‹ Prequel: Against God's Design
Status: Still updating

We Are Young

Torement

*Rich's POV*

"Baby, just a question...what happened to your breasts?" My boyfriend, Josh asked me as we walked to my first class.

Let's get right to it, I'm binding now. I bought a binder online on the Underwork's site. James had told me it was the safest way and that ace bandage could hurt my ribs. Not only that, James lent me some shirts that help cover me up. Thinking of James made my mind sour. I bit my lip to Josh and faked a smile while playing with my sweat shirt "I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt under this. I dunno" I lied simply.

My boyfriend gave me a skeptical look with his blue eyes and seemed to let go. I sighed after he kissed my cheek and ran off to practice.

My thoughts instantly went to James. He's given me his life story, even his dad leaving him, and...I think he didn't want to tell me. He doesn't show up at football practice to watch Cole anymore and he doesn't talk much at school. He even lied to me. James lied to me.

Ok, I asked James if he wanted to go shopping with me again, and he told me his mom needed him at home. That night, his mother called me up at my house and asked how was James and I at the mall. Something told me, James told his mom he was with me. I did cover for him. I know you're asking "why?", but he's still my friend. He wouldn't just lie to me or his MOTHER without a good reason.

I missed James and his company. Maybe he and Cole were fighting again? All I know is that, James has been acting weird for two months now. He won't talk to me, and he keeps giving me most of his clothes. Like his binders and undershirts. I don't understand. Doesn't he need them still?

James comes from a pretty mid class family, and his mom is really supportive of who we are. It took her about six months to buy him a few binders. She's a single working mom with about two jobs. And she still has to raise 17 year old, James. I don't know anything about why his dad left, and it seems about a touchy subject.

I sat on the steps of school, waiting for Cole to come out of the school and a cold breeze brushed past me.

Once Cole walks out, I jump up and say in a low voice, "Hey, Cole." Yes, I have been lowering my voice. I've been humming in lower keys and doing voice exercises twice a day.

Cole's cold eyes shot at me like daggers "What do you want, queer?" He asked through his teeth.

I flinched. Did he just call me queer? Damn, him. I brushed it off and continued, "What's up with you and James? He isn't being his usual self" I tried to say calmly.

Cole's green eyes looked full of anger. I could feel his hatred right away "It's Jamie, Racheal. Her name is JAMIE" he growled, "And Jamie is FEMALE. Not a 'he'. She. Jamie is a she."

I was taken back a bit. I didn't know Cole was so unsupportive of us, of James. Maybe that was the problem. It was Cole's attitude. I frowned "Just answer me damnit" I snapped, clenching my fists.

Cole huffed "We broke up two months ago, I don't even know why you're asking me" he stated.

My body froze. They were broken up? Oh my god! This guy hurt James...that's why he hasn't been his self. I pulled my arm back and punched him in the face. It's a good thing I've been working out lately. My hand was a bit sore, but it did the job. Cole held his face in ultimate pain "Why- what the fuck was that for?!" He raised his voice.

"You hurt him. He loved you and you broke up with him?!" I spat.

Cole gave me the most confused look "What the hell are you talking about?! She broke up with me!" He shouted. My mind went blank. James...broke up with Cole? Not the other way around? "She called me in the middle of the night about two months ago, and she sounded drunk. She said it was over and blocked my number" Cole continued.

"Oh..." Was all I could say to him.

He rolled his eyes "Now will you stop bothering me? Man I really hate queers"

I hit him one more time and stormed off. He deserved that.

What I couldn't get my head around was what was going on with James. Why was he lying? Keep things from me? And ditching me? What was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go