‹ Prequel: Against God's Design
Status: Still updating

We Are Young

You And Me At Six Baby

It's been two months. Two months, and I don't think I can I hide it from Rich. My Damien, my chest surgery, my name change, and my testosterone. He doesn't know any of it. My voice is a lot deeper now so speaking to her isn't an option. I wouldn't hesitate to tell him but...I was scared. The only ones who knew were Damie and my mother. I know Rich was like me, but I wasn't ready to tell people.

Sitting in the bathroom, I was proud. I could go into the bathroom and I felt less self conscience. I just was so proud. I've come so far to become who I wanted to be, to who I am. I got up and pulled my pants up. I rebuckled my belt and strutted out of the stall. Washing my hands, I hummed Bite My Tongue by You At Me Six. Haha DamieBear got me hooked on that band and I actually liked them. They sounded so...so me. Plus I loved all the words.

Humming to myself, a stall flies open and my eyes widen as I see Cole. These last two months I've tried to avoid him. Now here he is right in front of me. His cold eyes shot at me like bullets "What are you doing in here, Jamie? This is the boys' bathroom" Cole growled, pinning me against the cold brick wall.

I glared at him back "It's James" I said, my voice low and raspy. Usually I don't talk at school because of my voice, I wasn't ready to come out about my change. But this was another case. I know Cole, he won't talk smack about me. He never has. Cole likes to keep things to himself when it's about me.

My voice took him by surprise, and I continued on "And, yea, I know this is the boys' bathroom. I'm not stupid, Cole" I snapped. My voice was strong with no squeaks and I know it made his head spin. Cole seemed to be oblivious to everything that's happening. I was almost the same height as him and I was just buff as him. I pushed his hands off of me while smiling by his shock. He never saw this coming. My desire coming true right before his eyes.

"N...no way..." He tried to get out.

I made a small laugh "Yes, waaaay" I stated, him connecting the dots easily. I grabbed my back pack off the floor "See yea, Cole" I said, walking out of the bathroom. Once I'm out in the hall, my phone goes off. I excitedly pulled my iPhone out of my pocket and opened the main screen after putting in my password. I smile as I see it's Damie. I read it in my head as I walk to my locker.

"I have a surprise baby. Can I pick you up? -Dam"

I sigh with such happiness as I open my locker. I pull out my books as I text with one hand.

"OMG! What is it? And hell yea! I'm ready to leave this damned place"

"Ok babe ;) and it's a surprise! -Dam"

I rolled my eyes and shoved them into my backpack.

"Ok, see you then"

I put my phone back in my pocket as I put back on my back pack. I was so excited. I wonder what surprise he had planned me. I remember the one where he took me out for my birthday. A You And Me At Six concert and a key to his house.

I know we've only been together for two months but I feel it. I feel his love and his passions. I know almost everything about him. He's just...so perfect. He's had my back when it came to my transitioning. Though no one knows we're together.

Let me explain why...he's 24. Damien Brown is a 24 year old man, works for a record producing company, and I'm 17 with one job. Working at a dinner near his house. I had to pitch in for my mother. She's been falling through with money and now I'm trying to support her like she's done with me. She paid for my surgery and my T, so it's only fair. I love my mother, she's just always been there, now it's my turn.

Anyway, Damien's 24 and legal. I'm not. That's why no one knows.

Walking down the halls, my phone went off again. I pulled it out while walking and read it.

"Wanna hang out James? -Rich"

I bit my lip. I felt bad instantly. I've been lying to him for these last few months. Also to my mother. I've been telling Mom that I'm hanging out with Rich when I'm really with Damien or at work. I've been telling Rich that my mom needs me at home while I'm working or with Damien.

I slowly typed, "Can't today. Sorry Rich." I clicked send and shoved my phone in my back pocket, walking out of the building. I spot Damie's black truck and my smile reappears. I ran over to him and kissed through him the window. Stupid window. It was the only thing keeping me from kissing my older boyfriend like crazy.

Damien kissed the window with me from the other side and smiled "Get in babe" he said.

I ran to to the passenger's side and Damien unlocked my door. I opened it and hopped in. Damien smiled and kissed me on the cheek "Guess what?" He asked me with a smirk.

I play with his hair "What, Damie?" I asked back, beyond curious what he had planned.

He leaned over and kissed my forehead "We're going for a drive" Damien whispered in a low raspy voice. it sent chills up my spine because I could never get tired of hearing his voice. Never.

I began to get excited. I loved spending time with him, I always do. Just being with him makes me....like I don't have to hide. He knows everything, and still CHOOSES to be with me. He chooses to...and it makes me happy.

Damien starts up the truck, and instantly Reckless blares through the speakers. My smile makes an appearance on my face as I start singing.
♠ ♠ ♠
finished the god damn chapter.