Status: Completed: 3rd October 2014

Apartment 4C

One.

Jacob Brown lived a very ordinary life.

Jacob, or Jake as he preferred, grew up in small town Abilene in Kansas, with both his parents and three older brothers, as well as the family dog. His childhood was simple but good, his dad one of the many cattle farmers and his mom as the town librarian, but he always knew he wanted to get out and see the world. While his brothers graduated high school and went straight into the farming business like their dad, Jake went to college to study English Literature, the first in his family ever to do so, picking up his mom’s passion for books. The 10 hour drive between his college of choice, the University of Chicago, and home meant he didn’t see his family much over the four years that followed, but he was happy, finally happy.

Jake was lucky enough to find a job straight out of college, having picked up the qualifications along the way to allow him to become a teacher at a local community college. And after a year of teaching experience, Jake took a job at his alma mater, teaching English Literature, staying in Chicago for good.

Luckily, he wasn’t the only young teacher at the college, and Jake ended up forming two friendships with guys that he could now classify as his closest friends. Elliot Parker, who taught Linguistics at the college, the two of them having offices in the same department wing, and Gabriel Edwards, who taught Chemistry, who needed a flatmate to be able to afford rent.

All of that has led to Jake’s current predicament.

Jake was minding his own business, innocently waiting for his clothes to finish in the dryer, just like he did every Wednesday at 8pm, casually reading a book he intended to set for one of his classes next month.

Everything changed when Jake met the new guy in Apartment 4C.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the introduction chapter to my new original slash!
It will get more exciting from here, I promise.
I just wanted to give an insight to the protagonist!
I hope you all stick around to read more, and I would love to look at your feedback!

xo