Personal Goals

Chapter 7

*Vic’s POV*

Mrs. Smith was an older lady that I saw on Thursdays before my session with Kellin. She wasn’t really hardcore into getting fit; I honestly think she just wanted motivation to stay active while having someone to talk to at the same time. I only saw her on Thursdays, and usually I’d just stand there while she walked on the treadmill. She was nice, though, and she was always thoughtful enough to ask me about my life, and actually listened to me. So, I guess it was like a form of therapy for both of us. She always talked about her grandkids, and how her daughter was doing well with her husband and all that.

“So how are you doing, Victor?” she asked me. I had given up on telling her to call me Vic a long time ago.

“I’m alright,” I shrugged. “Just the same old thing, I guess.”

I mean, I was now apparently hooking up with another client, but she didn’t need to know that.

“How’s the little girl?” she wanted to know. “You have any pictures for me today?”

I smiled and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I scrolled until I found the folder I made full of pictures I took of Jess. I chose one that I took the other day while she was sleeping and showed her. She gave me a smile and an ‘oh, how precious’.

“She’s doing well, I swear she gets bigger every time I see her,” I chuckled lightly, then thought about how frustrating it was when she wouldn’t sleep in her crib on Tuesday night and how I barely got any sleep because I was up holding her. “I don’t think Jenna’s been keeping her on a good sleep schedule like she said she would, though.”

“That girl needs to get her act together,” she said, shaking her head. Mrs. Smith knew all about my drama with Jenna and my daughter. Originally, this personal trainer thing was supposed to be a side gig while I was getting my bachelor’s degree, but no. This looked like it was about it for me. Anyway, I had a scheduled appointment with her the day I found out Jenna was pregnant, and has been supportive of me ever since.

“But of course, I’m always wrong. I’m just the dead-beat dad,” I said, dejectedly.

“You’re not,” she insisted.

“I know, but that’s what she tells everyone,” I said, monotonously. The fact of the matter was that she got the upper hand when it came to custody because she lived with her parents, and her parents had a more stable income than I did just by myself. My parents lived out of state, and I could have moved back in with them, but that would mean almost never seeing Jess. Believe me, I would fight for more time with her if I could, but for now I just couldn’t afford it. Between paying rent and child support, it was just too much.

“Oh, you just got to hang in there, okay? Things will get better,” she assured me. I smiled, even though it didn’t feel like they would. “Have you started dating yet?”

“What? No,” I said, defensively. She just chuckled.

“You should get back out there, I’m sure there are many handsome guys just waiting to sweep you off your feet,” she said, pressing a button on the treadmill to increase elevation.

“Yes, I’m sure there are so many guys in my age range who want to date someone with a baby,” I laughed. To be honest, it made me extremely uncomfortable. The last time I dated in the time that Jess had been born, the guy claimed he wanted a committed relationship, but not quite that committed. I could only imagine what Kellin would say if I told him about her. That wouldn’t be a problem, though, because I was convinced at the time that I wasn’t going to fall for him, even in the slightest bit.

“Hey, you never know. You’d be surprised,” she shrugged. “Plus, you don’t want someone who isn’t accepting of your child. That’s just asking for more stress than you need.”

“True,” I shrugged. Then before I knew what I was saying, “Do you think eighteen is too young for me?”

“Oh, got your eyes on a younger man, I see?” she teased. “Sweetie, if you like someone, then age doesn’t matter, plus what is that? Four years? That’s nothing. My husband is seven years older than me.”

I guess it made me feel a little better about the thoughts I’d been having about Kellin lately. I knew if Mrs. Smith approved, then it wasn’t a problem. After a while of talking with her as she walked, she finally stopped the treadmill and stepped off, ready to end our session for the day.

“Alright, well, I will see you next week, you have a good one, Mrs. Smith,” I told her as she gave me a warm smile. I gathered up my things from behind the reception desk and let the gym owner know I was leaving before heading out.

The drive to Kellin’s house was always a little depressing. He lived in this ridiculously up-scale neighborhood and the houses were huge. The grass was all neatly mowed, and the gardens were well maintained. Hell, Kellin’s driveway was this huge roundabout thing with a fountain in the center. I didn’t even want to think about how much that must have cost them. I was willing to bet it was more than I paid in rent each month.

