The Moons Pull

Two

Stiles hated school. She disliked the constant motion of routine. Stiles could not keep still long enough to enjoy her surroundings.

The ADHD was held accountable for her lack of focus. Didn't mean she was not intelligent. It meant she zoned out. She couldn't keep focus sometimes until Stiles took her medicine. Then- it was well.

Stiles was a A+ student. It all worked out and when she wasn't studying for chemistry she was fighting werewolf's or anything demonic in Beacon hills.

Stiles found herself feeling a slight difference in seeing Derek. Possibly the sole fact he was in her bedroom. But Stiles felt different in going to her jeep and driving over to his house.

The feeling was excitement. It caused Stiles to cringe and grimaced.

Derek track record of relationship was hectic. His last girlfriend burnt down his home- Stiles would think he would be put off dating for eternity.
Plus, obviously she was seventeen and she honestly did not know how old Derek was.

It was just stupid to Stiles. Why am I thinking about this? she scolded.

Stiles noticed Alison's car as she parked beside. She grabbed her backpack and shut the jeeps door.

Stiles stumbled down towards Derek's old house. She was careful in not busting open her face- Momentarily she glanced once her footing was balanced.
Stiles halted mid-step and peered ahead.

Stiles turned walking towards the tree. It held marking on the bark. Stiles's fingertips grazed the bark. The mark held familiarity and it bothered her of not knowing where she seen it before.
Stiles furrowed her brows and placed her finger-

"Hey"

Stiles jumped and snapped her gaze to Isaac. "Hi" Stiles pulled back. His curly blonde hair swayed in the wind and he curiously gazed at her.

"We are ready" Isaac spoke softy to her. Stiles nodded raising her lips. She stepped around him and Isaac quietly walked with her.

"Did you ever pass the exam?" Stiles glanced at him.

Isaac pulled at his ear and met her gaze. "I did" He nodded. "You?" He asked.

Stiles shrugged. "Yeah" Her tone light.

Isaac smiled and Stiles grinned peering away. Stiles took in the bundle of werewolf's and inwardly winced.
Well, there was Alison. A werewolf hunter. A bow and arrow beside her.

Lydia sat at the steps and Stiles sat beside her.

"Why are we here?" Lydia nonchalantly asks. Her curvy mouth pulling down.

"I have no idea" Stiles breathed clamping her hand to her cheek.

The front door opened and Stiles resisted the urge to glance behind. His pant leg brushed against her shoulder as he stepped down. Derek murmured something to Isaac and suddenly their gazes met.

Stiles averted her gaze instantly. Her gaze fixed to Scott. He peered at her shooting her a coy look.
Stiles narrowed her gaze and slowly peered at Derek.

Derek Hale glanced and stood in the middle of circle that was formed.

"We have a problem" Derek clapped his hands.

"And things were going normal for a sudden" Lydia muttered.

Stiles gave her a side long glance. She smirked and rested her chin to her knees.
Derek glared their way and Stiles pressed her lips together.

"Dead body means werewolf's" Scott said earning everyone's glances.

"No" Derek distressed. "A mark was on the body".

"A tattoo so what?" Lydia shrugged.

Derek flicked his gaze. "A cult marking seems a little shrug offish" He made a face at her.

"A cult as in witches?" Stiles asked speaking for the first time. Her interest were peaked.

"That's what I intend to find out" Derek said.

"Witches in Beacon Hills?" Alison asked a little doubtful.

"Wouldn't be surprising" Stiles said dryly.

"What do we do?" Isaac wondered to Derek.

"We track any suspicion. Witches tend to have a off scent" Derek informed.

"Maybe.." Stiles eyes narrowed. "The guy was witchy and what killed him.. Was..?" .

Derek sighed dramatically. "We will figure it out".

Stiles nodded giving him a sly thumbs up.

Lydia rose and brushed herself off. "Thank you but I'll pass on the witch hunt".

Derek peered at her sharply. "Hearing things lately?".

Lydia halted and adjusted her bag. "Nothing" She shrugged. Lydia pursed her pouty mouth and turned sharply on her heel.

Stiles amusedly peered at Derek, he gazed back and his lips pulled.

"I'll check my dad's library" Alison said gathering her things.
Scott carried his girlfriends bags and lifted the corner of his mouth.

"Call me" Scott said to Stiles.
Stiles blinked several times and finally nodded.

Stiles realized she was idly sitting while Derek and Isaac peered at her blankly. She grabbed her bag and slid off the step. "Catch you later" She winced as she probably sounded like a idiot.

Derek gave her no knowledge in hearing her but Isaac lifted his lips. She waved and began her journey back up to her Jeep.

Stiles climbed the hill and slung her bag over fishing out her car key. Stiles glanced and lost her grasp on her bag.

"Who?"

Stiles peered around quickly. The words sufficing out finally made their way to her lips.

"Son of a bitch" Stiles cursed furious.

Stiles glared at the red paint gracing her passenger door.

A hand brushed her shoulder causing her to catch her breathe spinning around.
"Derek" Stiles declared with a huff.

Derek peered at the jeep with pursed lips. "Your car..".

Stiles widen her eyes and nodded. "Yeah. I know. Can you believe this?" She ask.

Derek green eyes flickered to meet hers. A annoyed expression crossed his sulk features. "It's paint".

Stiles grimaced and dropped her bag. "It's paint" She said back mocking him. Derek peered at her sharply.

Stiles took a step forward and examined the damage. Derek lurked behind and she was completely aware of his body leaning toward her.
Stiles swallowed and shifted peering down. She cocked her head.

