The Moons Pull

Four

Stiles awoke against hard leather. She jolted feeling dazed, Stiles blinked out the tiredness in her eyes.

Stiles peered around and found herself in Derek's loft. She threw the blanket off and realized it was only his oversized jacket.
Stiles patted to the window and gazed outside.

Derek .. Stiles instantly thought. She had been sleeping in his .. Loft? She froze, turning around. "Derek?" She called, her voice barely a whisper.

Stiles swallowed and lightly touched her throat. "Derek" Stiles held no sound in her voice. She was mute.

Stiles bolted peering for Derek. Climbing the spiral steps, she found him.

Stiles opened her mouth and found no words. Derek furrowed his eyebrows and stepped towards her.

"What's wrong?" He whispered. His hand resting on her cheek.

Stiles smiled up at him. She had forgotten all of her worries.

His lips ceased hers, she felt his soft lips and trembled. She pulled back frowning.

She turned her back to him. "Something isn't right" She had found her voice.

Stiles turned back, and caught the silver in the blade Derek was holding.

The blade sliced through her shirt and Stiles opened her mouth. She felt the blood pouring out of the wound. Derek lips curved and her hand reached for his shoulder.

"Derek-"

Derek hushed her and lowered her slowly to the ground. He bent down and raised the knife-

Stiles payed attention to his eyes. They were red; the wolf emerged and took away his green eyes.

"I could never love you" he spoke.

The blade rammed into her abdomen ---

Stiles screamed sitting upright in bed. She scrambled against the covers. She took deep breathes calming her racing heart.

She crawled slowly out of bed and approached her window peering down towards the back yard.
But, a hand reached hers causing a shock.

Stiles sighed relieved, and a little happily. "Derek" she smiled stepping away.

"What's wrong? I heard you scream" Derek demanded.

Stiles shook her head at him. In one step she walked into his arms. Derek tensed but relaxed to find her arms snaked around his waist. "I had a nightmare" she whispered.

Derek arm absently touched her lower back and his lips raised realizing how innocent Stiles appeared. "What about?" He wondered amused.

"You stabbed me" Stiles murmured.

Derek released his grip, and Stiles peered up grimacing. "What the actual hell?" Derek asked.

Stiles raised her shoulders. "It wigged me out too".

Derek glared down and Stiles slowly smiled. "There was no shock".

Derek narrowed his eyes. "I-" .

Stiles grabbed his hand and peered up meeting his gaze. "There is no-" and there it was- a light source casually building up into a bold shock of electricity.

Stiles grimaced displeased but turned around towards her bed. She was tired and a little out of it.
Derek stood, lingering at the edge.

"Instead of lingering in my backyard you should just drop in" Stiles said glancing toward the open window.

Derek only gazed at her, his gaze moving to the thin straps of her shirt and her bare legs.

"Why do you do it?"

Derek snapped his gaze to hers. "What?".

"Why do you check up on me?" She asked laying in bed.

"Stiles, you bring the most trouble out of any wolf or banshee" Derek said.

Stiles grimaced. "Fair enough" she mused. "But, I feel a bit safe knowing you're around so don't go anywhere" she smiled.

Derek nodded completely serious.

He walked around her bedside and sat right next to her. Derek picked up the photo frame and examined it.

"She was beautiful" Derek said.

"Yeah, she was" Stiles agreed. Her mother was in fact beautiful inside and out.

"I would always see her with you, she always held you so close. I was young and everyone knew my family-" Derek paused peering at her. "Your mother always smiled at me when I passed" A sincere smile raised to his lips.

Stiles chest clench and her eyes seemed to tear with the thought of her mother smiling at Derek.

Wordlessly, Stiles hugged him again. Her arms wrapped around his neck and her face buried in the crown of his neck. Derek knew she was crying and allowed her to just drown it out.

A few moments passed and Derek pressed his hand to her back lowering down on the covers. He smiled to himself to witness her yawn.
Stiles nose red from the tears, and his shirt was wet but he didn't care.

"See you tomorrow" Stiles sleepy voice held such amusement for Derek.

He cleared his throat to keep from laughing. "Tomorrow" He agreed.

"Come to my window okay?" Stiles peeked at him.

"Sure" Derek appeased.

"'Night" she smiled.

Derek shook his head when her eyes finally closed, he lingered for a moment staring down.
His fingertips trailed over her cheek and he gently pushed a fallen piece of hair out of her face.

Stiles had to know desperately Derek wasn't going anywhere.
He would never leave her.

______________________

Stiles spent her after school day in the library ignoring class for the entire day, she sat roaming the internet for any idea what she was dealing with.

Stiles hand reached for her phone,staring at it longly for the wanting to text Derek would pass.

