Status: Complete

My Influential Person in My Life

My Influential Person In My Life

Alex, my boyfriend, is the one I go to when I feel bad. I go to him when I feel like life is suffocating me. I over think, my mind is constantly filled with black thoughts, but Alex is simple. He tells me to calm down, he wraps me up in his warm hold, and it reminds me that I have him. He's my rock.
Don't get me wrong, he's not exactly the most stable. He's fifteen and still has a lot to experience, not that he hasn't already. He's very understanding of what I go through, yet he's got so much to learn. One day he'll grow to be a wonderful man and hopefully my husband, even though he's a perfect boyfriend now.
I love everything about him, even his most irritating qualities such as: inability to pay attention when I talk, all his flirtatious girl friends, his selfishness, inability to keep a promise, and other common relationship kinks. What really makes all of the hardships worth it is the sparkle in his beautiful, bright blue eyes when he looks at me, the way his strong fingers tickle my knee to cheer me up, the way he talks to me like I'm fascinating, or the way he's afraid to lose me that he even tears up a little (don't tell him I told you), and the way he treats me like I'm fragile and delicate like he's afraid to break me.
He's really a beautiful and kind soul. It's one of those situations where once you fall for them, everything about them becomes beautiful. His eyes, his freckles, and his smile all just make me feel like I'm on a cloud. He's pretty much as tall as me, but you can bet that he definitely boasts about that extra inch he has. It's not like he has a big ego, though. Honestly, I think it's quite the opposite. He feels bad about himself often and tries to hide it behind a mask. He's so unsure of himself, so he tries to be what anyone wants him to be. It's taught me not to be afraid of being myself. I want to be a better me, so I can help him be who he really is.
Alex and I became friends through a common acquaintance. I remember the first time I saw him. He was walking with our friend across my old apartment's parking lot. I think my heart dropped when I saw him though. He had long hair, and he was quite a bit shorter. Then again it was two years ago when I still lived there. We have plenty of memories at those apartments. We snuck out, swam at night, and had good times. It wasn't until later that I officially met him. Our friend asked me to hang out, so I snuck out to hang out in some kind of tax office's parking lot right next door. When I met him and their friend, who was obviously flirting with Alex, I thought to myself that I felt okay around them. I had fun that day, even with their crude jokes and stupid antics. I didn't think at all about how young he was, I knew I wanted him as my friend. He just gave me that vibe that made me feel comfortable.
We hung out a lot over that summer. Alex, our friend (my boyfriend at the time), and I felt like a trio. My ex-boyfriend often treated me bad though, and guess who I went to? My best friend Alex! It turned into more than friends, which I ignored until my ex broke up with me. Alex and I dated for a few weeks, before I made a huge mistake which hurt him really badly. We were barely friends after that, and eventually I began to feel more lost than ever. I went back to him, and we did it right that time. We fell in love for real and our feelings were stronger than ever. That's why I left. I thought he deserved so much better. I loved him, so I let him go.
I tried to be friends after that. It was hard. He was upset and didn't talk to me much, mostly due to his lack of communication. Soon enough, I got over myself and went back. He was a little reluctant and a little resentful. Who wouldn't be? I know I am towards a few of my ex's. I convinced him I was serious this time, and now we've been together for almost five months. I've never felt so comforted just by someone's existence in my life. He's sweet, caring, and definitely the one I need to help me through life. I feel everyday with him is a gift, even the days we argue. I love him, and I know he loves me. The best way to describe him and his influence on me would be he's my lifeline. He's saved me more times than I can count.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it sucks, but hey so do college classes.