Status: Active

The Letters

June 5, 2003

Dear my little sister,

I’m writing to you from the same place I’ve always been in Philadelphia. I’m also really sad that you moved away! I miss our walks home from school. But I’m glad that you like it there in Lewes. I heard that Rehoboth has one of the most beautiful beaches in United States.

We will both start a new school in August! I’m going into my first year of high school! It’s funny. My mom, the other day, was saying that I was very compassionate. I told her that I learned compassion from you! You’ve taught me so much. I still have closed captioning on my television and I haven’t been able to bring myself to turn it off. I feel like if I turn it off, it’ll really hit me that you’re not here anymore.

I hope your mom is doing a lot better. Change can be a dangerous thing for people with a bipolar disorder. So be careful.

Are you going to paint your room pink? I can’t wait to see your new room and your new house.

I miss you a lot!

Love,
Gus

P.S. I’m coming to your birthday party!
♠ ♠ ♠
Please note that I added the date on the top. Its not too obvious because I don't want it to be a crucial part of the story line. But I added dates for those who needs it to understand the timeline.