Status: Complete

Falling for the Teacher Is Never a Good Idea

Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of a shower running, which made me realize that I was still in Mr. Novak, er, Cas' room.

'Holy shit, I'm in my teacher's room!'

All I could think was that I had slept in his room, on his couch, which made me seem really hopeless and childish. I got kicked out of my own room so I had to sleep in my teachers… how belittling was that? Even worse it was a teacher who I had a huge crush on.

My eyes widened as I remembered that he'd kissed me last night. Did that actually happen? I actually kissed him. Well he kissed me, but his lips were on mine.

I didn't really know what do right then, so I looked over at the clock. If Dick was sticking to the schedule he and his friends made then he should have gone downstairs for breakfast a few minutes ago which meant that the room would be unlocked so I decided to write Cas a note that said "gone to get dressed, and etc. see you later," and left.

I really had no idea when I'd be able to talk to him next as we would be out in the city doing whatever, and I couldn't really let Dick see me talking with him unless I wanted to essentially solidify the very idea in Dick's brain that I was gay.

I walked out into the hallway carefully after looking through the peephole to make sure no one else was up and about to see me leaving my teacher's room, and when I saw that the coast was clear I hurried out down the hall. I reached my door, and felt myself silently pray before I mercifully turned the doorknob to see that the room was unlocked and accessible.

My stuff, including my clothes, were all sopping wet. The smell was definitely not toilet water or anything though, so I got lucky there that Dick had decided just to put my clothes in the shower for a spin and then back on my bed, but still, at least it wasn't toilet water or piss.

Being smarter than Dick, I had hidden a pair of clothes under my bed in case something like this happened, so I grabbed them, and then took a quick shower, after which I got dressed and went downstairs to see Dick looking a little infuriated with the fact that my clothes were clean.

"Was he expecting something else?" Charlie's voice asked in my ear, making me jump a little and turn to see her.

"What? Oh he sort of covered everything I brought in water. I hid some clothes under the bed though so I guess the jokes on him."

"You know he's going to do that again though, right?"

I sighed. She was right about that, and everything would be wrinkly for the remainder of the trip, but this time I wouldn't have any back up clothes because the only back up clothes I had, were on my back.

"If you give me a pair of your clothes I'll just keep them in my room and you can come grab them in the morning," Charlie said, so I thanked her profusely and accepted her offer.
Cas walked in at that point making me stop to look in his direction. He was still doing that thing with his face where he was attractive. I was hopelessly ugly compared to him, I knew that, he was out of my league, but it didn't stop me from getting butterflies in my stomach as I saw him.
He winked at me and then went over to sit at the table the teachers were occupying, which was really only meant to have two or three people at it but somehow they'd crammed six people around the one table.

"Was that a wink?" Charlie asked surprised.

"Yeah… he um," all of a sudden it seemed hard to tell her what had happened. It was extremely private to me, and saying it felt kind of weird, but I knew I had to tell her, "he sort of… kissed me last night."

Charlie's mouth dropped.

"Holy shit!" Charlie said after a few minutes of awe. She grabbed me by my sleeve and dragged me from the room, where I almost dropped the toast that I'd just gotten for myself. She pulled my upstairs until we were in her room.

"Alright Winchester, spill the beans. What the hell happened?"

I was really self-conscious about the whole interaction for some reason. It felt like it was just a private thing that happened between me and Cas, but I needed to tell Charlie. My brain didn't really allow for the idea of not telling her, so I just let it all pour out. I told her about Dick kicking me out, and Mr. Novak telling me to call him Cas, and how he'd kissed me and then how I'd stunned myself into sleep. None of it seemed real, looking back on it. It felt like a fantasy, or a wet dream or something more horrific. Like a prank.

"So, Mr. Novak kissed you," Charlie summed up, trying to wrap her head around what I'd just told her, "and then you just fell asleep and ditched him the next morning?"

"I had to take shower, I'm sorry! Next time I'll just wait for him and smell like sweat and BO for a day."

"Well you could've at least knocked on the bathroom door and told him in person. Or gone in."

I was scandalized by the very idea, more so than I probably should have been and said her name exasperatedly as she just smirked wickedly.

"What do I do from here?" I asked.

"I'd say you should probably go to his room again tonight. Maybe find a way to piss Dick off enough so that he decides to lock you out again."

"I may not have too, he already hates me."

"True," she said nodding, "so go to his room again tonight and bring a condom."

"Jeez, Charlie, I'm not going to do that!" I said turning bright red, "I'm not… I don't even… just no. Okay? No. No. Nononononon. No."

"Suit yourself," She said sneering mischievously.

It mortified me a little bit throughout the first few hours of that day, I was barely even aware of my surroundings which happened to include some of the most important artifacts in the entire world.
Suddenly though, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence seemed much less important than
Cas. Nothing seemed more important than Cas. I had to actually remind myself to breathe a few times. Thank god my body pumped blood of its own accord because if not I'd have forgotten to do that too.

Cas wasn't exactly making things any better. He kept giving me these looks, and it wasn't like he was giving me dirty looks or anything it was just the voice in his eyes. It was like he was screaming at me with his pupils, which made absolutely no sense. My entire body was using things incorrectly. I would've tried to see using my tongue had I been caught in that trance because I simply couldn't remember what anything was for. This through off my balance quite a bit as well so I almost fell over into Charlie a few times.

Charlie was having a laugh about it though. You could see that she was enjoying my clumsiness. She loved to tease me, and I knew that this was going to provide a lot of ammunition, but I just couldn't help myself. All I could think of was Cas.

What's the weather like? Oh I don't know but Cas is wearing dark blue jeans and they make his ass look nice.

What's the queen's name? Just look at the way Cas' eyes sparkle.

Who wrote the book 'Peter Pan'? Who cares, have you seen Cas?

What's your brother's name Dean? Cas is pretty.

That was my brain, for a good six hours. He was like the Paul McCartney to my 1960's teenage girl.
Or like the Benedict Cumberbatch to my Tumblr troll. The Stan Lee to my Marvel lovers. The Andrew Hussie to my Homestuck. The Brendon Urie to my punk-rock fandom. The Russell T. Davies to my Whovian. The AmazingPhil to my Phan.

Let the record show that even when I'm intoxicated by the beautiful presence of Castiel Novak, I am still able to make bitchin' references. I just hoped Cas wasn't the Oscar to my Leonardo Dicaprio.

Should I take Charlie's advice though was at the back of the mind all day, until we were back at the hotel. It was now or never. Stay or go? I couldn't decide anymore. I was so nervous but at the same time so excited.

Evidently sometime in the past few hours I had literally turned into a preteen girl at her first N'SYNC concert. This would be a tough decision.