‹ Prequel: Always
Status: in progress

Situation Overload

Even hell can get comfy once you've settled in

Jack spent his first two days confined to his 'bedroom', with a mute guy, named Joe, who, by no fault of his own, did make it rather difficult to engage in conversation. Jack was going mad, the only silence he could bare was that that occasionally fell between him and Alex, and of course he actually treasured the silence in Sally's company, she never shut up!

On the third day, he was allowed out his room and into the social area, and damn he wished he'd never left.

"So, Jack, I'll introduce you to some people I think you'll like." Announced Holly. It made sense, he needed a tour, and meeting some people shouldn't be that bad. Maybe it'd even distract him from what he was being framed for in the outside world, and from the man he dearly missed. He knew it was dumb, they'd been separated for mugh longer previously, but every time it got harder. "Ah. Oliver, meet Jack." Jack's ears pricked up at the name. Of course he was aware that Oliver Sykes, the man responsible for the deaths of his boyfriend's family, and for some serious mental scarring for the surviving, wasn't the only Oliver, but, when Jack's eyes met the other man's, and that familiar sadistic smirk spread across the other man's face, Jack knew, and Jack bolted.

"Jack! Open the door this instant! It was very rude of you to run away from Oliver, in order to be accepted into the ward community, you must be polite and friendly. If you cannot learn simple manners we will keep you here longer, and confine you more often. Is that clear?" Holly explained through the door of Jack's room, of which he was pushed up against the other side.
"Confine me! Confine HIM!!" Jack yelled through the door.
"Hol, don't worry, I'm not offended, we all know how tough it is to settle into a new place, I'm sure our friend Jack here just needs a little time." Jack could almost here the sickly sweet 'innocent' smile plastered onto Oli's face.
"Awh Ol! You're so mature, we're all very proud of your progress here." Progress??? He's a fucking serial killer! Jack thought, unable to believe that Oliver Sykes was actually favoured in this insane captivity Jack had begun to refer to as hell. But worse. Everything was slightly worse than alright, which meant bearable, but then he saw Oli, and in those five minutes, it went from limbo, to purgatory, to hell.

Alex stayed at his own apartment, and went to work as normal, but he did miss Jack. He still found it weird that he'd gone 8 years without him, and 10 years previously, in fact they'd spent more time apart than together, when it seemed so hard to manage a few weeks. When he and Jack were separated, it wasnt that they didn't miss one another, they did, but they pushed it away, with the thought 'you'll never see him again', but now, Alex just wanted to get married, adopt, parent, and grow old with the man. Yeah. That's what he wanted, and it seemed as though Sally, and this whole drugs trial and mental institution that Alex wasn't allowed to visit, were all just things getting in the way. Almost as if the universe wanted to make him wait. But Alex was growing impatient, he felt like he deserved to get what he wanted, especially after everything he's been through. He regrets nothing more than leaving Jack at the alter. Imagine how different things would've been.

"Hello? Gayska- uhm, Gaskarth here."
"Hey! It's Sal! I was just letting you know, seeing as you, er, are kind of a family friend, it's Dean's birthday party on Sat! Wanna come? The kids love spending time with you." Alex was incredibly perturbed by this sudden eruption of a southern accent through the phone line. She was the last person he'd been expecting, given that she'd pretty much openly stated she hates him because he's gay.
"Uhm, are you sure you want me there?"
"Well, Dean does, and it's his birthday. 10 okay?" Sally pushed.
"Yeah. Yeah it'll be really nice to see them again." Alex said, but he was doubtful of his own words. He'd go out of politeness. And hell, maybe being civil towards the opposition might help him and Jack gain 'points'.

The night had settled in early, and when Alex pulled up outside the house, it was near pitch black outside. He'd shown up slightly late, not wanting to seem too eager.

There was no one there. Alex was invited in by Sally, and the house was empty.

"Where's Dean? and the guests?"
"In bed..The party was 10 this morning..? Did you really think a young boy would have a party at 10pm? Oh you are funny!" Alex mentally slapped himself, of course he should've thought of that earlier.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I'll get out of your hair." Alex turned to leave.
"No no! Stay! Have a drink! What would you like?" Sally grinned, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she led Alex into the living room, and she stood by the door, waiting for an answer.
"Uhm, anything is good."
"Alright! Be right back!"

---***___---***___---

"Morning." Sally placed a kiss on Alex's lips, as light began seeping through the windows. Alex sat up straight.
"Fuck." He looked beneath the sheets; "Shit fuck. No. No. How could I have done this fu-ARRRHH SHIT!" A sudden sharp pain stabbed at his head, and he collapsed backwards, groaning in utter agony.
"Think you drunk too much, babe." Sally swung her perfectly toned legs over the side of the bed, and walked into the ensuite bathroom, making no attempt to cover her body. Alex remained in bed, pulling the sheets over his head, in the desparate attempt to hide from his mistakes.
♠ ♠ ♠
more shitty filler sorry

title credit- hospital for souls by bmth