Until

I need

It flashed on her screen and she shifted, her thumbs made motions thinking of how to respond.
It seemed the text was unfinished. She frowned, thinking of what caused Derek to stop mid text.

She raised, gathering her things. She slowly exited the library with phone in hand.
A wrenching feeling passed and it seemed to cause her to panic. Something was wrong.

Stiles stepped into the wall way. And she knew enough to quicken her pace. Her footing thudding against the tile, she made her way.

Stiles dialed Derek's number. It went straight to voicemail.

She rounded the corner and the lighting in the hall disappeared. The hallways were dark; pitch black with gloom. Stiles gazed around nervously.

"Hello?" She called out. Stiles took a cautious step. Obviously, when the lights went out it was not good.

She began to walk- half run toward the parking lot.

Her phone began to ring causing her to yelp dropping her phone. She lowered to grab it off the tile. Derek contact flashed across the screen.

Stiles stood. Her gaze shifted and caught sight of a figure ahead. It was motionless.

Stiles eyes narrowed and wordlessly turned around.

Her fingers brushed against the screen and dialed his number.
A ringing echoed the halls and Stiles stopped momentarily.

"Derek?" She called. She glanced back and witness the figure approaching. Stiles yelped and darted to her left. She climbed the stairs.

"Derek" She yelled. It was his ringer she heard. He was here.

"Stiles".

Stiles stopped misstep hearing him call her name. "Derek" she yelled in return.

"Stiles".

She gazed up and sought Derek leaning over the railing peering down. Stiles climbed the steps in a hurry. Derek grabbed her hands and began to run.
Stiles held her breathe and felt a light stream of shock pulse through her hand. He was holding her hand.

Their fingers twined together.

Derek round the corner quickly and tugged her to follow. They descended down the stairs. Her grip grew tighter to know the lights were flickering.

Derek squeezed her hand but his expression seemed calm. He hovered behind but his hand still held hers.

The entrance was near and Stiles couldn't help but quicken her pace.
She pushed open the doors and glanced back to peer at Derek bewildered.

"What the hell?" She demanded walking towards her car.

Derek ignored her outburst and peered around. He breathed and finally met her gaze.

"I don't know" He answered.

Stiles ran her fingers through her hair and shook her head. She turned and opened her car door.

"Wait" She froze. "My bag" she turned to Derek.

"I can drive you home" Derek said already turning.

"My keys, my wallet and my phone are in my bag. Did I drop it?" She began, her eyes narrowing in thought.

"It's fine" Derek told her.

Stiles grimaced at him. "I need my bag" She disagreed.

"I'll look for it later" He said sighing ever so deeply. "I don't want you poking around".

Stiles rolled her eyes and stepped with him. They walked closely together before Stiles glanced. "How'd you know where to find me?" She murmured.

Derek frowned "I don't know".

Their fingers lingered absently without their knowledge and Stiles sighed walking close to him.

"This is getting creepy. It's a tall person, whoever.." She trailed off.

"Their scent is off" Derek informed. "Possibly a potion or something".

Stiles rose a eyebrow smiling wickedly at him. "Potion?" She teased.

Derek rolled his eyes but a small smile lurked in the corners.

"Thanks again" she nudged him. Derek pursed his lips. "For saving me" she lead on smiling.

"For the hundredth time" Derek mocked.

"It's appreciated" She smiled weakly.

Derek smiled peering down. Stiles wanted to ask what was so funny but decided against it.

"Get in" He told her opening the door to his flashy car.

Stiles smile disappeared quickly and a sour expression lurked her features.

And just like that the moment was ruined.

_______________________

Scott shifted the car in park. He turned to look his best friend in the eye. "Don't go anywhere" He said.

Stiles nodded and raised the baseball bat. "Gotcha".

"I'll run in and get your stuff" Scott opened the door. "He is going to so pissed".

Reference to Derek, Stiles smiled. "I'm okay with that".

Scott shook his head and left the car. Stiles leaned over the seat. "Be quick" she called.

It was late, she had left as soon as Derek dropped her off. A quick goodbye is what was said and Stiles called Scott in need of a Wolf friend.

Stiles tapped her fingers against the bat and dread the silence in the car. She gazed around ever so often.

Beacon hills was in fact the most hellish place to be at night.

Stiles twitched in her seat. Her gazed to the entrance then to her left- the woods. Stiles squinted, picturing a wolf near the tree or something supernatural. Stiles narrowed her glance but fell to the opening of the Beacon hills.

A hooded figure.

Stiles gawked simply terrified. She gripped the bat.

Suddenly anger rose, she hated to be terrified. Most things were terrifying but it seemed to make her pissed off.

