Status: Three parts.

Lone Wolf

Meet

Remus Lupin was not the most popular Gryffindor nor did he have any desire to be, he had the four friends he needed in the form of James, Sirius, Peter and Lily. However, Remus desire to go throughout his school career without much fuss was noticed by a small group of Gryffindor’s. These Gryffindor’s were not bullies; they seem to be a tad too proud of their heritage. The group consisted of five girls and four boys, they would make the occasional underhand comment about Remus, be it his muggle mother, or be it his gaunt like appearance (this occurred during certain parts of the cycle). One of those in the group was Arabella Winchester, so it came as a surprise with Lily began inviting Arabella to the groups section during meal times, at the start of their fourth year.
The rest of his male friends said very little (they were never around when the comments were made), Lily seemed delighted with another female joining their little group, Remus was displeased with the new arrival but he kept quiet for Lily.

The grounds in Hogwarts were frosting over just in time for December to begin, it had now been two months since Arabella became a member of the group. She seemed to be fitting in well, even though Remus avoiding talking to her whenever possible. The group had just gone down to the lake on a cold morning and were returning to the castle, Arabella hurried off towards Owlery, she was expecting a letter from her parents. Sirius and James had taken to racing to the Great Hall and Peter mentioned he needed to do some studying in the library. This gave Remus the perfect opportunity to talk to Lily about Arabella.
“Can I ask a question about Arabella?” asked Remus.
Lily brushed her hair out of her face and answered, “Sure, what about Remus?”
“It just I did not know you two were friends.”
“Oh, we’ve been friends since first year, why is something wrong?”
Remus quickly shook his head, he did not want to upset anyone, “No, it’s just that I thought she was friends with the posh people.
“You mean like Lucy Kingston and Freya Archer?” Remus nodded. “She was but over the summer she said they had a falling out, I didn’t like the idea of her being on her own for the school period so I suggested she sit with us and see what happened.”
“But she isn’t that nice to some people,” continued Remus.
“Oh no Remus, those people she was friends with were not that nice but Arabella is a sweetheart, trust me, you should talk to her,” smiled Lily as she nudged her friend.
Remus was still unsure about the whole thing.

Christmas had come and gone, papers were due to be handed in. Remus was keen to get his papers done and out of the way before the next full moon which was due in a week’s time. James and Sirius were still trying to look for a way to becoming Animagus, however, they would not be joining him this full moon. Remus decided to put away the coming moon phase out of his mind as he took to reading a book in the common room, something he found peaceful. There were some students in the common room but as it grew later on the Friday evening they disappeared up to their rooms, eventually all that was left was Remus and a female student, this turned out to be Arabella.
“Remus?” asked a hesitant voice.
Remus tore his eyes from his book and glanced at the fireplace where Arabella was sat, she seemed in distress.
“Yes,” replied Remus.
“I don’t mean to be a pain but I remember Lily saying you were good at Defence Against The Darks and well I’ve got this paper that I need to do but I am struggling with it, I was wondering if I could asking for your help,” explained Arabella as she ran a hand through her messy blonde hair.
Remus paused for a moment before sighing and closing his book, “What do you need help with?”
At first Remus was annoyed at Arabella asking him for help at as the night drew into the early morning, he found himself enjoying his time with her, by the time the left the common room at two in the morning Remus had a feeling he was wrong about Miss Winchester.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the first of three parts, I will update this every two days. I've checked spelling and grammar but I sometimes miss things, if I have done, sorry. 1/3