I parked in the driveway and went right in. Kellin usually left the door unlocked, and was typically waiting for me downstairs. I locked the door behind me and went to our usual meeting place.

“Hey, I’m here- God dammit,” I groaned when I saw him. He was sitting on the weight bench, cross legged, and completely naked. Was there ever a time when this guy didn’t want sex?

“Hello to you, too,” he said. “Do you mind if I work out like this? It’s way more comfortable … you know, less restricting?”

“Kellin, put some clothes on,” I sighed, setting my stuff down where I usually kept it. He shook his head.

“I don’t want to,” he protested.

“Well, that’s too bad, because we’re going on a run today. Do you really want to run naked? Your neighbors could see you and tell your mom.” I warned him. He narrowed his eyes at me as he groaned.

“You’re no fun,” he said, pouting and going over to the clothes he had folded neatly in a pile near the wall. He pulled on his shorts and a shirt, still grumbling.

“Hey, I never said I wouldn’t do anything with you after,” I said, hopefully giving him incentive. I felt less guilty about having sex with him if I was at least doing my job.

“Post run sex?” he asked, grinning. I nodded and looked away, feeling a little awkward as I realized how much I liked it when he made that face. Whenever he got excited his entire face just lit up and it was so cute.

“If you can survive a two mile run,” I shrugged, casually. His jaw dropped.

“Two miles?! That’s crazy,” he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air and scowling. “I am not running two miles.”

“Okay, then no sex,” I shrugged, trying to sound nonchalant. I mean, I was really hoping my method of encouragement was working because I kind of really wanted to do it, too. I mean, now that the thought was in my head of him sitting there naked, I just couldn’t shake it. He was really something else.

“Ugh, fine,” he moaned. “But if I die, it’s your fault.”

“You’re not going to die. You’ve been running with me twice a week for almost a month now. Two miles should be a challenge, but it’s not too much,” I explained. Really, I knew that Kellin didn’t have any medical issues regarding physical activity; he didn’t have anything stopping him from being in shape. I knew by this point that he was just fucking lazy.

He argued with me a little longer, but soon we were out the door and on the sidewalk, running. I mean, it was more of a light jog for me, but Kellin was really struggling to keep up a steady pace.

“I can’t,” he panted, falling behind and slowing to a walk around the end of the first mile. I looped back and jogged in place next to him.

“Come on, Kells, don’t stop, you’ve got this,” I said. It was my job to encourage him, so that was what I was doing. Plus I knew that it wasn’t good for circulatory purposes to stop so abruptly. If anything, he should just keep walking at a brisk pace.

“’Kells’?” He managed to say. “W-what’s with the nickname?”

I shrugged, not realizing that I had even shortened his name until then. It was a little weird, maybe, but it just slipped out. I mean, Kellin was definitely one of my favorite clients, but I wasn’t that fond of him, was I? I was starting to wonder if I actually did have a thing for him. I mean, it would make sense, wouldn’t it? But no, I couldn’t like Kellin. I was afraid that I did, but I knew I didn’t want to. I had way too much baggage for him to possibly deal with.

“Hello? Vic, you’re spacing,” he said, waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of it quickly, trying to push those thoughts away.

“We can walk the last mile if you’re really that exhausted,” I said. “But you have to keep up a good pace, no dilly-dallying.”

“I’ll dilly your dally,” he giggled, making a weak attempt at a dirty joke.

“That doesn’t make any sense,” I said, trying not to laugh. I couldn’t help it though. I mean, it wasn’t funny, but the way he said it was cute. Fuck, I had it bad, didn’t I?

“Oh you know it does,” he chuckled. “Wait, if we don’t run does that mean I don’t get a reward?”

“Ah, maybe I’ll let it slide for today,” I shrugged, adding a flirty little wink. I felt a little stupid, because I was really bad at this flirting thing. This was yet another reason I couldn’t get a boyfriend.

“Yes,” he said, silently cheering.

“How is a high school kid so into sex already?” I asked him. “You’re only eighteen.”

“Yeah, so?” he shrugged. “That’s not too young.”

“I suppose not,” I said. “When was your first time?”

“Um … technically the guy my mom caught me with,” he shrugged, looking down at the sidewalk as if deep in thought. He caught me staring at him again and forced a laugh. “But don’t think that makes me some amateur, alright? We had, like, a lot of sex, okay?”

