Status: Active

The Letters

July 18, 2003

Hi Gus,

Today you left. I got really sad but then I did what you told me to do in my birthday card. I held on my locket and thought of all the fun things we did this past week. I thought about how you met Anna and we all signed together. Then we played cowgirls/ cowboys in the barn. You went to the beach with me and played in the water with me. We made a really big sandcastle. Bigger than me! I remember when you first tried crabs. You loved it but you didn’t know how to open the crab. It made me laugh.

Then I was happy again! Mommy said that I can’t lose my locket because it is very expensive and important. Just like my hearing aids! Oh and I have to get new ear molds too! Mommy says that my ears are growing too fast for my body! My hearing aids rings a lot but Mommy said that my ear molds are too small and that’s why it’s ringing a lot. I think this time my ear molds are going to be BLUE!

Anna said that her mommy is making her do the CI surgery. Daddy said that CI stands for cochlear implants. It sounds really scary. They are supposed to open up your head and put magnet in it. Like the thing that sticks on the fridge. Daddy said that CI doesn’t always work and sometimes it doesn’t help people who can’t hear like me. He said that if you get a CI, you can never wear hearing aids again. I don’t like that. I want to have BLUE hearing aids. I’m really scared for Anna.

I miss you a lot!

Love,
Maggie