Status: Active

The Letters

June 3, 2003

Hi Gus,

I’m writing to you from Lewes, Delaware. Daddy said that it is the first town of United States! I’m sad that I moved away from Philadelphia and you. But I really like it here. There’s lots of beaches here so I can go swimming and play in the sand.

I also made Daddy promise me that he will help me send you letters from here to Philadelphia!

Summer is here so I don’t have first grade until August. Daddy says that I’m a lot smarter than most kids my age because I read a lot. From the closed captioning on the television. And from reading lots of books.

But I told Daddy that it was because of you. You taught me a lot. Daddy laughed and then smiled. Mommy got a new job in Rehoboth as a chef at a fancy restaurant. She seems a lot happier because she is making food for people again. Daddy also got a new job too but he works at night. Daddy says that he works at nights so he can take care of me and Hannah during the days while Mommy’s at work.

I got a whole room to myself and a BIG house too! Daddy says he’s going to build a playhouse in the backyard. It’s so much bigger than my old home in Philadelphia!

I miss you a lot!

Love,
Maggie

P.S. My birthday is coming soon! I will turn SEVEN!