surprised me a bit. I hadn’t really thought about it, but I actually did feel pretty safe. In the middle of New York, after the sun had set, I felt safe.

I looked at Sean. “What are you driving?”

Norman pouted. “You’re leaving me again? I thought we were friends.”

“We’re friends, Normy,” I promised, and I gave him a really tight hug to help reassure what he already knew. “But I haven’t seen him in forever.”

“Well neither have I!”

“But it’s different,” I said, and I stuck my tongue out at him. “You live in the same city. I live in Tennessee.”

Sean scoffed. “We live in the same building.”

My eyes widened. “Seriously? How the fuck has the place not been burnt to the ground yet?”

“I just got back!” Norman exclaimed.

“Well, fuck you,” I said, and I stuck my tongue out at him before very quickly grabbing Sean’s arm. “I’m riding with him.”

“No, I’m riding with him!” he protested, and he grabbed his other arm.

Sean smirked. “Now, guys, I know you all want some of this, but let’s talk this out. No need to rip my arms off.”

“You’re being ridiculous,” I informed Norman, who’s eyes narrowed. “You have your car here. You can’t ride with him.”

He pulled his keys out of his pocket and threw them at me. Instead of being pegged in the face with them, I let go of Sean’s arm to grab them.

Norman practically jumped into Sean’s arms. “Ha! He’s mine! You can drive my car.”

I threw the keys on the ground. “I’m not fucking driving here! No, no, Normy. Get your keys, get in your car, and we’ll follow you to Stella’s.”

Norman pouted the entire time he spent slowly picking up his keys, dragging his feet to his car, dramatically looking back at us . . . .

“I guess I’ll see you guys around.”

“Oh, stop being a fucking pussy and get in the fucking car,” Sean ordered, and Norman just looked crushed. Like Sean had stomped around on his heart and laughed while he did.

I stuck my tongue out at him. “Ha. He loves me more.”

“Always chasing after the fucking pussy!” Norman yelled at him when he got to his car and opened the door. It made me laugh whereas Sean was wide eyed and surprised Norm had said it.

Cause why the hell not? He’s Norman fucking Reedus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Life Like This by the Maine (still love this band more than I probably should...) is the song lyrics in the description. :)

So, I realized that I posted chapter 4, but no 3.

Whoops. x3

Well, I fixed it now. So enjoy? :)