Status: One shot

Realization

One

The Olympic break was something Jeff needed, a week in his town and nice relaxing vacation. He knew it was only ten days where he could relax and then he had to return to Carolina.

Jeff's plans were easy, visit his girlfriend in Toronto for a day or so and then go spend a few days with his friend James. Getting off the plane at Pearson, Jeff looked for his girlfriend and was left waiting for an hour for her. Jeff called her and called her until he found her in a Coach store, hands full with various shopping bags from different stores.

"Jeff?" She asked when she saw him and he just crossed his arms and looked at her. "What time is it?"

"About 4:30" He says looking at his clock, his plane landed at 3 o'clock. "I waited for an hour and finally find you spending our[\i] money on stupid shit from the airport?"

"Come on Jeff, money is just money and plus there's a Victoria secret here" She said and winked at him.

Unfortunately, that didn't please him at all. He shook his head, grabbed his bag and turned to walk off, hoping she'd just follow him. Which she didn't.

"Babe! let's go!" He shouts, looking back she's twirling her hair at the business lady.

He scoffs, and grabs her arm.

"Jeff!" She whines.

"I want to go and take a nap" he says and now it's her time to scoff.

"I thought you were going to come to the set and watch me film?" She asks with a pout.

"Come on babe, I want to sleep"

"Please!!" She pleads and Jeff sighs.

"Fine" He says, just to shut her up.

They arrive at the set, she gets sent to hair and make up, while Jeff sits in her trailer. He tries to sleep but with the lack of air conditioning her can't. Her attitude was getting to him, maybe because he just got off a flight with crying babies and no food. Wait, he hadn't eaten. It was doubtful that the shit show had any catering. He texted her, told her he was dying of starvation and decided to go grab something to eat.

Jeff knew about the area, not very well but he knew enough. Since the city always seemed to change every time he got back, he'd always find Something new.

He entered a burger joint, smelled the fresh cut fries and meat from down the street. He sat on a stool and a waitress got him a menu. Scanning the menu he found some interesting things he wanted to try, hoping that the next time the Hurricanes came down to Toronto, he could make it here.

"A bacon burger bang with fries and a chocolate shake" He says, the waitress smiles and wiggles her hips more as she leaves him.

Jeff smiles at her pass, but he had been through this all too many times.

"You're late Faith!" A man from behind the kitchen doors yells, Faith was pretty much always late and considering she lived in Hamilton, she wasn't in a hurry to get here.

"I know Bob, sorry" she says.

"No excuse today?" He asks and she shakes her head.

"Not in the mood, I'm going to miss the first Team Canada game today"

"Well if you can get the old television working, you can put it on there" Bob says, Faith smiles but is doubtful that the television that's probably seen Shirley Temples premiere would actually work. But it was worth a shot.

It wasn't long until Jeff's food is brought to him, he takes the first bite and is finally satisfied by his efforts to visit his girlfriend. He then hears a crash in a kitchen and a loud whine from what seems like the chef.

"Faith!" Bob whined as she scrambled to pick up the television set.

"Not my fault it weighs more than the 6 tons of meat in the freezer!" Faith yells back and then exits the kitchen. When she does everyone is looking at her, including a cute guy at the counter. She hides behind her hair and stands in front of the cute boy to set the tv up.

Jeff watches as the girl sets up the ancient television set. His eyes lingered her, dark brown hair pinned in a bun and he couldn't help but trace her curves with his eyes in the 1950's pink outfit.

"Please work" Faith grumbled and heard a small laugh from behind her. She whipped around to see the cute boy from before. But this time, she could really see him from under his hat. It was Jeff Skinner. Faith blushed and turned back to the television. "Stupid effing..."

"Um m'am?" She heard Jeff say and she turned around. He smiled but then pointed at the wall.

She didn't plug it in.

"Right" She says, laughing nervously and plugging in.

The television comes to life, relief washes over Faith and she looks at the clock, it hadn't started yet. She turns it to the channel and then leans back.

"Oh good, you're going to watch the game" Jeff says and he takes out his phone. "I can escape my girlfriends wrath for a bit longer"

"Unfortunately I couldn't escape work to watch it with my friends" Faith says and grabs the coffee pitcher and fills an old mans coffee who's sitting a few seats down from Jeff.

"Well we can watch it together" Jeff beams a smile and Faith blushes. "Of course while you work"

"Of course"

--

The two watched the first game together as Faith waited tables and served food, Jeff would give her commentary. Some of the people in restaurant found it entertaining, others didn't.

"Can you and baby face keep it down, we're trying to have lunch!" A man with long hair and a dirty t-shirt exclaimed. Faith became flustered, she nodded sheepishly, embarrassed and sauntered over to Jeff. While she set down the coffee, they scored and Jeff jumped up in his seat and threw his arms around Faith, cheering. The man didn't like that, he stormed over, grabbing Faith by the arm and pulling her towards him.

"Let go!" Faith cried, his grip hurting her.

"I thought I told you to keep it down" The man grumbled in her ear.

"Hey! Let go of her you ass!" Jeff exclaimed and pushed him off Faith, he then hid her behind him. "Don't you dare put your hands on her again!"

