Status: no smut warning, all fluff

Why My Little Monalisa Told a Lie

One shot

I woke up with a huge smile on my face, today is 28th birthday and I was really looking forward to spending it with the one person I loved most, that and the fact that I was excited to see what people would get me.

My smile dropped though when I noticed that Mike wasn't sleeping next to me like he usually would. Maybe he's making me a birthday breakfast! I quickly jumped out of bed threw on a pair of boxers and and headed out the door.

The house was quiet which was strange because Mike always made a lot of noise no matter what he was doing.

"Mike?" I entered the kitchen saw it was empty, the whole house was empty. Where's he gone? I was about to leave the kitchen when I noticed a note on the fridge.

'Gone to the music shop, be back around 5. Love you'

I stared at the note as sadness filled me, it was just a normal note, one he'd leave for me any other day but today wasn't just any other day. Has he forgotten my birthday?

I screwed the piece of paper up and threw it across the room as I felt tears well in my eyes. I'm really sensitive, I know that, but how could he forget? I reminded him yesterday! Or maybe I'm just overreacting, I tend to that sometimes. I sighed deciding to just forget about it and go for a shower instead.

After my shower, I sat in the room playing around with my guitar and answering phone calls I got from my family who wanted to wish me happy birthday. At least they hadn't forgotten.

"Tony!" I heard a shout from downstairs and I knew instantly that it was Jaime.

"Music room!" I shouted back and a moment later I heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs before he appeared in the doorway.

"Happy birthday man!" he shouted and ran towards me, attacking me in one of his famous bear hugs. I laughed and tried to squeeze out of his tight hold.

"Thanks jaime" I smiled when he finally let go.

"Vic says happy birthday he's coming tomorrow" jaime said. I nodded my head remembering that Vic had gone away to write new songs.

"Anyways I got you this" he held out a small bag and sat on the floor in front of me as I took it.

"Aww,you didn't have to get me anything" I smiled although I was secretly happy he had.

I looked inside the bag and my face instantly started to heat up at what was inside.

"Jaime! Oh my god why?" I pulled out a handful of condoms.

"They're ribbed for you pleasure" he smiled and winked at me before laughing. He'd gotten me a bag full of different types of condoms, I couldn't stop the blush on my face as I thought about using them with Mike.

"So you wanna play?" I asked trying to change the subject, jaime stood up and took his guitar and we started messing around with different tunes.

Jaime left after making a sandwhich, he was here for about 3 hours and in that time we managed to watch a movie, dance around to music and even paint a picture on A3 paper. Jamie is really childish and I guess he brings out the immature side of me too.

I looked at the clock for the fifth time pulled out my phone when I saw it was just 10. I've been all alone for most of the day and Mike hadn't even bothered to call me, I was hoping that he hadn't forgotten my birthday and was just pretending so he could surprise me later but now I was certain he had.

I sent Mike a message asking him if he'd forgotten anything, I didn't want to make it easy for him by just telling him.

I felt tears well up in my eyes again and I wiped them away before they could fall and headed upstairs to get ready for bed. I was angry at him but I was more upset than angry so I wasn't going to wait up for him.

I lay in bed just staring at the ceiling, I had tried to sleep but it just wasn't happening. I was worried about Mike and wondering whether he was okay or not, he'd said he'd be back at five but it's now past midnight and he still hadn't called or texted me yet. I grabbed my phone from beside the bed and dialled his number, I didn't care that he'd forgotten my birthday anymore I just wanted him to come home and to know that he's safe.

I called his number again when he didn't answer and then a few more times when it went to voicemail. I left him a message on his phone telling him to call me and to come home then I lay in bed waiting.

I don't know how long I was lying there for but it seemed like hours until I heard someone whispering my name. I tensed and stayed still, listening for the voice again.

"Turtle?" I relaxed when I realised it was Mikes voice, I sat up quickly and got to my knees so I was the right height to pull him to me.

"Where were you?" I asked him whilst hugging him tightly, he laughed and pulled me away so I could see his face.

"I'm sorry, I went out to get your present but they'd sent it to the wrong store so I had to drive two towns over to get it but then when I got there I had to wait for ages because they couldn't find it" he said getting angry.

"Shh" I placed my hands on his shoulders and squeezed them lightly so he would calm down. "I was really worried about you" I frowned

"I'm sorry, I didn't wanna answer your calls in case you asked me where I was" he sad sitting next to me on the bed and taking his shoes off.

"Well where were you?" I asked confused as at why he didn't want me to know where he was.

"I was getting your present" he simply answered and turned to kiss my cheek, I was about to ask him what he'd gotten me when he stood up and got down on one knee.

"Mikey?" I felt butterflies rise in the pit of my stomach, oh my god! Oh my god! Is he going to...

"Turtle- I mean Tony" he laughed and I laughed at his mistake. Oh my god I can't believe he's going to propose!

Tears welled in my eyes for the millionth time that day as I looked down at the eyes of the person I loved.

"Will you marry me?" he asked nervously and I flung my arms around his neck whilst telling him yes over and over again.

"Yes! Of course I will!" I cried as I couldn't stop the tears from falling happily down my cheeks.

"I love you Mikey, of course I'll marry you" I smiled

"I love you too babe" He smiled and slid a single diamond ring onto my finger, it may have looked simple but you could tell it was all pure and was very expensive.

Mike kissed my lips and pushed me back gently until I was lying in the bed with him on top of me.

"Happy birthday my little turtle" he whispered before kissing me again and then breaking away to pull of my shirt thus beginning one of the best nights of my life.