Status: Completed: 3rd October 2014

Apartment 4C

Thirty.

August. It was August already. Jake couldn’t believe how quickly time had passed, how it was already two months since he and Alfie took that trip down to Abilene after his momma’s accident. Their relationship had only grown stronger and stronger, to the point where they saw each other nearly every day and neither of them were sick of the other yet. Jake hadn’t had a relationship like this before, where everything was so intense yet so perfect, and he couldn’t even imagine Alfie not being in his life anymore. Like, when he thought about his future, Alfie was always in the picture. And he couldn’t be happier.

Since that visit to Abilene, Jake had signed up to teach his usual summer school classes at the local adult community college, like he had done every year since he’d be able to, just to keep some money coming in while his usual classes were over for the summer. It kept him busy, okay? And Alfie had taken on more shifts at the bar too, so it wasn’t like either of them were home alone.

Speaking of home…

“Alfie! Move your ass! I need to finish packing!” Jake scowled.

“We have over an hour before we’re setting off. Your momma doesn’t expect us until, like, late afternoon,” Alfie snickered.

“Doesn’t mean we should push time if we’re late because she is expecting us,” Jake retorted.

Why was he stressed? Because he and Alfie were travelling back down to Abilene for a week, to see his family again. This time it really was just to visit without the panic and sadness, so Jake was frantically trying to pack so he could relax when he was there. It didn’t help that Alfie was already relaxed, still lazing in bed completely naked while Jake rushed around.

He was incredibly distracting.

“Just chill out, Jake. Your momma said that you’re not allowed to stress about her any more, remember? She’s doing well with her prosthetic arm, even if it is only a trial,”

“I’m going to stop letting you talk to my momma on the phone if you’re not careful,”

Yeah that had been a strange moment, when he came back after work to see Alfie on the phone with his momma, chatting away like they’d been friends for years. Not that it wasn’t a good thing, his boyfriend and his momma getting along well, but it was still strange.

“You can’t break me and Betty up, we’re buddies now,” Alfie grinned.

That’s what Jake was afraid of. Jake rolled his eyes, going over to the set of drawers next to Alfie to pull out clean underwear for the week…but squealed as Alfie looped his arms round his waist and pulled him onto the bed.

“No, Alfie, I’m not finished!”

Jake trailed off with a squeak as Alfie rolled on top of him, lining up his bare body with Jake’s clothed body. Fuck. This was hot, the friction. No, he couldn’t get side-tracked like this! He had to pack!

Alfie noticed Jake’s expression and frowned. “You need to relax, Jake. And I can think of a few things that just might help,”

Jake blushed slightly as Alfie rolled his hips to prove his point, biting his bottom lip, making Alfie laugh, rolling his hips a little harder.

“You’re ridiculous, you know that right?” Jake protested half-heartedly, hands sliding around Alfie’s back.

“Yeah, I know. But I love you, so I don’t care,” Alfie grinned.

Jake inhaled sharply, eyes going wide. Alfie…Alfie loves him?

Then Alfie realised what he’d said, mouth opening and closing a couple of times before he cleared his throat.

“Um, I…”

“I love you too,” Jake interrupted.

The smile on Alfie’s lips let him know he’d said the right thing.

“Say it again,” Alfie demanded, eyes wide, pupils dilated.

“I love you,” Jake murmured.

Alfie made a desperate noise, before kissing him deeply, body melding down onto Jake’s, and Jake knew there was nowhere else he’d rather be. Alfie loves him. How could he want to be anywhere else?

But eventually, Jake needed to breathe, so he broke the kiss, Alfie just looking down at him with a goofy smile.

“Let’s get going, shall we?” Alfie said happily.

“Yeah, let’s,” Jake nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little epilogue chapter really!
And yes, this really is the end.
There won't be a sequel :( But I really have loved writing Jake and Alfie, and I hope you've enjoyed reading their story!
Thank you so much to everyone who's read, commented and supported this story - I couldn't have written it without you all!

For more info about my next writing projects, read the blog I posted today!

xo