‹ Prequel: Always
Status: in progress

Situation Overload

Here we are now, entertain us, I feel stupid and contagious

"Annulment denied, please file for legal divorce."
"No! We NEED this annulment! I NEED THIS ANNULMENT! You have to understand, Jack and I were never a couple, he's a homosexual!" Sally yelled desperately, enraged by the current predicament.
"Ma'am, we cannot issue an annulment in this circumstance. Your marriage was totally legal, you consummated it (evident at least in the two children), neither were drunk at the time of the marriage, it was not forced, you were not pregnant by another man when you married and neither had or have a potentially life threatening sexually transmitted disease. File for divorce, or we can assign a marriage councillor if you wish to work on your relationship." The judge explained.
"He committed adultery!"
"Unfortunately ma'am affairs are growing all the more common, and although it is understandable that they can cause much upset and distress, we cannot issue an annulment for every act of fornication. I'm going to have to ask you to leave now, alert the receptionist if you wish to reconsider your marriage." The judge stood up, and motioned towards the door. Jack rose from his seat and headed over to the exit. He didn't mind having to file for divorce, it made no difference to him as he didn't have such strong beliefs about having a 'bond with God' after marriage, and of course he didn't see homosexuality as a sin or anything.
"B-but, he uh, HE DOES DRUGS!" Sally blurted out, Jack turned, and gave her none other than a "what the actual fuck?" look, which, surprise surprise, she blatantly ignored. The scribe continued to type furiously, and the judge furrowed his brow.
"You do realize that is a very serious accusation, ma'am, which, in this particular state could land Mr Barakat with a sizeable fine, thus probably taking away any money he could want to pass on to, or spend on, his children, then making it increasingly difficult for you to run the family alone? Would you like to carry this accusation forward?" Sally narrowed her eyes at Jack, and nodded firmly, not breaking her cold stare. Jack couldn't understand why she'd want to lie about something he could prove wrong just by pissing in a test tube. Maybe she genuinely thought him to be an addict.. Nah, she wouldn't have settled down with him if she thought that. She probably considers it sinful.
"Okay then, Mr Barakat I'm going to have to ask you to return tomorrow, where various drug tests will be taking place, as long as you give consent, considering if you do not give consent without good reason, we will not hesitate to assume you have something to hide, and therefore we reserve the right to take this to the official state court for a drug trial. Tomorrow at 4pm, Mr Barakat?" Jack nodded, more than anything he was pretty pumped about getting to prove Sally wrong, she'd seriously grown to piss him off. He felt like he was back at high school, it was exactly like the time he was framed for setting off fireworks in the toilets after a school trip to a market place at the start of November. He got out of it because he got fucking security camera proof that he hadn't even entered the toilets that day. Jack never took anybodies shit.

That night, Alex and Jack slept on the couch at Jack and Sally's house. They would've slept at Alex's, but Jack didn't want to end up losing the house in all this, and he knew if he left to spend a night elsewhere, Sally would have his bags packed overnight, and would leave them on the goddamn porch. He already felt like he was knuckling under by giving up the bed.

Sharing the couch with Alex was a little cramped, but it was sweet, and neither minded. They both slept so much better in one another's arms anyway.

When Jack woke up, Alex was no longer beside him, and, from the water he could hear upstairs, he had reason to believe the other man was showering. On the coffee table stood a mug of freshly made, piping hot tea, minimal milk, one sugar. Just the way he liked it. It didn't sound as if anyone else was up yet, and it's not like there actually was anyone else in the household that would make him a cup of tea, so he mentally thanked Alex as he took a sip of the hot beverage.

And damn.

It was fucking good tea.

The best he'd ever had, yes, he would definitely go as far as to state that. Mhmm, Alex was a fucking genius.

Jack and Alex spent most of the day relaxing and watching TV. Alex was drawing pictures with Dean and Mikaylah until Sally swooped in and took them away, afraid they'd 'catch the homosexual' or whatever. People could honestly be so backwards sometimes.

At half three, Alex made Jack get off his lazy ass and attend his drug test, but Alex realised he didn't want to stay home with Sally, and so decided to go with.

Jack pulled into the car park, pushed open his door, and jogged around to the other side to open the door for his lover. Jack then pulled Alex into a slow and lustful kiss as they leant against the car. It was agonisingly slow for Alex, almost drowsy and lethargic. Jack was never like this, but it was calming in a way. Alex momentarily questioned if there could be anything wrong with the man, but dismissed it quickly, given the fact he'd been with him practically all morning. It almost made both men forget about everything else going on, but then it didn't, because Jack's alarm went off from his phone, making him aware that he was in fact meant to be inside at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
shitty filler