Status: Active

The Letters

April 30, 2003

Dear Gus,

I just want to thank you so much for babysitting my two little girls tonight. I have to pick up some extra shifts at the restaurant due to my wife, Pam being in the hospital. Anyway I just want to leave behind some instruction for you.

Hannah is the eldest at 8 years old. She’s extremely cautious so it might take a while for her to warm up to you. But I assure you, if you ask her to do something or make her feel like a “big girl,” she’ll open up. Hannah’s definitely a responsible little girl so I’m not too worried about her.

My little girl, Maggie, on the other hand is six years old. She’s profoundly deaf. It might be hard to communicate with her verbally since she won’t understand you and her voice takes a while to get used to. She’ll probably try to force you to play Barbie with her the minute you walked in the house. She’s definitely loud and flashy. I’ve left some papers and crayons beside this note in case you need to tell her something. Hannah should be able to help interpret for you too.

There’s some leftovers in the Fridge for dinner. Just heat it up in the microwave and serve it.

Thank you,

Steve
P.S. In case of an emergency… please call me at 215-342-3453
♠ ♠ ♠
This story will be in letter format!