‹ Prequel: Always
Status: in progress

Situation Overload

Ain't it fun?

"Oh yeeeaahh!! It was amaazzzeeee. I touched his, he touched mine. It was the CRAZIEST thing! Whoaa. I loved it. I already blogged about it, but yeah, tell EVERYONE. Okay babes. Talk soon! Love yah!" Alex heard Sally's shrill voice on the phone to one of her presumably bitchy friends, he felt his face burning, and his gut was eating itself from the inside out due to guilt. Nothing could possibly ever find this okay. He heard the shower switch on, and decided this would be a great time to leave and never ever return.

In the ward, Jack had to leave his room for food, and intended to make the trip as short as fucking possible, but as luck would have it, in the three minutes of time Jack had allocated for consuming his meal, Oliver Sykes had manage to plonk himself down, opposite Jack.

"Y'alright Jack?" Asked Oli, incredibly nonchalantly.
"What since you ruined my fucking life? Not particularly!"
"Oooh. Feisty. Love it. How's thing number 2?"
"Probably completely on edge, as he's separated from me indefinitely, for what seems like the billionth time our life-time. We don't like to be apart, not when we've just been fooled into believing that this time we're together for the long run. I mean, I can barely cope, and I tell you now he's probably at home straightening up all the furniture and ordering our reciepts. He won't be relaxing, that's for sure. I hate the fact that I'm the cause of some of his anxiety." It all just flowed out, and to be frank Jack hadn't quite realised how much he'd been keeping inside. He had to admit, it felt good to release his emotions, despite who was on the recieving end.
"Ah, Gaskarth always was a tad pedantic."
"He's not pedantic, he's..-"
"Pedantic." Oli confirmed. Jack rolled his eyes, but accepted that the description was pretty accurate. Alex had gotten better, much better, since high school. But with shit like that, there's always the opportunity for it to return.

It happened astonishingly quickly. Faster than turning off a light. Yet if you wish for a deep and ever-so meaningful analogy, perhaps you can decipher one relating to darkness, and how what I'm about to tell you really did plunge Jack into pitch black.

Oli kissed Jack. Oli's surprisingly smooth and moist lips, were moulding with Jack's hard and cracked ones. The worst part is the fact that Jack didn't pull away. He missed contact, yes, but he equally knew that he most definitely didn't want contact with a murderer, that escaped his sentence for some 'mental condition'.

"Awhh, told you they'd hit it off!" Jack heard one of the staff call to another; he was too engrossed in the kiss to notice who.

He was so aware that he didn't want this. But he couldn't stop himself. Hands were tangled in hair, others sliding beneath shirts, and Oli was more or less balanced precautiously in Jack's lap. It didn't work, they didn't fit, it was kind of awkward, and too much aggression was being contrbuted by both men, but Jack liked it.

"Hello, it's Alex Gaskarth here, I was just wondering if uh, you could tell me what your visiting policy is?" Alex called the ward the minute he returned to his comparatively grotty home.
"You can visit between 3 and 5pm on all days of the week, as long as you call beforehand and let us know who you intend to visit. Depending on the state of the patient, we will alert you as to where you must spend the visiting time. Is there someone you'd like to visit?"
"Yeah, uh, Jack Bassam Barakat, please. Later today." Alex was already sweating about having to admit to his deeds, but he knew it'd be better for Jack to hear it from him than from one of Sally's gossip-girls.
"Alrighty then. Jack's been progressing just perfectly, you can spend time with him wherever. Would you like us to let him know to expect you?"
"Uh, no, no it's alright. I'll surprise him. Thanks for your time, see you later." And Alex hung up, already trying to concoct a speech that made him sound least like a selfish-sex-crazed-asshole. It wasn't working.

Alex showered, and wore his best pair of jeans, and a greenday shirt, because yeah, he was now a grown man, but he wasn't going to abandon his ace taste in punk music.

"Hi, I'm Alex, here to see Jack." Alex introduced himself, nervously wiping the already-formed sweat from his hands. He was directed towards Jack's room, where he was assumed to be.

Jack opened the door, and didn't quite believe what (who) was stood in front of him. Jack pulled him into a warm embrace, and kissed him firmly. Secretly wishing that he could reverse the kiss with Oli, and replace it with this, a kiss so much more natural, and perfect.

Jack pulled Alex onto his bed, he needed this, and honestly he was thankful Alex was here, because earlier (don't kill him for this) he'd actually contemplated going over to Oli's room.

Shirts were shed, and bruises were painted onto Alex's neck almost instantly. Neither wanted to break the passion with the bad news that they both in fact had cheated, one more than the other, but equally, they were both finding it increasingly difficult to push it to the back of their minds, the guilt shrouding their minds.

"Hiya Alex! Loving this no locked doors policy right?! How's life?" Their moment was interupted by the loud mouthed Oliver Sykes, who scared the living shit out of Alex, who of course, had absolutely no clue he would be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SHITTY IT IS UNREAL and also title cred- paramore, aint it fun + there is an escape the fate reference in here somewhere