Status: Active

The Letters

July 22, 2003

Hi Maggie,

I was very sad to leave. But hopefully I’ll come back sooner than later. I did have a great time! It was very nice to meet your new friend Anna and play with you guys in the barn or at the beach. I find it quite funny that Anna’s convinced she’ll be a mermaid when she grows up. Are you going to let me know when she start sprouting out fins? I’d like to know her secret since I’m obsessed with crabs now. Oh MY GOD! Maryland Blue Crabs are just delicious! I’d gladly become a merman if it means I can eat crabs for the rest of my life.

Your mommy is right about your locket though. I’ve nearly spent all of my babysitting allowance that I’ve saved over the last few months to get that locket for you. I wanted you to have something that would mean something to you. I like the color Blue a lot and think that the color blue would totally bring your eye color out! You’re my little blue-eyed angel.

But you must remember that mommies and daddies try to have their children’s best interests at heart. Maybe Anna’s mom thinks that it would be better for Anna to have CI while your parents don’t. Maybe Anna has a different type of deafness that CI might help her more than it would help you. It’s okay for you to be scared but you must remember that Anna’s probably more scared than you. So you should be nice to her and keep playing mermaids or cowgirls.

I miss you a lot!

Love,
Gus
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait guys!!! I was on spring break! I promise I'll be posting at least one chapter daily. <3