"That's.." Stiles furrowed her brows pondering.

"Stay calm" Derek suddenly whispered.

Stiles immediately couldn't withhold calmness. Her body twirled around. She peered at him closely.

Derek looked down and a flash of a smile lurked his lips. His face retorted some harshness. "Stiles.." He began peering at her.

Stiles hesitantly peered at him. "What?" she whispered her heartbeat in her throat.

Derek inhaled and shifted his neck. His eyes closed for a moment and as he revealed his gaze, his eyes were green.

His mouth curved down. "You been marked".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><


I have been marked.

Stiles pondered to her self as she tossed in her bed. She rested her chin in her hands. Stiles still laid awake in her bedroom. A light tone of music played keeping her calm about the situation.

She had been marked.

"What does that even mean?" Stiles thought to herself.

She frowned and reached absently for her telephone. Stiles dialed quickly and raised to a stance.
She started to pace waiting for the line to be answered.

"Hello?"

Stiles took in Scott's tone and glanced timidly at the neon time from her clock. It was late in the night.

"Hey" Stiles said cheerily.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Scott yawned.

Stiles laughed. "Funny story about that-".

"You been apparently marked. Yeah I know Isaac told me" Scott said.

Stiles nodded pacing toward her window. "Good, you know" She murmured. "It was just paint. Derek helped me wash it off-" She stopped biting her lip.

Scott clucked his tongue. Stiles sourly peered down. "What is that about?" Scott wondered.

"Hmm?" Stiles said trying to seem obvious. It didn't work.

Scott laughed. "Suddenly you smell like him" Scott scoffed into the phone.

"I was around him" Stiles said reminding. Stiles laughed. "Plus I will calm your worries- nothing is going on.Derek is a .. Sour wolf". Stiles laughed at her own joke.

Speak of the devil. Derek Hale was standing in her backyard.

Stiles eyes narrowed and her hand rubbed her temple soothingly.

"Whatever" Scott said.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Stiles wondered.

"Nothing. Go to sleep" Scott sighed.

"Okay. I will. Goodnight" Stiles said rather yelling and hanging up on her best friend.

She stared squinting her eyelids towards the window. She turned and quickly stomped down the stairs.

Why is Derek Hale here.. Again?! Stiles wondered again and again as she opened the front door to her home.

She walked briskly around and peered around for the leather wearing man.

Derek wasn't in her backyard. Stiles shoulders sank. She frowned slightly.
Was she imagining things? Again.

Stiles turned and met a chest belonging to Derek.

She gasped peering up, looking directly into his eyes. "Holy crap" Stiles pulled away. She crossed her arms tightly around her.

Derek eyes narrowed and he seemed amused enough to take in her matching pajama set.

"I don't suspect that this is a social call?".

Derek gaze flickered and his lips pressed together before speaking. "I found something" He said causing her to step closer to him.

He silently handed her a white sheet of paper. It was folded and Stiles opened it examine it carefully. "This is the marking on my car door" She swallowed.

"Look what it says" Her gaze lowered and took in the writing. "It's a vengeance thing?" Stiles peered up worriedly.

"I got marked too" Derek said murmuring. "My front door".

Stiles sighed and shifted from foot to foot. "Who would do this?" She asked.

"We pissed off a lot of people" Derek pondered.

Stiles winced shoving the paper back. "That isn't helpful".

Derek met her gaze. "We will fix it".

"We always do" Stiles lifted one shoulder. She peered away shyly. "Do you lurk in my backyard often?".

Derek expression smoothed. "What?".

Stiles burst into laughter throwing her head back. "Gotcha" She pointed.
Derek peered at her giving her a puzzled look.

"But do you?".

"You think I waste my time in stalking you?" Derek asked incredulously.

Stiles peered sheepishly. "Your wording not mine" She smiled.

Derek held in some laughter and instead chose to peer at her scoldingly. "What are you doing anyway?".

"I couldn't sleep" She confessed. Stiles peered at him thoughtfully. "What about you?".

"I have a hard time sleeping" Derek said.

Stiles took in the confession from Derek Hale. It was understandable to her as it was understandable to him as well.

"Are you always home alone?" Derek asked glancing at the driveway.

"No. It's just when my dad has a big case" Stiles told him.

Derek nodded and folded the paper in half. "You have school so you should probably sleep" Derek said.

Stiles rolled her eyes. "Conscious of my health?".

"You're a klutz and other things" Derek said dryly.

"Point taken" Stiles nodded.

Stiles shifted and the pair suddenly met gazes.

"So thanks" Stiles said to him.

"You're welcome" Derek shrugged.

Derek hand reached hers and as there hands met it felt like some electric jolt going through Stiles.
She glanced surprised at Derek, who features were smoothed.

"Go back to bed" and Derek pulled her toward the path to her home.

"Goodnight to you too" Stiles turned and grumbled at him.

Derek smirked at her and shoved his hand deep in to his pockets.

"Call if you find anything else" Stiles called.

She knew he wouldn't call.

"Get some sleep too" Stiles again called.

Stiles smiled wickedly opening her front door. The smile stayed as she entered her bedroom and climbed underneath the covers.

That night, Stiles felt a bit better. The anxious feeling of dwelling came to a halt that night.

The reason behind it was Derek.

Stiles had the best rest that night, she dreamt of trees and the glow of the moonlight.

It was just the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love love love some comments so I know how you guys are feeling about this!

Thank for reading ❤️