Status: Completed!

In the End

In the End

“Zack, it’s been an hour! Get out of the bathroom this minute young man” A female voice yelled out, as a dark haired woman banged on the only bathroom in the small house.

Footsteps were heard approaching her and she turned to see her husband walk into the hallway to watch with an amused look upon his face. She scowled at the blonde man and rolled her eyes at him.

“Awww! But mum, I can’t rush perfection.” A teenage boy whined, opening the door and emerging from the bathroom. He was the spitting image of his father only he had his mother's dark brown eyes. When his mother didn't reply the teenage boy turned to his father. “Tell her dad.”

She shifts her eyes to rest on Cloud as he spoke up. “He’s got a point honey, we can’t rush the delicate procedure of having our shower and gelling our hair.” He stated with a smirk.

She held back the urge to face-palm herself before sighing and shaking her head. "You're meant to be on my side!” She exclaimed, smacking her husband's bicep.

Cloud held his hands up defensively and grinned “Okay, okay! Your mother has a point,” He said, turning to Zack “An hour is far too long, it only takes me 45 minutes all together.” He stated.

This time she rolled her eyes. “What your father means is that spending an hour in the bathroom shows that you may be a bit… feminine.” She concluded, having tried to find an appropriate word.

There was a large gap of silence between the family of three and she wondered if she'd upset her son.

“What’s wrong with being feminine?” Zack huffed, folding his arms across his chest and pouting at his mother. She sighed in relief and shook her head lightly, a small smile graced her lips.

“Nothing, I did marry your father after all.” She turns to glance at Cloud with a smirk on her lips.

Zack took one look at his fathers facial expressions before doubling over in laughter.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Cloud states, getting into a huff.

“Well it’s true, you both spend almost an hour in the bathroom, worried about how your hair will look,” She giggles, unfazed by her son’s howling laughter or her husband's death glare before continuing “I guess it’s true what they say.”

“And what would that be” Cloud replied through gritted teeth.

“Like father, like son.” She grinned, ducking under Cloud's arm as she dodged away from his grasp with a laugh, the males taking chase after her.

The instant Cloud had chosen to forgive himself and move on with his life was the day his world started moving again, letting go off his anger and sadness had allowed him find his own happiness.

His own family.

In the end, that's all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Constructive criticism is most welcome! I have rewritten this but I feel like it could do with a lot more improvement so any advice would be much appreciated! :)