The Moons Pull

Eight

Stiles sat alone at a table. Her laptop on the desk and scattered sheets of paper filling the table. She chewed anxiously on the pen and typed.

Illusions; her mouth twitched and she back spaced and typed once more. Hallucinations.

Stiles cradled her chin and peered at the screen blankly. Her eyes narrowing quickly as she read.

She peered up for a moment and back to her screen. She paused slightly as a women grazed the bookshelf.

Stiles hand began to shake. The chair skidded back with a thud. Stiles clutched her hair. "No" she murmured and turned away.

She met the gaze of the women. Her lips quivered with wanted tears. Stiles took a step back.

"This isn't real" She whispered.

She gathered her things and exited the library running.

"Stiles"

Lydia pulled at her and took in the expression of Stiles. "What's wrong?" She asked immediately

Stiles eyes widened. "I saw her" she murmured. "There- the whatever you wanna call them- I-" Stiles swallowed and peered back.

"Who did you see?"

"My mom" Stiles answered.

Lydia squeezed her hand and pulled at her. "It's getting worse. We need to know who's doing this-" Lydia paused for a moment. Her expression sharp.

Stiles turned and met the gaze of Bryce. "Let's go" she whispered and walked with Lydia to her car.

"Going to Derek's?"

Stiles sighed and bit her lip. "Nope"

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Don't be a girl" she smirked. Lydia slid inside her car and took off with Stiles watching.

Stiles turned- Bryce stood peering down at her. Stiles grip loosened and she dropped her bags. Bryce lowered to help and griped a sheet describing hallucinations.

"Seeing things?"

Stiles silently grabbed the paper out of his hands. Bryce stood, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Did I do something?"

Stiles shook her head taking a step forward. Bryce made her feel entirely uncomfortable.

"Tell Derek and Scott I said hey"

Stiles tensed. "How do you know Derek Ha-" she wondered turning.

Her shoulders slumped to nothing. Bryce disappeared. Stiles peered around anxiously and made her way to her car.

Stiles wondered if she should just cave and go him. She missed Derek and just .. Wanted to see his face. Stiles inwardly sulked as she started the jeep and pulled away. She touched the brakes and glanced intently at the library.

Had it really been her mother? Who was dead for years? Were the coven bringing images of her mom.. Stiles was mad and heartbroken. It wasn't real and Stiles would give anything to get her mom back.
Stiles pulled out of the lot with tears in her eyes.

It was clear the coven knew her weak spots.

Stiles made her way toward Derek's she had to see him.
••

Stiles knocked on the door and patiently waited.
The door opened and she immediately averted her gaze.

Derek stood in the doorway as he wore no shirt and water trickled from his hair. He had just gotten out of the shower.

"What's wrong?" He asked stepping aside.

Stiles walked through. "I seen my mom"

Derek furrowed his brows at that and his expression shifted to rage. "There taking a step up" he murmured.

Stiles nodded agreeing. "Took me off guard" she crossed her arms over her chest.

Derek approached her and cradled her face in his hands. "You're okay?" He asked.

Stiles nodded and wondered what was bothering her. She forgot suddenly "Yeah" she mumbled.

Derek expression hardened at this. "Do you mind telling me why you are avoiding me" He pulled away from her.

Stiles narrowed her gaze. "What? No I'm not" she scoffed.

Derek pursed his lips. It seemed he wanted to smile. "Yes, you are" he pressed.

Stiles pressed her lips together and shook her head from side to side. "Why would I?".

"You tell me?" He suggested raising a eyebrow.

Stiles winced. "It should be obvious to you" she complained to him.

Derek raised his eyebrows. "What?" He asked scoffing.

"Oh" She rolled her eyes. "I am entitled to act like a teenage girl. You kissed me and I'm acting on it. Now I'm more nervous than I already was and self conscious. So confused"

Derek stared calmly at her. "You're upset about the kiss?" Hurt, flashed across his features.

"No, don't be a idiot" Stiles sighed. Derek peered at her sharply. He leaned into her.

"What are you confused about?"

Stiles gazed up completely dazed. "My feelings. You" she admitted.

"I can wait. I am a patient man" Derek smiled pulling back.

"Are you toying with me?" Stiles glared.

"No, but I should be" Derek said. "You toyed with me for nearly three years. Irked me to a point where I consider in ripping your throat out-"

"But you didn't" Stiles smiled.

"But I didn't" Derek nodded.

"Well I'm glad for that" Stiles sighed stepping away. "We can work on the whole relationship thing-" Stiles tensed and inwardly curse.

Derek Hale followed her to his sofa he sat with her. He peered questionably at her. She refused to meet his stare. She fiddled with the remote for several moments.

"Stiles?"

"Derek?"

"You do realize what you're asking for right?" Derek wondered.

"Yes" She said. "I think"

"Okay" Derek said and rested his head on the leather.

Stiles peeked at him and saw a faint smile on his lips.

"Sorry it took three years" Derek murmured.

"I forgive you" she said.

Derek pulled her into his arms and the pair sat cuddling as the television glowed in Derek's loft.

••

Stiles laid on Scott's bed and sighed rolling over.

"So, you're dating Derek?" He wondered baffled. Scott laid beside her. Absently Stiles played with the hem of his shirt.

She raised her shoulders bewildered. "Uh. I think?" She wondered herself.

"You like each other?"

Stiles whispered "Scott, I love him".

A faint smile spread and Scott nodded. "I know-"

Alison appeared in the doorway and Scott turned his head smiling. Stiles noticed the shake in her hands. "What's wrong?" Scott asked approaching.

"I just.." Alison murmured and shook her head. "I seen Kate"

Stiles inwardly winced. The coven was bringing the dead back. "It's just the witches. I seen my mom earlier" Stiles waved off.

Alison met her gaze with sympathy. "I also -" she handed Scott a journal "I found this".

Scott handed the journal to Stiles and took Alison on his arms. Stiles rolled her eyes.
She unraveled the hem and opened the journal. She skimmed trough the pages.

She halted peering down. "A witch or warlock wears a piece - an item. It holds there essence" she murmured. She peered at the odd necklace and cursed.

Scott glanced as did Alison. "It was right in my face all this time" she pushed the journal aside.

Scott phone began to ring. He answered "Hello?"

Alison sat with Stiles "You know something?".

"The necklace" Stiles whispered "I saw it before" Alison raised her eyebrows "It's the librarian"

Scott turned toward him. His mouth hung open and he stared blankly.

"Scott?" Alison asked.

"Lydia-" Scott broke off. Stiles heart dropped in her chest.

"She was in a accident"