I felt a little pang of jealousy at that, but I did a good job of hiding it. Who even was this guy that he kept mentioning, though. He never once said anything about what their relationship was. Was it a boyfriend?

“He was one of my best friends for a while,” he said. There we go. “But he stopped talking to me after we got caught- I’m sorry, this is probably stupid to you, all this drama about losing a best friend over sex.”

“It’s not stupid at all,” I assured him. He really had no idea how much I could relate to him with the whole best friend thing. I wanted to tell him about Jenna and Jess, but I just couldn’t bring myself to. I was terrified to be honest.

“Yeah, it is. You’re probably so smart that you’d never get caught up in stupid shit. You probably have your life all organized and … you get the point,” he sighed. I was about to protest those assumptions, but then he changed the subject. “Have you ever thought of doing it outside?”

“Wait, what?” I asked, shocked at his sudden idea.

“I’ll take that as a no,” he chuckled. “Come here, I know a place..”

And with that, he grabbed my hand and led me off the sidewalk. We were crossing this shady orchard-like area that was probably some sort of park. He walked quickly through the trees until he got to this one that was sort of hidden away.

“Come on,” he said, surprising me even more by climbing the tree. Well, I guess he was athletic when he wanted to be. I followed him up to a spot in the center where the branches had grown outward from. The way the leaves and branches were kind of had us hidden from anyone that could have walked by, even though the orchard was empty anyway.

“We’re gonna have sex in a tree? I don’t even have anything with me,” I said, cursing the fact that I had left the condom and the lube in my bag at his house. He shrugged.

“Or you can blow me in a tree,” he shrugged. “That sounds a lot less painful.”

I smirked and slid down so that I was eye-level with the front of his shorts. The space in the tree was tight, but it was just enough room for the both of us. I nuzzled my face against his crotch, as he let out a small gasped. I kissed the area, hoping to tease him just enough before pulling his shorts down just enough so that his hardened member was popping out in my direction.

I lightly let my tongue flicker over the tip as he ran his fingers through my hair. I knew he wanted me to just go down on him, but I wasn’t quite ready to do that yet. I removed my tongue and kissed the areas all around his dick without actually touching it,

“Come on,” he moaned, frustrated. I smiled and nipped lightly at his hipbone, feeling him shiver beneath my touch. I held out my tongue and licked him all the way from base to tip„ pressing my lips to the top once I got there. “Oh fuck.”

With that, I took him into my mouth entirely. I pressed my tongue against the shaft, fitting him in until he reached the back of my throat. He moaned again, twisting his fingers into my hair as he held me there. I pulled back and then slid back down, as I worked myself into a rhythm. He held onto my hair, holding m in place as I picked up my pace. Every now and then, I’d let him out of my mouth, only to lick the tip, because I discovered that it drove him crazy.

Finally, I felt his hips bucking from beneath me and his breathing start to grow erratic. He gasped loudly and I sucked him in further as he spilled into my mouth. I sucked him clean and swallowed as I pulled back. I stood up and leaned against my side of the tree as he just looked at me, his face flushed and his hair disheveled. I just grinned.

“That was great,” he breathed. I just laughed and made my way out of the tree as he pulled his shorts up. I turned back to him to see him leaning against one of the branches as he tried jumping down. “Shit, my legs feel all wobbly.”

“Aw, did I do that?” I laughed, going over to the base of the tree. He really wasn’t that far off the ground, but I knew it was hard to be super steady on your feet after sex, even if it was just oral. I held m hands up to him to try and help him down, but he stumbled anyway, knocking me over in the process.

When I looked up, he was on top of me, his arms at my sides as he lifted his head from my chest. Our eyes met for a only a moment, but it felt like forever to me. I got this fluttery feeling in my chest as I looked up at him, with his eyes wide and his cheeks still pinkish. Without thinking I reached up and brushed a lock of hair away from his face. I froze when I realized what I did.

“Uh, we should go back now,” I suggested as he nodded wordlessly, pushing himself off the ground and leading me out of the orchard for a very quiet walk back to his house. I couldn’t help but wonder why he didn’t say anything about that, or why he didn’t make some rude joke to brush it off. All I could do was cross my fingers and hope for the best.