"What is going on in here?" Bob asked, Faith's job was now on the line.

"Your employee and this man were causing a racket! Cheering over some stupid game and we were trying to have a conversation" The man complained and Faith was ready to hand in her uniform.

"Sir we're very sorry, we didn't mean to disturb you but you didn't have to grab her like she was some animal!" Jeff exclaimed back. Jeff than showed Bob, Faith's arm. "You can see where he tried to break her arm!"

Bob looked between Faith, Jeff and the Man. Bob sighed and looked at Faith.

"I'm sorry Sir, but in going to have to ask you to leave" Bob says to the Man, letting Faith's heart start to beat again. "We don't tolerate violence here"

The Man, who's face was now red, grabbed his jacket and wife, then lefts

"I'm so sorry Bob" Faith says, worried about her Future employment here.

"It wasn't your fault Faith, now why don't you take the rest of the day off" Bob says.

"I can stay-" Faith begins and Bob shakes his head.

"It's fine"

Bob smiles and disappears into the kitchen, Faith turns to Jeff and smiles.

"Thank you" She says and then pecks his cheek.

She doesn't let Jeff explain himself, she disappears into the kitchen as well and leaves the restaurant without saying another word. But without knowing it, Jeff has followed her through the kitchen and out the back.

"What are you doing?" Faith asks and Jeff smiles.

"Maybe we could watch the rest of the game together, I'm sure they'll have it on outside the ACC" Jeff proposes and Faith bites her lip.

It was interesting to her that this hockey star was now interested in watching this game with her.

"Sure, get in the car" She says and climbs in.

Jeff starts the conversation up of his girlfriend, complaining about her ditzy personality. Faith is already bored but Jeff's tactic was easy, find out if she ha a boyfriend.

"I mean, she can't understand something about me" Jeff says and sighs. "I mean does your boyfriend totally push your interests to the side to talk about him"

Faith laughs at his sudden question.

"I don't have a boyfriend"

"Wow really?" Jeff asks totally surprised.

"Why is that so surprising?"

"Just thought you'd be the catch every fisherman would want"

This made Faith laugh even more, she shook her head and pulling into a parking garage.

"Let me pay" Jeff says and puts his card in the machine. "I basically kidnapped you anyway"

"Okay good, because I left my wallet at home"

Jeff smiles at her and hands her the ticket, they make their way done to the ACC. The third period had started, they stood with the rest of the crowd and cheered on Canada. It was cold out and all Faith had was a cardigan. She shivered, hugging herself and dancing a bit to warm her up. It didn't take long for Jeff to notice, luckily he was wearing his wool jacket over a sweater. He took of his jacket and placed it on Faith's shoulders.

--

The clock counted down and everyone cheered as Canada took the victory. Jeff and Faith jumped up and down, but in the spur of the moment, Jeff grabbed Faith and kissed her. Faith enjoyed it, kissing back but as soon as the cheering died down, Faith's mind went back to Jeff's rant about his girlfriend.

"Oh my god" Faith says while pulling away. "What are you doing?"

"Uhh"

"You have a girlfriend Jeff!" She exclaims, Jeff just stands there as Faith expects him to say something, that he wanted her but he didn't. "I don't even know what I expected, I just met you"

Faith storms away while Jeff watches her disappear. It took Jeff some time to realize how much fun he had with Faith, how free he felt talking to her and how she attempted to even understand him.

Faith was hurting, for just a second she thought that someone great could like her but Jeff just wanted to get away from
his girlfriend.

--

Jeff was back at his girlfriends condo the next morning, he laid in bed with the biggest headache over Faith. He couldn't stop thinking about her while his girlfriend laid next to him. She blabbed her mouth on and on about her shoot, all Jeff wanted to do is go to sleep and hopefully dream about Faith but the high pitched voice kept him up.

"Are you even listening?" She shrieked, making Jeff cringe and sigh.

"Nope"

"What's wrong?" She asked, totally clueless and Jeff exploded.

"You're my problem, I came here too spend time with you but instead I found myself in a diner with some girl who was so much more fun then you are and she showed me how much of a ditz you are!" Jeff yelled and she sat there in shock. "She was beautiful, funny, modest, amazing and she understood me. So if you excuse me, I'm going to go find her and tell her how much I like her"

--

Jeff entered the diner in a panic, he looked left and right but when his eyes landed on the brunette with glasses, his whole body was on fire. She saw him, she was shocked but with all her friends beside her who didn't believe the adventure she had the day before, she had a bit of pride left.

"Jeff what are you doing here?" She asked, setting down a glass of water her friend had ordered. She heard her fiend whispering.

"I came to find you" He says and steps closer to you. "I realized how much more I connected with you than I ever did with her"

"Jeff you-"

"No let me finish, you're amazing, funny, clever and witty. Your nose twitches before you talk, you're really modest which is a fresh of air from her and you're so beautiful" He says. "I really like you Faith"

The air from Faith's lungs were restoring, no one had ever said that about her, none the less thought that about her.

"I like you too"

Jeff smiles, his dimples indenting his cheek as he leans in and kisses her on the lips softly. The whole restaurant erupting in applause.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe