Status: Updates come when inspiration smacks me in the face :)

Bad Guy, Good Heart

Reasoning

“No-body knows.” Yuki sighed softly, holding her hand out in front of her face, palm facing her as she laid spread out across her bed. She blinked slowly before sighing dejectedly. How long did she have to wait? Too long she guessed.

She heard the door open and then bang closed; she didn’t have to sit up to know who her visitor was.

“Why can’t you take me for a walk?” She asked quietly, her restlessness was getting the better of her.

The weight on her bed shifted and blue hair filled her vision before Grimmjow’s face appeared close to her own.

“I’ve told you before.” Was his only answer before he disappeared from her view to position himself lying beside her.

She turned on her side to face him, bringing her knees up closer to her body.

“I know, because Arrancars are cruel and there are more of them that have Rin’s mindset, jealousy.” Yuki recalled.

“They’ll tear you to shreds, even though Lord Aizen made it clear no harm comes to you, they’ll set someone up to take the fall.”

Yuki stared at Grimmjow, wondering why the bad tempered Espada was so careful with her; she didn’t dare ask him, afraid to set his temper off. She had asked once, he’d told her he wanted to get back into Lord Aizen’s good books.

“I lost a fight and he scorned me, by doing this he said it’ll make up for me losing the fight.” He had replied for his reasoning.

But Yuki found it hard to believe him; if his words rang true he wouldn’t keep her company whenever he could.

By now Grimmjow was mirroring her position and facing her, he stared at the bell adorning her neck and went to touch it. Yuki flinched back in surprise which only made Grimmjow want to touch it more, so she stayed still and let him jingle it.

“Why do you have this on you? It’s like a cat collar.” He muttered.

Yuki thought for a second before answering him “It’s kinda an inside joke between me and my dad.” She explained giggling.

“Care to share?” He asked curiously, jingling it again. Yuki reached up and took his large hand between her two smaller ones, Grimmjow unconsciously recoiled from her touch but she holds firm, a soft smile played on her lips.

“One day I will, soon.” She murmured, a ghost of darkness glinted in her eyes, disappearing just as quickly as it came.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to know what you think Yuki's secret is!