Status: Three parts.

Lone Wolf

Trust

“She is going to be getting suspicious Moony,” warned James as he watched the two girls giggling away.
“Well what do I tell her James, ‘Hey Bell, at full moon things get funky but don’t worry my bark is worse than my bite’,” retorted Remus as he glance over at Lily and Arabella.
James sighed in defeat, Remus was being dramatic, “Just be honest with her, she is your girlfriend after all.”
“Yeah, like you are honest with Lily.”
“Hey, we are not dating!” protested James.
Remus chuckled at his friend, “Well at least she stopped calling you an arrogant toerag.”

Lily gentled patted Remus’s hand as a small encouragement just as Arabella entered the abandoned classroom. Lily gave a nod of the head to her dear friend as she left the couple alone. Arabella was not showing her smile to Remus, she had a look of concern over her pale face. This was understandable as Remus request to talk to her in private was not the most reassuring thing to be said to her.
“Remus is everything okay?” asked Arabella as she dropped her school bag next to an old desk.
Running a hand through his dark hair, Remus sighed, “Everything is fine with us, but I just have to tell you something.”
Arabella quickly reached Remus and took his hands in hers, she had not seen him properly for some days and now this talk, it only worried her. Remus took a deep breath as he guided her to a bench and sat her down.
“Whatever it is, it will be fine,” smiled Arabella. The smile that Remus got from Arabella was enough reassurance he needed as he told Arabella the story of how he was a werewolf.
Some tears later, Arabella was flooding Remus with kisses claiming that nothing changed between. However, something did change with Arabella; she was determined to find a way that made the transition less painful. Arabella was skilled with potions; she was positive that she could find something for her wolf.

Remus refused to allow Arabella to be with him during the transformation, he had James, Sirius and Peter at his side he would be safe with them. Instead, Arabella stayed in the castle working on her research for Remus. She would greet him as soon as he made it back to the Gryffindor common room. One particular phase left Remus battered and bruised, his other form was rather aggressive and his friends had to step in. Arabella shooed the three friends away as she took Remus to the Prefects bathroom where she nursed his wounds. Remus occasionally hissed as Arabella cleaned the wounds. She teased him about his lack of tolerance for pain mentioning that he did just change into a werewolf. Remus watched as Arabella but her full concentration on sorting out his injuries, moments like this made Remus heart stop even if it was only for a moment.
“Thank you,” whispered Remus.
“No need to thank me Remus,” smiled Arabella as she carefully bandaged his wrist.
Remus shook his head, “No Bell, you don’t understand, I really mean thank you for everything. You’ve been so accepting and I just can’t understand how I misjudged you.”
“Because I had horrible friends, that’s how,” replied the witty blonde.
Remus reached out and touched Arabella’s face, before gentle titling her chin up to face him.
“I love you Arabella Winchester.”
Remus watched the blush creep across those pale cheeks he loved. Arabella bit her lip to avoid the tears.
“I love you too Remus Lupin,” replied Arabella, she wasted no time in placing her soft lips upon his chapped ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
2/3