It just stood there motionless. Stiles snapped her gaze toward the school.

"C'mon Scott" Stiles said to the silence.

She peered back and the figure was still there. It seemed smaller almost, the person or thing was different..

"There are two" Stiles said reaching for the door. This was a person, two people causing stress in her life.

"That's it" Stiles yelled opening the door. She stumbled and gripped the bat.

The hooded figure backed away slowly. "Hey" she screamed.

Without a thought, she began to run after it. The figure began to run as well. Stiles was fast but ungraceful , this witch was elegant in her ways.

Its a women She realized seeing the long slender fingers as the women ran.

Stiles zig sagged and rounded a tree. "Stop" she yelled.

The figure stopped abruptly. Stiles skidded. The hood swallowed this women's entire being.

"Why are you doing this?" Stiles asked loudly. Her voice did not shake with fear. Stiles was thankful for that.
"There are two of you" she exclaimed.

A snicker, she was laughing at Stiles. "You will all pay".

The hooded figure sharply turned. Stiles eyes rolled back and her body slumped against the cold ground.

The witched lowered her palm and a smirk hovered on her lips. She hovered above the girls body but began to run.
For the alpha was on his way.

-•-•-•-

Stiles awoke sharply. She griped the bed sheets beside her. Her gaze slowly landed on the bent figure. She tensed but realized it was only Derek by the tattoo on his back.

Stiles then realized she was in his bed and he wasn't wearing a shirt.

Derek rose and approached a table. He threw on a white shirt and turned toward her.
Stiles winced at his expression. He was so pissed.

"How are you feeling?" Derek asked.

Stiles rubbed her neck soothingly. "Good" she lied. She was sore and exhausted.

Derek's jaw clenched and Stiles sighed. "I'm a little sore" she admitted.

Derek turned and approached her with a ice pack in his hand. He sat closely to her and placed the ice on her neck. Stiles gasped and Derek's green eyes flashed to her.

"Don't be angry"

"I'm not" Derek said "You have never listened to me anyway. Why start now?".

Stile pressed her lips together. Her gaze fell to her bag. "I got my stuff back" She said brightly.

"God damn it Stiles" Derek hand dropped from her neck. "What is wrong with you?" He demanded.

Stiles eyes narrowed. "I thought you weren't ma-" she was interrupted by his glare.

"I am. You are a idiot" Derek pointed.

Stiles opened her mouth to allow a light laugh to escape but halted to see another glare from Derek.

Am I that obvious? She sulked inwardly.

"Scott can't even look after you" Derek complained. "Dumb and dumber".

"Do you not value your life?"

"This is serious. The are powerful witches"

"I thought you were dead. Your body laying still on the ground. Do you even realize how awful that felt?"

"You are a idiot"

"But my idiot"

"I'm stuck looking after you -baby sitting cause no one else can"

Stiles blinked out of her gaze. "Hmmm?" She wondered.

"You are .." Derek shook his head.

Stiles peered up at him smiling.

"Sorry for worrying you" Stiles said sincerely. "I won't do it again" she promised.

"Just sleep" Derek said.

"Here?" Stiles pursed her lips.

"Scott told your dad you were staying over his house" Derek said dismissively.

Stiles bit the inside of her cheek and a bubbled of hysteria rose. She bounced against his pillow and covered herself.

"A sleep over. Want to braid my hair?".

"This isn't that. I would never" Derek said nonchalantly.

Stiles smiled against the pillow. "I can't feel my toes" she said shivering.

Derek growled lightly at that. He disappeared to only lower a wool blanket on top of her. "Thanks" she said a little surprised.

Derek turned and walked swiftly to his kitchen. "Don't leave" she whispered.

"I'm not" Derek answered closing the door to the fridge.

Stiles sighed and stifled a yawn. "It's a women and a man".

Derek eyebrows rose in surprised. "Really? How-".

"She told me 'You will all pay'" she quoted. "It was a women" Stiles was certain.

Derek shifted and sat in a chair. It was close to her bedside and Stiles felt safe.

"Who did we piss off?" She wondered worriedly.

Derek's mouth twitched. "It's okay" he turned his gaze to her.

Stiles lifted her lips at the thought. "It'll be okay" she murmured.

Derek nodded and his mouth curved. Stiles sighed as her eyes droop giving herself away as the tiredness swept her.

"Derek?".

"Yes?" He shifted his body towards her.

"One hundred and one".

Derek laughed and it was a nice thing to hear before she slept.

Derek kept close through out the night and it was the first time he could see her as she slept. He grinned from time to time witnessing her pouts.

Derek tensed when his name escaped her lips.
It was soft and he knew she was still dreaming and it was clear to him.

Stiles was dreaming about him.