Sequel: Folie à Deux

From Under the Cork Tree

Three

I jumped up right with his phone in my hand and immediately dropped it into his lap and slapped him across the face. Pete laughed as his head turned to one side from the smack. I could feel Andy and Rae looking over at us, and then Rae asking what he did.

I glared at Pete once he looked back at me with a shit eating grin, "You put your hands on me again, I'll make sure you will never get to hold your junk, let alone play an instrument again, you understand?"

He still grinned, "I like 'em feisty."

"Pete, dude," Andy spoke up, "leave her alone, she didn't do anything to you."

"Thank you, Andy," I said nicely, then glared right back at Pete, who winked just then, "you know, that eye of yours is looking pretty tempting, I wanna jab it out of your fucking socket."

Pete, there was no way of knocking out his smirk and grin, "I agree. Do what you need, gorgeous."

I held the dull end of the eyeliner close to his right eye, "You don't wanna fuck with me, Pete, I will hurt you."

"It's true," Rae said, "you should've seen what she did to Nikki Sixx."

In that instance, Pete's smile fell away, he looked more excited than mischievous, "Y-you know Nikki Sixx?"

"Yes," I was slightly confused now, "why?"

"I'm a huge Mötley Crüe fan," he said, grinning again.

I rolled my eyes, "Good for you."

"Hey, what did you do to him?" Pete asked eagerly.

"They played Russian roulette with knives," Rae said, laughing.

"I don't think that's what it's called," I pushed Pete's head back, "keep your eyes open."

I began to apply the eyeliner, Pete mumbling about telling him what we did while I did so; "Rae, you tell him," I finally said.

"Nikki Sixx was tryna ask Angel out on date, and she kept saying no, then he came up with a compromise," Rae giggled while I shook my head at the memory. "Nikki says if Angel can manage to stab a knife between his fingers and not stab him, she won't have to go out with him, but if she misses, she has to go on one date with him."

"Lemme guess," Andy chuckled, "you stabbed him?"

I laughed, "It was an accident. I almost severed the tip of his pinky. We went on a date, and I went home to my wonderful boyfriend."

"No one messed with Angel anymore, that's for sure," Rae laughed.

Pete hadn't said a word, he just kept looking up at me and letting me finish his make up. After, he seemed more quiet than usual, which kinda confused me, but he smiled after he left my chair. Rae gave him his clothes, and he was still silent as he changed while the rest of the band and other crew came in and out talking and telling Pete to hurry up.

"I'm finished," he muttered, "but I don't wanna wear this shirt."

"What shirt do you want then?" Rae asked shortly, becoming slightly annoyed.

Pete was wearing this mint green t-shirt that was plain; "Not this."

"Well hurry up, we don't have time to bullshit," Joe grumbled.

Pete sighed and left the room; I sat down in my makeup chair, "Is he always like this?"

Patrick had his eyes glued to his Nintendo DS, "Unfortunately."

"I bet he's got one of his shirts," Andy said.

"His own shirts?" Rae questioned.

"Pete has his own clothing line," Andy informed us, "he likes the free promo."

I shook my head, laughing, "Well, ain't he a genius."

"He really is," Patrick chimed in quietly.

Pete returned wearing this black shirt with like bleach stains, making it this bright brown color, with something written on the left side of the shirt, "Ta-da!" Before I could read it, Matt called the guys out to perform the scene. Patrick shut his game off, setting it on the couch, leading the way out with Joe and Andy on his tail. Pete stayed back a bit, looking at me, opening his mouth, but Bob came in and grabbed the back of his shirt and pulling him out.

I bit my bottom lip, laughing as he was dragged out of the room like a child. Rae came over to me and nudged my side, "I think he fancies you."

"Like it isn't obvious enough."

She giggled, "He's adorable...in a disease ridden kitty kinda way."

I couldn't help but to laugh, "Yeah, he is."

Rae and I both joked around while cleaning up; the two of us never really went out to watch the musicians, we hated to be in the way, we usually just cleaned up and then we'd go and eat, or help anyone who needed it. Most of the time we ended up going and eating from the buffet, and then whatever else we found time for.

As we went to eat inside another room, we could hear the music playing off set. I danced to the music with Rae; we didn't know the words, but the chorus played over and over again, so we knew that. We had fun dancing until the music stopped; we sat down at a table and ate; a few minutes after sitting, my cellphone began to ring.

My heart fluttered when I saw my boyfriend's name pop up: Beatz. I grinned and answered, "Hey baby!"

Beatz laughed, "Hey sugar, still in the Catskills?"

I hummed, "Yep. Are you near us?"

"Not yet, the van is having break problems again."

"Aw," I pouted, "I miss you."

"I miss you too," he chuckled. "Jack, Tony 'n Nick say hey."

"Tell those jerks I miss them too."

Again, Beatz laughed, "Will do. Hey, babe, who's the band you're working with?"

"These guys called Fall Out Boy, why?"

"I knew who that's who it was. They're pretty chill dudes, we played a couple of shows with them last year."

"The bassist, Pete, is a little "cheeky" as Rae says."

"He hittin' on my lady?"

I laughed, "He tried to, but we told him what I did to Nikki Sixx."

Beatz laughed harder, "Oh shit. Did he freak?"

"Only over the fact that I know Nikki Sixx."

"The dude has guts, Lus, you gotta give 'im credit."

"Yeah, but I don't want him," I cooed.

I knew Beatz was grinning, I could see it in my head. He laughed softly, he was always laughing.

"God, I miss you," he said softly.

"I miss you too."

"This tour will be over soon," he mumbled.

"Yeah, but you guys got that Never Sleep Again tour in the fall," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but in 4 weeks, this one will done, and then me 'n you will have a few months of being together," he said, making me grin and my cheeks burn. "I love you, Lus."

"I love you too, Johnny."

He hummed, "Hey, don't hurt Pete too bad, he's a cool guy."

"I'll try not to...just for you."

"That's my girl."

John "Beatz" Holohan had been my boyfriend for a year and a half. We met at the production office; his band, Bayside, were getting ready to shoot a video. I didn't work on their set, but we did meet in the office, he asked me out and I said yes. Beatz and I hit it off fast, and it was like one of those whirlwind romances; he moved to LA from New York to be with me after 6 months. This is true love, I knew from the moment he moved in, that he was the one.

I had a few boyfriends before him that made me feel love, but Beatz was the first I fell head over heels for. He made me laugh, he made me feel invincible and I was happily in love. We talked about marriage and kids, but nothing too serious, things were still new, but I just knew that he was it.

I didn't think I could love anyone the way I loved Beatz...
♠ ♠ ♠
Bayside's self-titled album will always be in my top 5 albums, and my heart breaks every time I think about John Beatz Holohan. I got into them after fall out boy, and I'm still into them, but thinking and listening to them just makes me sad. If you guys don't know about Bayside or Beatz, you guys should google them and have a listen, I recommend Montauk or Evelyn, those are my 2 favorites.

Anyway, hope this chapter was okay, things have been so weird lately...I'll probably post a blog post about what's been going on, but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks for reading!
xxsanti