Status: Active

The Letters

June 23, 2003

Hi Gus,

I have a new babysitter. I don’t like her very much. Her name is Jamie and she is much older than you. I think she’s twenty two. Daddy says that his new job likes him very much that they want to make him the head chef. This makes me happy because maybe Mommy and Daddy can stop fighting about money. But I’m also sad because I see my daddy less. Now Hannah and I have to be babysat by Jamie.

Jamie is really strict and won’t let me get loud or run inside. She won’t play Barbie with me. All she does is watch daytime shows. She calls them soap operas which really confuses me. I don’t see any singing soaps on the TV. I really wish that you can come and babysit us for a while.
But daddy just built a new playhouse in the backyard! I love it very much! It has a ladder so you can climb up like a treehouse and a slide. It even have monkey bars and swings. Mommy said that if we have leftover paint from our room, Hannah and I can paint our playhouse! Anna and I play outside all the time in the playhouse with our Barbies!

Did you know that Anna has her OWN Barbies! It’s really cool! I wish you can be here. I think it’s really pretty here! There’s a lot of farm land around me. Daddy says that there’s cornfields and soybeans fields. I have an old barn in the backyard too! Mommy says that there used to be horses here at my house! So sometime Anna and I play in the barn and pretend we’re cowgirls! Maybe you can play cowboy with us.

I miss you a lot!

Love,
Maggie